Working towards being debt free and a new house.

Options

Comments

• dipdap
    dipdap Posts: 6,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey DB :wave:
    I assume this will be the case too (from what I've read my CC provider is one of very few who stipulate the transfer needs to be from my name). When I look on my account the BT page never asks for a name (although it states the card should be in my name) I read the paperwork and it also said the card needs to be in my name so thought I'd give it a bash (don't shoot don't score :D ). I'm hoping I can play dumb as the card coming will have my name on it :D
    I still intend to slash DH debt down by as much as we can, same plan as before :) if the remainder can be BTd even better (I have till December to take up the promotional rate and DH offer ends in December too so the window is quite a big one :)

Thanx for taking the time to reply and giving me a heads up though Hun :)
    Historic Debt August 2009 = £63,600 10th March 2017 = £0 100% paid all gone!
    Mortgage started June 2015 = £170,000 January 2022 = £134,000
    Saving for Xmas 2022= . . Amazon £55
    If you focus on what you have left behind, you won't see what lies ahead - Gusteau
  • dipdap
    Options
    Evening diary :)
    Not had too bad a day today, spent out a little extra on a treat for the kids but it was too good a bargain to pass up :j

£2.03 on bread and fruit
    £3.94 on ciggys
    £10.00 on some computer games for the kids :)
    £12.00 on paint

Total spend today = £27.97

Not too bad really, the paint is needed so I can carry on sorting the house and the games, although they've cost me a tenner, are a treat for the kids, who will in turn give me a handful of old ones they no longer want that I can trade in towards their Christmas pressie :money:
    If you focus on what you have left behind, you won't see what lies ahead - Gusteau
  • dipdap
    Options
    Morning diary :)
    I think I'm flagging a bit today, I could so easily go out and spend money to make me feel better right now :o but sitting thinking about it I know it would make me feel worse :)
    I had a genius moment last night for the kids big Christmas pressie (they want a wii u between them) and I'm currently sitting pricing up the trade in value of some of their old computer games. I think I need to hit about £250 in trade in to pick them up a brand new console bundle from one of the big hig street chains, I'm currently at about £15 :rotfl:
    I'll be over the moon if I can get their pressie this way, will mean more spare cash for paying off the CC :j
  • dipdap
    Options
    Evening diary :)
    My mood lifted a bit this afternoon, had to go shopping for a new school coat for one of the kids (hadn't realised they'd been going in in the wrong colour and got into trouble :eek: :o )
    That'll teach me to read the uniform policy properly and buy a coat in the sales :o

£17.10 on a coat (i had some vouchers :D )
    £4.40 on food (bread and various sandwich bits)
    £2.00 on school dinners
    £1.90 on eating out

I'm ready for bed, goodnight! :)
  • dipdap
    edited 18 October 2014 at 9:57PM
    Options
    Hello diary :)
    Been on a bit of a downer today, think things are getting on top of me :(

£13.00 on dance
    £7.54 on food (bread, milk, cake bars, cereal)
    £3.94 on ciggys

Total spend for the day = £24.48
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    chin up dipdap

you will have ups and downs but keep up the good work, you are doing so well

DB
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • dipdap
    Options
    Thanx Hun :)
    For some reason it makes me feel a bit better to post here (even if it's only the odd comment) and know that most people I know won't read it.
    It may be a big long rant, or a small comment but it don't half lift a weight off my shoulders sometimes :)

I've been kicking myself today (and for a few days) for stuff that happened years ago. I really wish that LBM would have come years earlier, it's making me sick thinking about how much money we paid in interest to various company's over the years (the ones we thought we're helping us). I really should have made more of an effort to sort it out but I remember having a conversation with at least one credit card company where I was trying to halt interest or reduce the rate, needless to say nothing changed as the companies made me feel stupid and guilty.
    But I've sat and read a few diaries and have realised were only human and the mistakes make us who we are.
    Once were debt free hopefully we won't make those mistakes again :j

There, I feel better again :)
    It doesn't seem such a big thing now it's written down compared to how it was whizzing around my head :o
    I think I'll put pen to paper in the morning and work out my spending figures for the second week :)

Goodnight diary, tomorrow is a new day and hopefully it brings sunshine (as it's cheaper than running my tumble dryer!)
  • dipdap
    Options
    Good morning diary :)
    It's a toss up today between carrying on painting the house (it's beginning to get tedious now!) or taking the kids out to play after lunch (I've been invited out by a family member).
    Painting the house would be more mse as it won't cost me any extra money. Decisions, decisions.... :)
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    dipdap wrote: »
    Good morning diary :)
    It's a toss up today between carrying on painting the house (it's beginning to get tedious now!) or taking the kids out to play after lunch (I've been invited out by a family member).
    Painting the house would be more mse as it won't cost me any extra money. Decisions, decisions.... :)

Hey dipdap,

Hope you get to the right decision.......remember all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy!

Make sure you get the right spend/save balance or you will lose your motivation. A day out with the kiddies create memories that will last much longer than your debt and it hasn't always got to be about spending money. Some of the other boards give good ideas for entertaining the kiddies for next to no cost. (parks/feeding ducks/picnic/bicycle rides etc)

There's no right or wrong answer for your decision so have a good day whichever option you choose ;)

DB
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • dipdap
    Options
    Hey DB :)
    I've thrown myself into the diy this morning and will see what my family has planned for this afternoon. I may yet take the kids out, as usual I haven't told them about it so they won't be disappointed if we don't go :)
    I do love entertainment at little cost, we went to the lake and fed the ducks yesterday after school :D a whole loaf of bread had cost me 10p in the supermarket (I always buy one for us and one for the ducks when it's that cheap :) ) and the kids love feeding them :j

Better get back to the drilling and filling :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback