Daydream fund challenge part 4

edited 4 October 2014 at 11:24AM in Greenfingered MoneySaving
10.7K replies 828.1K views

Replies

• DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    34.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Man flu jab syndrome'....Hmmm... I think it could be more like experiential predisposition after it happening every year, but apparently it is a thing, for some of us anyway. :(  It stopped after a few days. Mrs Dave had hers last Saturday and felt fine, of course, even though it was an 'American one' according to the nurse.
    No idea what sort mine was or why I had mine individually rather than in one of the 'herd' sessions that are still going on at the weekends. Maybe the folks at the Health Centre need a few real bodies through the door on weekdays as most of their business has shifted on-line since the advent of e-consult. Car park's half empty. It's almost impossible to see a real doctor face to face now, and getting to talk to one on the phone involves filling in a long internet questionnaire thing, which is exactly what the less privileged need if they're unused to computers and feeling crap! Still, I'm way ahead of most folk; I haven't seen my doctor in person since 2013, and I only remember that because he probed somewhere I'd have preferred him not to have gone....! :o
  • in_my_welliesin_my_wellies Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Just before lock down mum's doctor wrote to her asking her to go for a review. Even with dementia she wasn't fooled and said they were checking if she was still alive. Still waiting for the review.  

Plodding on with tidying up, built a new log shelter nearer the house.  We've have fog here for three days, everything is very damp. Time to find indoor jobs
    Love living in a village in the country side
  • Ted_HeadTed_Head Forumite
    945 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I don't go for the flu jab - although supposed to. I reckon that not going anywhere & if going in a food shop I wear a mask & sanitise my hands all the time to the point that the flesh is peeling off them - I doubt I'm going to catch it (fingers crossed).

Got a manky tick bite that was festering away - hard to be able to get to see a doc these days - sending a photo of my leg was okay, glad it wasn't on me bum as that may have proved tricky.

Still nasty weather so not venturing about much at all - only doing the necessary stuff. Still got chip pile 11 to barrow around but will have to wait for my leg to heal first & the weather to improve - so that will be August I expect.
  • DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    34.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've not had the flu, or even a proper cold, since the pantos stopped. With all the hand sanitising, mask-wearing etc going on, the amount of it doing the rounds ought to be far less than usual. Hope you got the antibiotics or whatever for the tick bite Ted; nasty thing to have. :# My temporary filling is still holding-on and there's just a week to go now before I get to see if I keep the tooth. :o
    I would say our chip pile is about the size of small car. Those who wanted some seem to have had it, so it could become something of an embarrassment, or I'll need to do lots of mulching!
    Must admit, my batteries are quite flat now, but it's just the seasonal daylight thing kicking-in as it does every year. I'm so pleased we're out of the city, where there's more light, even if the duration's short and it's dull. I lit the wood burner yesterday as  it's cheerful, but it's not cold outside so  we're sweltering tonight, even though it's heating most of the bungalow. No frost forecast before New Year either. Primroses are out....
  • Ted_HeadTed_Head Forumite
    945 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    It turned into cellulitis on my leg so that was nasty.
    The chips are from the stone quarry - for infront of the house and around it. It'll get done one day.

Been lovely here today & been hauling woodbine off the trees.

• luciellelucielle Forumite
    9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope you're feeling better Ted!
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124