MSE EE broadband deal : We want your feedback

Options

Comments

• cherryblossomzel
    Options
    I got this deal. There were some problems with the initial setup, but hey ho. Sadly I got charged twice (becuase of an accidental duplication of an account for me, which was no-one's fault, just one of those things). I called up on the weekend and was told that I would be refunded in Novemer. If that refund doesn't come through as promised I will be annoyed. I also have slight conceerns about the amazon voucher, based on other people's experiences, but will wait and see.

The actual BB is fine, reliable and fast enough for my needs, including streaming TV. Customer services has been fantastic. Very helpful and friendly.
  • merzal
    merzal Posts: 290 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    I recently went with EE via a TCB deal. The cash back is confirmed at £136.50. I paid the line rental up front £132 leaving £2.50 a month to pay for broadband and weekend calls. The move to EE from Sky went smoothly and I am happy with the broadband.
    When I looked at my bill they had charged me £9.95 for the bb and calls instead of £2.50. A quick call to customer services soon rectified this and the £7.45 was credited back onto my account the following month along with a good will gesture for my inconvenience.
    I have so far been impressed with EE, the only thing I seem to having trouble with is setting up my account for the Orange Wednesday deal which has still not been sorted so this has reminded me to give them another call!
    [STRIKE]CC1: £354.35 / £354.35[/STRIKE]
    CC2: £390 / £1475.98
    Boiler: £1500 / £2500
    [STRIKE]Overdraft: £1000 / £1000[/STRIKE]
    Emergency Fund : £20
  • Rainbow82
    Rainbow82 Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 24 October 2014 at 6:55PM
    Options
    Signed up on 28th September, had three separate go live dates, router finally arrived last week after 18 phone calls. As yet still have no phone line (they have said this won't switch till 29th October) and no broadband service, router can't connect to internet! A second router arrived yesterday for unknown reason, 2 phone calls and EE can't tell me why but the details on it are for a second account they seem to have set me up for and which they took £134.50 out of my account today for. They have never been authorised to set up or charge me for this second account and as yet I'm still not even receiving the service for one account from EE. So in summary they have taken £266.50 from my bank account and as yet I have no broadband or phone line! I only wish I knew how to extract myself from this mess. Avoid this deal at all costs, ive no idea why MSE are still advertising it.
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I moved from Sky to EE on the back of a Quidco deal, in July.
    The cashback hasn't shown up, and the broadband isn't very good.
    I've now passed the Quidco wait period for the cashback, and so need to raise a claim.
  • Alirhi?10
    Options
    Can moneysavingexpert let me know how I can contact them about a complaint? I signed up for a recommended deal from the newsletter and my m and s vouchers I told would arrive haven't. Thanks.
  • vonBlanko
    Options
    Might as well have this on record. Per the general Amazon EE thread:
    vonBlanko wrote: »
    Double-checking a statement this week, it seems we've been charged £130 worth of something (presumably line rental), for the Amazon EE package order we were told was cancelled, in favour of staying with TalkTalk.

Ugh.

Don't suppose anybody has any tips before I set aside a few hours of my precious Sunday afternoon for money which feels like it's been stolen in the most cliched, big business way, we can't afford and feels like probably won't come back?

:(

If the issue is resolved, will update.
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    prowla wrote: »
    I moved from Sky to EE on the back of a Quidco deal, in July.
    The cashback hasn't shown up, and the broadband isn't very good.
    I've now passed the Quidco wait period for the cashback, and so need to raise a claim.
    Fabulous - I went to raise the claim for my £130 cashback, which could not be done before 90 days, and it said it had to be done within 13 weeks!

I've raised the comment on the Quidco Q&A thread (http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3282000&page=116&highlight=).
  • TopCat11
    Options
    I'm not impressed so far.
    I signed up for the EE phone/broadband deal via the link and got a confirmation page when I completed the order, which unfortunately I didn't print as I knew I would get an email.
    No email arrived.
    However I did get a phone call a couple of days later from EE from a lady asking if she could help me with anything - I said I'd signed up to a deal, so she checked and said it was all there. I then had a letter from EE saying that the transfer had started and was due to go live 27th Oct. I also had letters from Sky (previous provider) saying they would terminate service on 27th October. Didn't hear anything else until today (27th Oct, go-live day!) when I had a text from EE asking me to ring - I did and turns out there was a problem with my address so the order had to go through again. Now EE won't start my service until 10th Nov and if Sky do switch us off today that means no phone or broadband for 2 weeks. EE have agreed to give me a month free because of this.
    However I am now worried I won't get the Amazon voucher. I've emailed the Affiliate email address and await a reply.
    Really wish I hadn't bothered with this now but I trusted MSE - this is the first deal I've signed up to via MSE, won't bother again if this is the result!
  • Mjkpio
    Mjkpio Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    Is this really a good deal? By my calculation...

38.0Mb/sec
    UNLIMITED Broadband
    18 months
    Weekend Calls
    No Call Features
    Line Rental

3 months at £5 = £15
    15 months at £19.95 = £299.25
    (Line rental) 18 months at £15.75 = £283.50

So that's £597.75 for 18 months of 38mb/s broadband and line rental. Plus £6 one off delivery fee.

Obviously you get a £100 Amazon Voucher which is great, and EE may cover the cancellation fee of your previous provider up to £100, but...

In my honest opinion... that's expensive!!
    Save/Pay for wedding & honeymoon by Aug 18 = COMPLETED!
    Debt free by Dec 2018 = TBD
    Savings Target by July 2019 = £20,000

2016 Goal = Buy a house with 10% deposit : COMPLETED!
    2017/18 Goals = Pay off Student Loan (COMPLETED!) & Car Loan
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,347 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mjkpio wrote: »
    Is this really a good deal?
    I agree the prices you posted are terrible, but that isn't the deal being asked about. Details of the MSE deal are here - £168 for 1 year including line rental and delivery fee. Factoring in the £100 Amazon voucher, that's an all-in cost of £68 for 1 year of broadband, after which you would be best off switching or negotiating a new deal with EE.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure