10.7K replies 828.3K views

Replies

• DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    34.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ted, just do what the government do with letters like that:
    "Dear Mr/Ms Neighbour's Lawyer,
    I have read your letter with much interest. Although I cannot concur with them, your representations have been noted.
    Yours etc
    Ted"
    As you're aware, the amount of land is rarely worth the hassle and possession is 9 points of the law anyway!
    Still no word from our new neighbour's lawyer about their little dispute. He's naively hoping the farmer across the stream's lawyer will agree with his. :D
    He's a good lad though. Told me where he got his cement mixer at a knock down price, so I sweet-talked the lady at the builders' merchant and got one too, £75 cheaper than the best internet price I'd found!  

34.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went fishing last night down at Pete's. :) Only caught a couple of 8" trout, which I returned, but it was a lovely evening and there was plenty to see. Had a kingfisher almost collide with my rod and there were dippers and herons about too, none of them willing to pose, unfortunately. :'(
  • RASRAS Forumite
    29.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meditative? With a gorgeous view.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
    34.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RAS said:
    Meditative? With a gorgeous view.
    Yes, it's such a pleasant place, I'm not much concerned about the size of catch, but I like there to be enough flow for the fish and other water creatures. The two I caught and put back looked very healthy, which is encouraging.
    The valley there has many mature oaks. Some are somewhat too mature and on their way out now, so Pete is planting more to leave something behind.