We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Options

Comments

• lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,784 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hugs to everyone that needs them. Funeral went ok and sister behaved. Stepdad needs the have his sensitivity button resent. At the pub after the even and he was already discussing where her ashes were going. The poor sod wouldn't have even finished cooking! Had a lovely wicker coffin for her. in life when she was able to go shopping she always used a basket. Painful on the arms when i had to lug it about.

Hopefully going up north on Friday. Choille I'll send you a wave!
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm pleased the funeral went okay Lucielle.
    You should drop in on your way North.:)

It's cold with the wind but no more snow as such although some forecast.
    I can't be bothered but will venture out again to take some hay up & feed.
    Ullapool seemed quiet today - no visitors or decorations. Just a quick run in for prescription & a little shop.
    There's a lovely wood before you get there & I give Collie Wobble a walk. Some amazing trees. Good that they mainly have name tags. Massive Wellingtonias and some really exotic stuff.
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,784 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Choille I'm not sure where you are. Send me a pm

L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Colder here, and even a litle sleet in the night, but still nothing ghastly on the horizon. However, I'm noticing swelling buds that probably shouldn't be yet.....:undecided

Anyway, we're just starting on the logs delivered last October, having gone through ours and Pete's held for this winter. Had another load delivered by the log lady yesterday, so there's enough to take us through, whatever happens. :D

We also have oil coming in the next week or so. I was offered 43ppl, so I took it, having paid 51ppl in the heatwave last summer. What's all that about?:huh:
  • choille
    Options
    Powdery snow here & the sky looks filled with it. Doubt we'll be going far today.
    Funny that with the oil being cheaper Dave.
    OH has a lot of work on so I tip toe about whilst he draws.
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    bbrrrrr we are cold today !
    im driving to sussex today and a tad scared ! roads are glassy...

well the horses demolished the first bale of hay delivered [they are the GIANT bales ] in a day ! im sure its just a challenge rather than hunger !! their field shelter is now knee deep in hay so maybe they are smart ?

just fed the birds before I leave and the peacocks came running up the garden like their life depended on it .....
    a;ways makes me take a moment and admire them .. the 2 boys are starting to get their tail feathers, always amazes me how so many grow every year in ORDER ! nature is fantastic .

right well im off
    have a good day y'all xx
  • tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    Still waiting for winter here, I guess it will turn up around March
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I think winter gales will be turning up in less than 24 hrs now, but there's no sign of the really cold stuff here.

Sneaked off to a Panto tonight to see how a local am-dram group do it. :cool:

Overall it was OK, and there were a few excellent bits, but it was 20 minutes too long and the bought-in script was very pedestrian. I never once felt involved in the story, which is the acid test IMO. Also, no mention anywhere of where the money goes. :eek:

Still, it was better than ours, because we don't have one ths year! :o
  • Fay
    Fay Posts: 1,031 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening day dreamers. Hugs to anyone who needs one. I’m plodding on withvery little to report. Had a landscaper round this morning to look at the patio,he will call by the end of the week with a quote but I liked him and what he said.other than that nothing is happening outside other than the bog is getting boggier!
    The weather here is miserable today, grey, cold and raining.
    I’ve started to try and find my way around the new area and see if I can meet some local people. I’ve started running again...the local club who said they are “social and inclusive” said I couldn’t join until my times were faster...don’t think I’ll bother thanks, not my idea of inclusive lol but it’s nice to find my way around. I’ve joined a yoga class and the practice is great and the group are lovely and friendly. I’ve been invited by one to join the local WI so8m going to give that a whirl. I’ve also found a garden group so hoping to go along next month.all in all it’s going well :)
  • choille
    Options
    Snow on the tops & rained all day & night. Our little bridge is breached.

Fay that sounds good with the yoga group. How brave are you - you have the right attitude. It must be hard venturing forth - I do admire you for that.

Good to go see the amdram stuff & must be good to know that you did a better job - of course you did.

Alfie - you must get it cold too. I always think it's just us up here that get the ice.

I am not doing much at all. It's tax return time & OH is bent over a towering pile of papers & receipts after a mad few hours trying to find missing bank statements etc. It's that time of year again.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback