We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Options

Comments

• Better_Days
    Better_Days Posts: 2,742 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Waves to BD :wave:

Thanks BD....yes, we're getting really excited about house, garden & location - which will hopefully be far better suited to us than where we are currently. It should also be a more secure place for our two naughty dogs (once we've got it all fenced properly :o) I guess we won't be able to do a huge amount outside till the Spring, although I won't be able to resist getting started on exploring the *undergrowth* and I do intend to get some chickens soon, which we never got around to here :D

DH is itching to get started on the new kitchen, which we plan to re-site in one of the reception rooms.....I've been poring over online brochures etc today and dreaming of pot-fillers & tons of deep drawers, the latter being something we didn't incorporate enough of here.....

Sounds as though you and Mr BD are making good progress with your kitchen and utility rooms.....shame your builder seems like a bit of a pita :( Still, it must be exciting for you to be getting on so well with it all.....oooh, and a water-softener too - exciting! xxx

:hello: Phoebe :D:D:D

So pleased you are excited about your move. That's a sign that it's a good decision. I love having chickens and hope you enjoy yours when they arrive as much as I do mine. One of my neighbours is uttlerly charmed by them too, and once a week or so I find 'treats' for them left in the porch - sweetcorn, grapes etc. She has declared their eggs even better than the Waitrose super dooper ones :cool::cool::cool:

I must admit if I did the kitchen again I would probably have more drawer space, but the larder unit which I did have added is well worth it. I do think the LED lighting strips under the wall units work well. Hope you enjoy the planning stage......the place where we got the kitchen doors from had loads more choice than Homebase, B&Q, Howdens etc.

Ahh yes the water softener - I know I am getting old when I get excited about such things :o:o:o and Mr BD declared that he noticed the difference after his shower this afternoon.

Know you are going to be very busy with the move, but do pop in and update us when you can, always lovely to hear how you are getting on.
    It is a good idea to be alone in a garden at dawn or dark so that all its shy presences may haunt you and possess you in a reverie of suspended thought.
    James Douglas
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    RAS wrote: »
    Now MSE is sort of working, dare I ask after the roof, the track and the roads, choille?

I am looking at great black clouds scudding past; like there is a huge fire nearby. Although we are at 600 footish the hill normally force them higher.

Sorry to hear about the fire. Is it all okay & out now?

The roof is water tight. Our track isn't finished as the guy had to get his digger back before OH had it all done, but what is done is really holding up. We replaced a drainage pipe that was broken when it was laid & was never repaired - one of those, The guy who did the track was supposed to come back & repair it, but never did & we sort of forgot, so that really was the main cause of it being washed out. We will get a bigga digga next week to finish the track.

I have a friends hubby coming Fri & Sat to help a bit with some plaster board in the kitchen, so that should get us on a bit.

There was landslides yesterday in land - not surprised. It's been incredible. We do get it quite wet, but it's been incessant.

Going to try & get away for a couple of days this week coming. I do hope so.
  • Better_Days
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good moaning :D:D:D

Drizzly and damp here today but still very mild.

Mr BD getting pretty hyped as JC Superstar finally playing next week.....some nights sold out.

Watched episode 3 of the latest The Walking Dead last night....so tense in parts I had to look away and watch out of the corner of my eye - I think I am just too much of a wimp for this programme :o:o:o But it is addictive and I just can't resist:eek:
    It is a good idea to be alone in a garden at dawn or dark so that all its shy presences may haunt you and possess you in a reverie of suspended thought.
    James Douglas
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,747 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I love it to BD!!!! Anyone for roast leg.........?
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    choille wrote: »
    . We will get a bigga digga next week to finish the track.

I have a friends hubby coming Fri & Sat to help a bit with some plaster board in the kitchen, so that should get us on a bit.

Glad the track has survived, choille. :)

We're are at the same stage with the kitchen ceiling, but our builder has a day away today and only half of it's done. As he knocked a hole into the living room yesterday, we currently have a nice route for the woodburner's heat, straight into the loft! Good job it's mild.

Get a day or two away, I say.;) Thinking of going somewhere for a break myself when it cheers up today.....if it cheers up! :undecided
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Choille...

What needs to be done before kitchen is useable? ( not finished but useable?) and a bedroom.....and.......a bathroom?

I'll be so joyous when you move in.

Phoebe, so good to hear you happy about move. Are you still 'local'? :)

Not much happening here. I'm frustrated about it, but that doesn't help much.

I'm hoping the weather this afternoon is as charming as they suggest so the grass dries up for a good lawn cut rather than another hack at it.

I'd really love to get gates in soon at the front. One at least needs to be automatic ( not key coded though, just push button) and sliding would be best. We didn't want to do gates till the hedge was established but the holly has all had it ( might try privet) and the kiwi needs to be fenced in!
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Options
    LIR: The Kiwi needs to be fenced in? He's trying to escape again. That's Aussies for you.
  • Better_Days
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    lucielle wrote: »
    I love it to BD!!!! Anyone for roast leg.........?
    L

:eek::eek::eek: that turned my stomach more than all the zombie stuff put together:eek::eek::eek:
    James Douglas
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,709 Forumite
    Options
    choille wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about the fire. Is it all okay & out now?

No actual fire that I know of, just clouds at about 200foot above ground level that were very black and moving very fast; never seen anything like it here before. Looked more like smoke from a toxic bonfire then anything.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Ruddy blade on mower is bent. I choose to believe that this adds to aeration of 'turf' not just muddy scrapes all over it.

Still growing remarkably well, the front which is usually a little slower is long but I didn't have enough fuel left for that this afternoon.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback