Daydream fund challenge part 4

edited 4 October 2014 at 11:24AM in Greenfingered MoneySaving
10.7K replies 828.3K views

Replies

• DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    34.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've had a couple of half-decent days. When it's getting dark at 4pm it's only half a day anyway! :/
    Our bonfire is very soggy, so I'm not expecting to have a conflagration any time soon, banana boxes or no. We need the wind to go round to the west and be moderate before I can try, but that usually just brings more rain. It's all about seeing the window of opportunity and climbing through it quickly....
    Muddling along, getting less done than normal, but at least the tooth isn't playing-up and I'm no longer needing to add single malt to my daily medical routine. Just as well, as I've been chain and pole sawing. :o
    Plumber was a no show, yesterday and today again. Had to do something more important  lucrative in the South Hams. :'(
    Found a dead rat in the centre of the main path yesterday at dawn. Could be a coincidence, but there are 100s of other less conspicuous places it might have come to grief. Anyway, you can guess where it went! :D
  • Ted_HeadTed_Head Forumite
    945 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Into the hot pot?
  • Black_Cat2Black_Cat2 Forumite
    474 Posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Ted_Head said:
    Into the hot pot?
    😹😹😹
    Just my opinion, no offence 🐈
  • DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    34.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ted_Head said:
    Into the hot pot?
    Good Lord, no.........! :o
    got to hang it first. o:)

945 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Hang it - is that before you've drawn and quartered it?
    We just usually have them fresh on buttered toast anything else is just showing off.

• edited 1 December 2020 at 8:28AM
    DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    34.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 December 2020 at 8:28AM
    Coq au rat is a very well-known, ancient Devon recipe. Backalong, there was the Great Fire of Woolfardisworthy, which displaced thousands of them; hence the need to make use.
    Or was that C-ock-up-o'rats? They will gnaw cables and start conflagrations. Well, anyroad, it's in the annals of the Devonshire Association..... Not pretentious at all.
    (I was up in the night thanks to flu injection :( , but it was nothing a pill and a whisky couldn't fix. :blush:)
    945 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about the flu jag reaction. 
    Saw a greenish torch light in the field earlier on and went to investigate but saw nobody- kinda strange to be creeping about in the dark.
    Washing machine conked - blew the fuse at the socket so don't know what is wrong. Feel even more confused googling. One of those days where nothing goes according to plan - if I had one in the first place.
  • edited 1 December 2020 at 7:03PM
    DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    34.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 December 2020 at 7:03PM
    Ted_Head said:
    Sorry to hear about the flu jag reaction. 
    Saw a greenish torch light in the field earlier on and went to investigate but saw nobody- kinda strange to be creeping about in the dark.
    Washing machine conked - blew the fuse at the socket so don't know what is wrong. Feel even more confused googling. One of those days where nothing goes according to plan - if I had one in the first place.
    Perhaps there's a link?  Aliens landed in the field, mistook the signals from your washer for intelligent life, probed it with their.... err....probe thingy and blew a fuse. However, I suppose it's just possible that a circuit board component failed, or something like that. Odd that it went at the fuse though, when you'll have MCBs on your consumer unit, which I thought are faster.  :/
    Thanks for the sympathy. I didn't get any from DW, who accused me of  moaning and wriggling about and sent me elsewhere to sleep. :( It's expected though; I feel poorly after every flu jab for a few days, while DW is fine. I still got a fair bit done today while the sunshine lasted, though got the shivers and had to give up and come indoors when the clouds arrived.
    We get one more half decent day tomorrow and then it's rain and sleet for a bit.... :'( Can't really complain when it's been so mild we've still not lit the wood burner.

• in_my_welliesin_my_wellies Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Ted_Head said:
    They've moved one of the fish farm rafts and I think that explains the green light - although off shore it kinda looked like it was down the croft.
    Your referral to a fish farm reminded me of when I was at work on a training day I had to complete a very long careers questionnaire. Hundreds of questions to find out the career I was best suited to. Everyone else got 'doctor' 'solicitor' 'manager' and I got 'fish farmer'.  Everyone thought this was hysterical and never let me forget it but actually I secretly thought it sounded very preferable to the job I had 
    Love living in a village in the country side