Collated Tesco Savings Voucher £10ish discount

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Discount Codes 'n Vouchers
261 replies 58.1K views

Replies

• SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The Tesco Extra at ToTon in Nottinghamshire refuse to accept any printed off vouchers.
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I have also been refused at Stratford upon AVon store, have e-mailed customer services, to find out overall company policy :o
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been refused in 3 Tescos in Manchester (city centre, upper brook street, and wimslow road). Spoke to the manager- rang head office- and can't use any internet printed vouchers.

Can someone find out what the real deal is plz?
  • tinalivestinalives Forumite
    903 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Took these vouchers into Tesco in Chorley tonight and the woman on the till was having none of it, so I mentioned that it is their stated policy to accept them etc etc, but she was still having none of it and called the manager.

Manager said that head office have informed them that they can only accept ONE voucher for an item which has not been purchased.

So I pulled out a copy of 'my' email from head office, which he obviously couldn't read properly as he came to the conclusion that the email confirmed exactly what he had just said???

Anyway, I was getting nowhere so I had to settle for £2 off my £13 shop - a bit gutting really as I don't usually shop at Tesco.
  • I’ve just read with interest Martin’s posting at the beginning of this thread. Last week I received a letter (dated 10 June 2004) from Tesco head office essentially saying the same as the e-mail quoted by Martin.

Yet, when I wanted to use one £2 Glade voucher taken from a magazine and one Colgate 50p internet coupon towards my £3.37 bill, my local store did not want to accept them. Of course, I showed them the letter. The manageress phoned head office and then told me that head office had changed their policy and that I had been told the wrong thing. She eventually agreed to accept my two vouchers but for once only.

Yet, at the same time, I have no difficulties at another Tesco store not very far away from me (but not within walking distance).

All this makes me wonder what on earth is going on here ??? >:(. I’m not really sure what will be best to do next. Has anybody else experienced this kind of muddle?

Thanks in advance for any help :).
    Mark Hughes' blue and white army
  • ChippsChipps Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, I tried to access this site, but got the "performed an illegal operation" thingy. Do I need a particular program to open the webpage ??? ??? ???
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I contacted Customer Services again to confirm their Policy. They stated that they do accept these vouchers. Contacted Toton again and guess what? They say that Customer Services are wrong, the policy is not to accept these vouchers. Was also told that the EPOS will throw out any branded vouchers if the product is not bought. Who is right, definitely not the customer.
  • ler01kjhler01kjh Forumite
    164 Posts
    I have worked for Tesco for 9 years in two different stores. At both the policy has been not to accept internet coupons. Incidentally, this only became an issue about 2-3 years ago when internet coupons started coming into the shops. Although branded (original) coupons are accepts, subject to Tesco selling it, and subject to the discretion of the store manager on the number accepted.  This has been the policy for years, and I would think that until HQ decides to inform stores of any change, many people reading this thread will have problems redeeming.
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    :I also work at Tesco. We definitely accept internet coupons in our store. If they won't scan,the checkout assistant will type the number in. I use Durex. Nutrigrain and Colgate vouchers several times a week together with the Telegraph, Wish value and Glade vouchers. We are supposed to accept up to 10% of total bill or £10 worth.

Karenian
  • sasha_108sasha_108 Forumite
    105 Posts
    i have worked for tesco for 5 years and as far as i'm aware we DO accept the vouchers, although because i work there the managers say it would be taking advantage of the system if we used them, but i do anyway! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Avro Energy and Green cease trading

What it means for your gas & electrity

MSE News

Energy mythbusting

What really makes a difference?

MSE Guides

Free £6 Amazon credit for some

When you add £50 to gift card balance

MSE Deals