Working towards being debt free and a new house.

Options

Comments

• dipdap
    dipdap Posts: 6,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello diary!
    Well I've been a bit naughty and neglected you for a couple of weeks :o
    We're still slowly settling in :) still have a couple of debts to bust (new carpets are expensive!) so my debt busting diary shall carry on for some time yet :)
    I'll be back at some point later in the week with a whole new set of figures :)
    Historic Debt August 2009 = £63,600 10th March 2017 = £0 100% paid all gone!
    Mortgage started June 2015 = £170,000 January 2022 = £134,000
    Saving for Xmas 2022= . . Amazon £55
    If you focus on what you have left behind, you won't see what lies ahead - Gusteau
  • dipdap
    Options
    Hello diary :)
    I'm still kicking around, just still not had a chance to proper check in :o
    Carpets are finally going down next week :j bad news is they're costing us nearly 4 grand! :mad:
    That's for the entire house with some nice posh snazzy flooring for the downstairs (which we could never afford before or would have dreamt of putting in our old house!)
    Need to get this debt busting ball rolling again from next month. It looks like there's gonna be a few grand on a couple of credit cards to clear :eek:
    Debt free by Christmas, we can do it :j
    If you focus on what you have left behind, you won't see what lies ahead - Gusteau
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    dipdap wrote: »
    I'm still kicking around, just still not had a chance to proper check in :o

Guessed you would be busy busy busy - it's always a little manic for the first few weeks but I'm sure it's all coming together for you.

Virtual house warming celebration :beer:
    Carpets are finally going down next week :j bad news is they're costing us nearly 4 grand! :mad:
    That's for the entire house with some nice posh snazzy flooring for the downstairs (which we could never afford before or would have dreamt of putting in our old house!)

Ouch!!!
    Need to get this debt busting ball rolling again from next month. It looks like there's gonna be a few grand on a couple of credit cards to clear :eek:
    Debt free by Christmas, we can do it :j

Rooting for you all the way :T
    How nice would it be to start 2016 debt free ;)

DB
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • dipdap
    Options
    Good morning diary :)
    I've had a new LBM this morning :o although it's not theworlds biggest one, it's still a wake up call.
    We need to clear the help to buy element of our house in under 5 years :eek: or we start earning interest.
    I suppose it's a good thing to realise when there's 4 years and 11 months to go :D
    I'm gonna need a whole new set of targets, starting with sticking to debt clearing by the end of 2015 :j
  • dipdap
    edited 14 July 2015 at 12:19AM
    Options
    Debts for the end of June

£8,755 loan 1
    [STRIKE]£0 loan 2[/STRIKE] gone :j
    £851 CC 1 balance is now paid off every month so no interest is accrued :j
    [STRIKE]£0 CC 2[/STRIKE] gone :j
    £3,094 CC 3 0% BT until March next year
    £0 CC 4

Total outstanding £12,700

It's actually a lot lower now as we've paid a massive chunk off the remaining loan which should be gone within a month or 2 :j
  • dipdap
    Options
    Just a quick visit from me.
    Not being very mse at the moment, seem to be spending way to much money and not keeping track of everything very well :(
  • dipdap
    Options
    Just worked out how much debt we still have outstanding :eek:
    Looks like we still have about £4k to clear :(
    Good news is all the old debt from before we moved is virtually gone (give or take a few hundred quid)
    Now to stop the kids from spending all my money :rotfl:
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    dipdap wrote: »
    Just worked out how much debt we still have outstanding :eek:
    Looks like we still have about £4k to clear :(

Hey dipdap,

That's a massive achievement - well done :T

You will soon have that gone :T

keep at it :T :T :T :T :T

DB
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • dipdap
    Options
    Hey DB, thanx :)
    Looks like it could be about £6k (calculations may be going a bit haywire!) but we won't know until we've paid out for the flooring.
    I managed to get nearly everything on my list done :eek: only thing I didn't manage was to earn more SB but I'm still on course for doing £50 a month which is a pretty good amount :)
  • dipdap
    edited 24 July 2015 at 1:37PM
    Options
    Woohoo, new page, new list (and it's one that doesn't involve moving!)

- Get debts below £4k

- Earn more SB

- Start learning German again

- Buy new furniture (we've got £150 in gift vouchers towards this)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback