edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Discount Codes 'n Vouchers
261 replies 58.1K views

Replies

• FieryBlondeScotFieryBlondeScot Forumite
    520 Posts
    100 Posts
    ✭✭
    :-/
    a few people are gettn message 'performed an illegal op'' when tryng the above

can anyone help wth ths?
  • Sn0ttersSn0tters Forumite
    19 Posts

can anyone help wth ths?

This is a bit of a guess how to get round it, but the problem sounds to be your wesion of Word. You could try opening it with WordPad instead.

To do this, right click on the link and select Save Target As. Save it to your desktop.
    Once the download is finished you should see it on your desktop. If you are using XP or 2000 then right click on it, else right click with shift held down. Amenu pops up, select Open With, then select Choose Program. Browse that list until you see WordPad.

If you don't see WordPad then it should be under c:\program files\windows NT\Accessories\wordpad.exe
    Run that up and just open the saved file from WordPad.

If that fails go to https://www.officeupdate.com and get any word updates.

Wil

You can send my consultation fee to my Paypal account! 8)
  • Sn0ttersSn0tters Forumite
    19 Posts

can anyone help wth ths?

Seems I'm turning Russian with the wesion of Word.

Can you copy and post us exactly everything you see when you get the illegal operation message. Sometimes it's possible to search the web for the addresses printed, as others have usually experienced and fixed the same problem.

Wil
  • Good luck to all of you who have managed to use the internet vouchers at Tesco. My local Tesco (North Harbour, Portsmouth) were having none of it. The Font End Manager did not want to read my copy of the e-mail stating that it was Company Policy to accept the vouchers. And told me that his store could negate Company Policy whenever they chose to do so!

What's the point of having a Company policy is it can be overturned by anyone who works for Tesco?

>:(Seriously !!!!!!-off of Portsmouth ???
  • Good luck to all of you who have managed to use the internet vouchers at Tesco. My local Tesco (North Harbour, Portsmouth) were having none of it. The Font End Manager did not want to read my copy of the e-mail stating that it was Company Policy to accept the vouchers. And told me that his store could negate Company Policy whenever they chose to do so!

What's the point of having a Company policy is it can be overturned by anyone who works for Tesco?

>:(Seriously !!!!!!-off of Portsmouth ???

I think my response to that would be to inform the manager that I intended to write to Head Office to inform them that he had refused to comply with company policy, refused to even look at a letter to the custoer stating customer policy and stated that he could overturn company policy whenever he wished to do so.
    Mark Hughes' blue and white army
  • Suzz_2Suzz_2 Forumite
    154 Posts
    Hi Just printed off the vouchers and used them at Asda no problem at all, although they will take a maximum of 10, the checkout operater told me that they have a policy of taking Inernet vouchers but obviously you cannot use other stores vouchers. So if you have trouble at Tesco there loss is Asda's gain

Tried to use some of the vouchers at Asdas today. Cashier (very nice) checked with supervisor, supervisor with manager, 10mins later, answer "NO".

They said they've got no way of telling they're genuine - they could be photocopies.

Whils I was 'somewhat agrieved', maybe they do have a point. None of the vouchers state on them that they are internet vouchers and that colour/b&w prinsts are acceptable. They could have been photocopied magazine vouchers...

Maybe the manufacturers who produce the vouchers could be clearer on this and there is still obviously confusion over whether shops take them or not.

Oh well, I'll have to try Tesco next week...
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The sneaky fact While you are meant to actually buy the products to get the discount, often they will simply just accept all vouchers whether you bought the product or not and discount it from your shopping.

"Sneaky" - or just plain dishonest? A knowing attempt to use a discount voucher against something you haven't bought would look to many people like an attempt to defraud, I think you will find

• "Sneaky" - or just plain dishonest? A knowing attempt to use a discount voucher against something you haven't bought would look to many people like an attempt to defraud, I think you will find
    Hardly when it comes from Tesco head office that they will be accepted provided the product is sold in store but doesn't have to be bought ;D

"Should you have a money off coupon for a product, providing Tesco stocks
    that product you can use the coupon with out buying that particular product,
    however if you have 5 of the same product coupon and you would like to use
    these all in the one shop you would have to buy 5 of the product that is
    specified on the coupon in order to qualify. " ;)
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Saved £5.70 at Tesco (Dover) on Friday evening. Young male who could not give a 4X. So much so he excepted the out of date crisp voucher. Very happy chappie. ;D
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to print the vouchers this morning (21/6) and there only appeared to be one, plus several pages all blank except for an expiry date!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals