Daydream fund challenge part 4

edited 4 October 2014 at 12:24PM in Greenfingered MoneySaving
10.4K replies 817.9K views

Replies

• RASRAS Forumite
    28.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ted If I was clever I wouldn't have been boxing bees in a gale or before a drenching.

We made a mistake; something we thought would be OK, over three weeks ago. The bees thought otherwise, so they made another queen (cell) which is why the old one fled. Anyway, she and hers are all OK, making wax and making babies. Just I need to get more kit to ensure the colony can grow. 

Then we have to decide whether to reunite the old lady with her old colony, or take a risk on her daughter with unknown qualities. Either way we have a friend who is desperate for a good tempered queen or two and this lot are lovely.

The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • ukmaggie45ukmaggie45 Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh Dave, sending you cyber hugs and commiserations. Rest your poorly eye well!
    Congrats on the Good News! Will you be able to see the new infant any time soon?
    Love from Liverpool
  • Ted_HeadTed_Head Forumite
    863 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Dave - You poor thing. Hope it is all fine & you get to see an eye clinic. I ended up there a little while ago after poking myself in the eye with a branch. It was painful & I was given wrong drops by Nurse I initially saw so had to go to A&E - you are in the right place.  Good news on the Grandkiddie front - how lovely. If you've scratched your eyeball and you get drops do them religiously - do everything they say. I was even waking up & doing mine in the middle of the night. 
    RAS - How interesting all the bee keeping stuff is. I did know someone who kept them and they got right into it and got hives from Wormit in Fife as they lived nearby.
    Sorry that you are still under the weather Greenbee - you'll have to take it easy and recover your health.
    Got the sheep spotted on & the cat as he's picking up ticks at the moment too. Managed to get a bit of wood sawn up between showers. 
    Did a bit of listing on the bay as I am still unearthing clutter from boxes I'd packed away in the caravan. It's okay if it's china or metal but the moths and mice have had a field day in there - pretty grotty really. Can't believe we lived in there for all the time we did. Wasp's nest in the cupboard next to the stove - nature does take over - which is somehow reasurring.

• DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    32.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your kind words all. Yes, I am a twit! Better this morning, but still blurred, runny nose etc
    Can't see baby till I can see to get up the M5 and back, but nothing immediate was planned. Probably next week. Sad that it can't be Twinkle and Swamp Boy seems to be falling omn deaf ears too!
    Sponsoring The Warning in 2020
    469fc3ds43h3.jpg
    Clapton, Hendrix, Page, Santana.....err... Kanami Tono?
  • edited 12 July at 8:18AM
    RASRAS Forumite
    28.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12 July at 8:18AM
    Glad things are looking better this morning, Dave. Do take care. The tears will help it heal even if they feel like a nuisance. 

Greenbee,are they summer or autumn raspberries?

The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • greenbeegreenbee Forumite
    14.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Autumn ones @RAS - but starting to ripen and the birds are nicking them. I have summer ones but had neglected them so cut them down this year. Need to sort them out for next year. They’re all in raised beds about 1.5m x 0.5m with a trellis arch between the two (which has perennial peas and climbing beans up it!).
  • Ted_HeadTed_Head Forumite
    863 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Dave - glad that the eye is improving but you need to keep on with moisture drops to help it heal. If it is running it needs looking at. If your nose is running I would get back in touch with the optician who will be able to access your xrays/photos of your eye. You really have to watch this - no pun intended as if you've scratched the eye ball it can open up even when nearly healed. This is what happened to me weeks afterwards -  keeping the eye moist is crucial. It  looked like I was going to need a corneal graft as it kept flaring back up.
    Good the hen is just a big lass lady hen. 

Still no eggs for us which is rather annoying.
    Low cloud and very dreich here. Managed to haul a sizeable willow branch out of the burn without falling in - very midgied but perservered - I have some sort of masochistic tendencies when it comes to firewood.