10.7K replies 828.2K views

Replies

• edited 27 June 2020 at 7:16AM
    DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    34.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 27 June 2020 at 7:16AM
    Dave, glad to see you finally got to Rosemoor. What were the two plants you added to your list?? Were they seeds, cuttings or just a mental note??...
    They were Calamagrostis 'Overdam'

and Geranium 'Blueberry Ice'
    GERANIUM nodosum Blueberry IceEdit: Seeds? Cuttings? Me? :o

• DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    34.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'How do they do that?' department..... :o

Raining again. No wonder worms are scarce around here!
  • RASRAS Forumite
    29.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously got some very hungry chicks to feed. But as you say, how does he manage to juggle picking up one worm with a beakful already.

I'm off on a slug hunt if it's not raining after lunch.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • Ted_HeadTed_Head Forumite
    945 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Davesnave said:
    Dave, glad to see you finally got to Rosemoor. What were the two plants you added to your list?? Were they seeds, cuttings or just a mental note??...
    They were Calamagrostis 'Overdam'

and Geranium 'Blueberry Ice'
    GERANIUM nodosum Blueberry IceEdit: Seeds? Cuttings? Me? :o

Is this the same Dave:
  • edited 28 June 2020 at 9:11AM
    34.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 June 2020 at 9:11AM
    It's a geranium, Ted, but not the same. Too many types to be sure which one. It does look very blue and pretty though. Often when you take a picture of blue geraniums they come out looking pinkish.
    DW is 99% sure the odd chick isn't a cockerel, but she is very large and somewhat ungainly, so she's been christened Miranda. Nevertheless, all are able to fly up and perch easily. Last night, after they were tucked up in their usual sleeping quarters, they all rebelled, flew up to the top perch and stayed there, so it's perching from now on.

This is them 2 days ago, Ms Ungainly on the end:
  • RASRAS Forumite
    29.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ted, there's loads of them. I had the old basic Johnson's Blue when I moved in but it was about 5x3foot so had to come out in my tiny garden although I'd be happy with a small plant. I have several though, a white small flowered fluffy one which hunkers down to lovely grey whorls in winter, a pale pink bladder one and the old dark purple (phaeum?) plus a new stripy one that struggling with the heat this year. Am after one of the purple pink ones with a dark eye.
    I reckon hardy geraniums would be great  with you and there's enough leaf variation to make them interesting out of flower.

Dave, lovely stream bed and good to see the little'uns growing up. No combs in sight?

The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • edited 30 June 2020 at 8:38PM
    34.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 June 2020 at 8:38PM
    There are combs coming, RAS, but I don't have an up to date picture.
    The old Geranium phaeums were a bit dull, but there's the white version, album, and one or two new ones like 'Joan Baker' that are much brighter.
  • greenbeegreenbee Forumite
    15.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love geraniums :) I need to persuade mine to reproduce. I've got a Cambridge (which confusingly, is pink not blue!) and another pale pink one whose name I forget, as well one of the dull phaeums and a couple of purple ones that I've forgotten the names of. I'm hoping that they will replace the alchemilla mollis that I'm currently losing a battle against!