We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Options

Comments

• tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like your settling in well Fay, Yoga is something I keep meaning to try its supposed to be good for dodgy knees, just not enough hours in the day of late.
    Dave you didn't go to the panto....oh no you didn't...oh yes he did...sorry it had to be done :)
    Wind blowing a hooley and its got a bit of a bite but still showing 4C its been warm enough during the day in the poly we had a red admiral butterfly doing the rounds.
    Murphy's law dictates my week off work to get some work done at home isn't looking good with rain on the cards pretty much all week. but the tree and hedge cut back is finally finished. so one job ticked off a million and one to go.
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    afternoon peeps :D

well not a lot to report either.... been VERY cold over nights here , ice and frosty.

mum had some more cancer spots removed on Friday but shes coming along great now. did some shopping for her today so she can just STAY IN !!

oh and you know when ive said we have more than enough ponies here ...... well , there happens to be a corker of a coloured pony that is up for sale that is .....stunning ! mane down to its knees !! SO we MAY be going to oxford soon ...just to look of course :D:D:D

have a good rest of the weekend y'all
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,784 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I can report its windy in Skye but none of the dreaded white stuff. Decorator has done a brilliant job. Just need some nice weather to get the outside painted. Off to hire the carpet washer and get a new mattress tomorrow. Not sure how the sciatica will like washing carpets but we'll give it a whirl.
    L

Feel your pain on the tax return had to get ours done before we came away.
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Had a houseful here yesterday as we'd planned a meal out to celebrate my 70th, which happened 'recently.' With 9 in the house and 2 in the caravan, it hasn't been so busy here for years.

The two in the caravan had a pretty 'interesting' night! :rotfl:

Think you are doing things just right Fay. :T

If yoga's good for creaky knees, then perhaps....er...on second thoughts I've no idea where my leotard is! :o Let's see what the physio says tomorrow.....:D
  • Fay
    Fay Posts: 1,031 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I started yoga after splitting with the ex husband as a way to reconnect with myself, as I lost myself in the marriage and split. It helps with flexibility, strength, balance...all sorts. But for me it’s an hour and 15 minutes in the week to just stop and be completely with myself. I love it. And the new group being sociable is a complete bonus.
    Choille-thank you.i guess I had no choice but to venture forth but I’m enjoying it.
    The landscaper who came yesterday said to me “you have kids don’t you.”, I said no it’s just me. He then said “but there are kids shoes in the porch”...looked thoughtful then said “they’re not yours are they”. They obviously were and we had a good laugh lol.
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :beer:Happy Birthday Dave:beer:

:bdaycake:

Many Congratulations.

Glad you had a few folks round.

Fay - It's good that you are getting organised. I'm just dragging myself about - it's so cold. I would go to yoga if there was any near here. I used to years ago.

A crisp beach walk today with collie wobble & we met another little two dogs who he knows but aren't too sure of him ,but he got a good run.
    Sold a few things on the bay so am packing them up. Just cheapish things but all helps get rid of the clutter.
    We have someone coming tomorrow so I'd better have a tidy up - funny how you get the incentive to tidy & clean when you are expecting visitors.

Better get ready for tomorrow.
  • pink_poppy
    pink_poppy Posts: 1,486 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Belated Happy 70th Birthday, Dave!! :beer:

Not much to report here. I'm up in Scotland at the rental place, first time in 7 weeks for me, I have missed it. We've had snow showers this morning and it's freezing cold but it looks beautiful out there.

Talking of yoga, I've got a Yoga for Beginners DVD that I've brought up with me for something to do while DH is at work. It came up with me the last time I was here as well, but it's still in the wrapper... :whistle:
    'A watched potato will never chit'...
  • Fay
    Fay Posts: 1,031 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Happy belated birthday Dave! Sorry I missed that first time round!
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    HAPPY BIRFDAY FOR WHENEVER TWAS ... from down yere in the forest xxxx
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Totally snowed in today & very chilly.

Did little other than feed animals and ourselves.

I do slow right up when it's like this.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure