Options

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Your nails sound pretty nillionaire.

I have a uu

Andrew Barton SOS Help Me Leave in Conditioner - WMBA, DD used this after swimming, it helped a bit but not much with the detangling.

In all honesty I do not care about the Benefit advent calendar - progress.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Sundaysgirl
    Sundaysgirl Posts: 1,096 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm a bit meh about the Benefit calendar too, not a huge fan of their range. I am, however, lusting after the Selfridges and Liberty ones - but at £85 and £149 apiece I am trying very hard to resist! Have any of you ladies ever had these ones?

Reporting my weekly Sanctuary body butter UU:

12/252. Sanctuary Mande Lular Body Souffle 100ml - WDBA but still no need!

Finally starting to see some progress with the bathroom this week - despite lots of stress! - and it should look a-mazing once done. So looking forward to a long pamper session!
    MFW 2017 #123 2018: £1,852.64/£39,200 (4.7%)
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm a bit meh about the Benefit calendar too, not a huge fan of their range. I am, however, lusting after the Selfridges and Liberty ones - but at £85 and £149 apiece I am trying very hard to resist! Have any of you ladies ever had these ones?

No. I haven't looked at them properly either to be fair. I think I'd only buy one if there were enough products in there that would come near to the price of it IYKWIM. ie I think the Benefit one is too expensive because I only really repurchase a few of their products now - love Lemon Aid, Erase Paste and Dallas powder. a) none of these items are included and b) the items that are included in mini size are items that they tend to give these away as mag freebies so I'd rather hang on and buy them with mags.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have had a huge change in mindset regarding things like advent calendars, gwp's and sets of toiletries too, seem to have got it out of my system and now prefer to spend the money on a day out, with coffee and cake and a nice lunch, or a night or two away somewhere. I think that I will always like to try new things, but for the considerable future I have plenty of unused/untried things in my stash, so am happy shopping from there.

I am trying to apply the same principle to my huge larder stash too, and the freezer needs emptying to be defrosted. I will never be minimalist in anything I do:eek::eek:
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • pirateyqueen
    Options
    A couple of UU's and some needed IN's.

UU's
    • Imperial Leather Bath Foam
    • Batiste Dry shampoo

IN's
    • Sanex Bath foam (to replace UU)
    • Batiste dry shampoo (to replace UU)
    • Vaseline Cocoa Spray on moisturiser (to replace my gym body moisturiser that I finished about a week ago)
    • Aveeno Body moisturiser (hands up, this goes in the stash, but I've heard it's good for eczema and my "at home" body lotion will run out soon(ish, maybe!)
    No more goo hoarding!

2018 UU: 9 IN: 1 TA: 0 Total: 58/67
    2017 UU: 50 IN: 16 TA: 2 Total: 42/78 2016 UU: 53 IN: 17 TA: 0 Total: 36/72
    2015 UU: 74 IN: 43 TA: 3 Total: 32/64
    2014 UU: 114 IN: 67 TA: 7 Total: 38/92
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    afternoon all
    a UU bottle of conditioner that has been knocking around forever, the bottle is morrys own but i won a load of little tubes of the really good conditioner that comes with hair dye, and in an attempt to make my stash smaller id squeezed them all into the bottle. hair has a result is in really good condition (excuse the pun)
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Went out to ASDA at lunch time and they do not seem to sell any nail polish removers with acetone in! They had about four varieties of Sally Hanson but they all seemed kind in some way or other! What is the World coming to?

RE: the L'Occitane free gift I have had a result. I emailed them letting them know that I had given them the incorrect email for MrM and they have re-sent it! Am now hoping I'll still be able to pick up the freebie and am trying to talk MrM into going to the Trafford Centre tomorrow night for tea as well.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you have a chemist near to you they should sell Acetone in small bottles, I hesitated to suggest using it neat as it is so drying, some manage with it fine though. You can, however, decant a little AF remover into something and add a slurp of pure Acetone. I always keep some in the cupboard for cleaning necks of bottles if they have gummed up, or for re-cycling OPI Pro-wide brushes to use in NP that I hate the brushes too. If PW brush cap doesn't fit other bottle I just leave a little Acetone in old OPI bottle and store brush in there until needed again. :D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • aintshesweet
    Options
    UU : Givenchy Ysatis - WNBA - although I really liked it, I got bored of it quickly. I've got other, much nicer, perfumes to use now.
  • nilequeen
    nilequeen Posts: 154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Babafette wrote: »
    Welcome aintshesweet and FLA27 and sending Willowbee get well wishes. :)

I've been very busy the last few weeks so I've been slacking again on the pampering front I'm afraid, but I have managed to put together my latest Project Pan list below:

7c9a4027-2298-4159-9b2f-1ad43cd60d11_zps5893cfc8.jpg

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor 250ml
    Kadus Imunal Sebo Control Shampoo 250ml
    Timotei Pure Shampoo 250ml
    Sanctuary Spa Deep Cleansing Wipes x 25
    Salon Selectives Enhancing Conditioner sachet 12ml
    Oil of Ulay (ancient!!) Moisturising Body Wash sachet 10ml
    Boots Natural Collection Rosemary and Witch Hazel Face Mask 10ml
    Nivea Hand Essential Moisturising Lotion 3ml
    Olay Total Effects Intensive Overnight Treatment sachet 3ml
    Redken Oliance Extra-moisturizing Aminoleic Shampoo sachet 8ml

I've used up a couple of bits already which I'll post about shortly but I've got an early start tomorrow so I need to go to bed. I'm not feeling too great at the moment as I seem to be having a bad hair month and my rosacea has flared up again recently probably due to stress and the weather. :(

I am also very tempted by the Yankee Candle owl now too so would be grateful for a heads up if it goes on sale again please. :)

Hi
    I saw the Yankee candle owl in Jd Williams catalogue so would buy from there, qvc is a rip off and i am looking for places where I can buy the same lines but reduced, any ideas?
    Does anyone know where i can get Ultrasun but a good bargain like the ones on Qvc but not from there?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure