»

Daydream fund challenge part 4 - Page 6

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

Daydream fund challenge part 4

edited 4 October 2014 at 12:24PM in Greenfingered MoneySaving
10.1K replies 808.9K views

Replies

• DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    31K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope old dog's blood tests improve Better Days. Since hitting the big six-five, I seem to have had them much more often than 3 monthly! A few weeks back, one of mine gave a high reading, so I had to have more, but it seems to have been a blip, or a mistake.

They look after us oldies here almost as well as the vet, but it's debatable whether the level of self-knowledge is sometimes too much....especially when it's wrong or there is s*d all one can do!
    Sponsoring The Warning in 2020
    469fc3ds43h3.jpg
  • Davesnave wrote: »
    Hope old dog's blood tests improve Better Days. Since hitting the big six-five, I seem to have had them much more often than 3 monthly! A few weeks back, one of mine gave a high reading, so I had to have more, but it seems to have been a blip, or a mistake.

They look after us oldies here almost as well as the vet, but it's debatable whether the level of self-knowledge is sometimes too much....especially when it's wrong or there is s*d all one can do!

Thanks Dave. It is a matter of maintaining her quality of life now, as you say there is a limit to what you can do. She also has a number of 'fatty lumps' but they don't trouble her and it is not worth risking the anesthetic.

Occasionally Mr BD participates in medical research at Cambridge University (they even gave him a 3D image of his brain on one occasion (after extensive tests to find it) :D) He was barred from participating in one project as they blood tested him and found opiates :rotfl::rotfl:Turns out that the test is so sensitive that even poppy seeds on your bread can give a positive result!

Babafette we have had our kitchen and bathroom done this year. Bathroom and ensuite finished but kitchen and utility still work in progress. Has been painfully slow as the chap doing it is in his 60's and works to 'Suffolk time' which is leisurely and unhurried. We have come to the conclusion that he doesn't really need the work and is treating the project as a hobby to keep busy. He is starting again next week, we hope all will be done by Christmas! Post some before and after photo's if you can - it is always great seeing the progress made (and if any ideas can be pinched ;);))

We had the outside of our house painted in the spring and were pleased with the work so asked the decorator to quote to do the inside. We finally got the quote on Saturday!

Dave, how is the roof going? It's very wet here again today, hope the rain missed you.
    It is a good idea to be alone in a garden at dawn or dark so that all its shy presences may haunt you and possess you in a reverie of suspended thought.
    James Douglas
  • COOLTRIKERCHICKCOOLTRIKERCHICK Forumite
    10.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    morning all,

it absolutely piddled down last night... blue skies now... so hopefully it will dry out a bit..

BD.. fingers crossed the next lot of blood tests will be ok

here we go, some pics of piglins.. we thought we might have had to bottle feed them, after mum, not producing enough millk, but it does look as though those injections done the trick, so far..

also a pic of mr big boy, just lazing in his arc.. and the cheeky chooks went into his run lol.. he wasn't bothered in the slightest. They are light susses cross silkies..

017_zps080ff4d3.jpg
    014_zps54b79fce.jpg
    023_zpsa01427aa.jpg
    Work to live= not live to work
    31K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pigs and piglins all look very pleased with life in those photos, CTC. :A:T

Struggling with the roof today in the showers, but promised drier later.:undecided Similarly, I'm trying to dig out an inspection chamber, ready to replace it, but I may have to retreat to the polytunnel before long. ;)

In the latest episode of Draingate, Mr Rod is returning soon to dig another hole, and I have Mrs Landlady coming over tonight for a conference, as I'm now heartily sick of describing everything to her, while she selectively hears whatever I say.

I think we'll agree to a cheap fix now, then review the situation once we've installed our new house drains.

Very disappointed with the sweet peppers 'California Wonder,' which are going spotty and bad before we can use them.:( The others are all OK.
    469fc3ds43h3.jpg
    10.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hope your conference goes well with mrs landlady..

Well I just had a wonderful ray of sunshine this afternoon...its suprising what a friendly bubbly person just being there can do for you...

right... catch you all laters, as I am home at mo, making some food to take up the ranch..
    31K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I just had a wonderful ray of sunshine this afternoon...its suprising what a friendly bubbly person just being there can do for you... .

Not our favourite Fairy Godmother, by any chance? :think::rotfl:
    469fc3ds43h3.jpg
    10.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davesnave wrote: »
    Not our favourite Fairy Godmother, by any chance? :think::rotfl:

could have been...

sitting in front of my computer in work, and there was a knock on the window in front of me lol
    31K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally got nearer to the bottom of Draingate today....if you'll pardon the expression! It's down to geology.

Basically, we have too much clay sub-soil, where we need rock with nice open strata for water to percolate along. The clay has effectively locked-in the water we've been sending down there.

All that's being proposed now is an extended run of pipe into the virgin rocks further along. I dare say this will work for a while, but if it clogs and fails eventually, as I think it will, we shall be ready with a Plan B...;)
    469fc3ds43h3.jpg
  • alfie_1alfie_1 Forumite
    5.8K posts
    1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    ive had a fun time too today.....;) and even a total 420 miles taking a total of nearly 9 hours didnt dampen my spirits :D twas an adventure :rotfl: my golden girl dog is missing her sis and sticking to me like glue :o the cat is missing her kits and sticking to me like glue :o bimble..... couldnt give a poooooop :rotfl: [im sure he does but hes always stuck to me like glue anyway....] so its like having little children at my heels ! back to work tomorow .... for a rest me finks ;):D
  • Davesnave wrote: »
    Finally got nearer to the bottom of Draingate today....if you'll pardon the expression! It's down to geology.

Basically, we have too much clay sub-soil, where we need rock with nice open strata for water to percolate along. The clay has effectively locked-in the water we've been sending down there.

All that's being proposed now is an extended run of pipe into the virgin rocks further along. I dare say this will work for a while, but if it clogs and fails eventually, as I think it will, we shall be ready with a Plan B...;)

Ummm, I'd always imagined you were on chalk down your way, but you learn something every day ;). We are clay here too, good if you want to make pots or come home with half the field on your wellies!! Is Plan B going to be expensive and do you have any idea how long Plan A will last?

Lovely piglin photo's CTC, so sweet them all lying a heap.

Tiddling down here today. Kits just come rushing in all fluffed up, there must be a strange cat in the garden somewhere. No doubt they will sleep off their exicitement for the rest of the day.

Re-started battle with my lappy yesterday afternoon.....so far seems OK......

Went on Amazon yesterday to buy a thermostat for the water tank, ordered a dvd, some rawl plugs, some LED light bulbs and some B12 for old dog, and forgot the thermostat. Doh. Could do with a thermostat for myself - but I don't think they sell them on Amazon :o Have been 'overheating' much more frequently recently, either that or I'm cold. At least this time of year I can pop out to the porch and cool down quickly :D
    It is a good idea to be alone in a garden at dawn or dark so that all its shy presences may haunt you and possess you in a reverie of suspended thought.
    James Douglas