Daydream fund challenge part 4

edited 4 October 2014 at 12:24PM in Greenfingered MoneySaving
10.5K replies 820.7K views

Replies

• Ted_HeadTed_Head Forumite
    875 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone seems busy. It's rained none stop today & the front garden is a bog - poor kale lying on it's side & things not growing. I put a sprinkle of blood & bone meal on but it's just been washed off probably.
    It went really cold tonight so lit the stove which has the added bonus of burning all the paperwork that needs burning. Even the cat is not venturing far.  Got two eggs today so maybe they will all come on the lay soon - not before time. 1/2 light sort of day which makes you want to sleep ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    875 posts
    ✭✭✭
    Will you make honey RAS?
    Funny blight weather - just non stop rain. It seemed really cool this morning - like Autumn but just shut  the hens up and it's gone all balmy & thundery feel to it. 

There's a fisheries protection vessel up the Loch been there a couple of days - all lit up - wonder what it's up to.
    Bought a new coal hod today - my, they are rubbish - as thin as tin foil. The other one is about two years old and has almost rotted through on the base - whinge, moan, mutter..........tight wad, mutterings..............

• DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    32.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now, about that cockerel.....

The girls are just over 8 weeks old now. :) 
    Sponsoring The Warning in 2020
    469fc3ds43h3.jpg
    Clapton, Hendrix, Page, Santana.....err... Kanami Tono?
  • RASRAS Forumite
    28.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dave, I came here to ask about them and...
    Really glad you've just got a big girl. 

You mentioned you might be hatching more breeds, is that on hold until next year now?

Are you managing to reduce your nursery stock? 

We're down to 4 hives now and all new queens, which isn't good for honey production this year but bodes well for next year.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    32.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK.... we have 3 healthy Rhode Island Reds and one weakling who will need assessment come lunchtime. It's making progress and a lot of noise, but that doesn't mean it will make it. Pics to follow.
    Sponsoring The Warning in 2020
    469fc3ds43h3.jpg
    Clapton, Hendrix, Page, Santana.....err... Kanami Tono?
    875 posts
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Dave - sounds ominous. Is it a new hatch? I found that ones that take an age to get out of the shell were not up to the mark and usually struggled. Hope that it's resolved one way or t'other. Clinging on for a few days is often depressing and delays the inevitable.

Yesterday was all low cloud and murk today was hot as hell  - and a day for chips:

This evening it's so midgied you turn black on exposed flesh - they are swarming. I had to go up the hill to check the water as we just seem to have a trickle. I came down it pretty sharpish.`The pipe was fine.  The driver from the quarry hadn't been down here for a while and said he didn't remember there being any trees - there wasn't any down the track. Quite shocking how they've grown - my babies are all growed up

He reversed down. Well, good not to see the road especially as it's as busy as Hell again. I miss the quiet of lock down but I shouldn't really say so as I fear it will be back.