No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries October 2014

Options

Comments

• maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    2 IN's for me Mitchum 24hour solid AP/Deo 2 for £4, currently have 1 in overnight bag and 1 in bathroom, so not a stockpile:D

VALM
    Try cutting cotton pads to fit nails, soak in Acetone remover, put pad on nail and wrap tightly in small piece of kitchen foil. Find comfortable chair, and if possible place feet on hot water bottle or pad and cover with blanket or thick towel and wait for about 20 minutes, if polish does not lift up easily re-wet if necessary and leave for another 10 minutes, repeating ........until done:):)

If you cream your feet well first, you can kill two birds .......
    HTH MM
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »
    2 IN's for me Mitchum 24hour solid AP/Deo 2 for £4, currently have 1 in overnight bag and 1 in bathroom, so not a stockpile:D

VALM
    Try cutting cotton pads to fit nails, soak in Acetone remover, put pad on nail and wrap tightly in small piece of kitchen foil. Find comfortable chair, and if possible place feet on hot water bottle or pad and cover with blanket or thick towel and wait for about 20 minutes, if polish does not lift up easily re-wet if necessary and leave for another 10 minutes, repeating ........until done:):)

If you cream your feet well first, you can kill two birds .......
    HTH MM

Thank you maddiemay and everyone else for their recommendations. It seems that acetone nail polish remover is the way to go. Will go and get some tomorrow lunch. I suppose I can get any cheap one as long as it's full of acetone.

I did suggest to MrM that I get an appointment to go back to the salon and have them remove it and replace it with normal polish but he didn't see that as a favourable solution!! :rotfl:
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • nillionaire
    Options
    Lots of using up going on in our household !

1 loreal fibrology shampoo
    1 loreal fibroligy conditioner WBA for both if on offer and need them
    1 original source raspberry and cocoa shower gel (amazing WBA)
    1 L'oreal velvet toner, not sure if WBA was a bit meh (cleanser is also on the way out!)
    1 benefit they're real mascara WBA it's a HG for me

There's lots of action with many other products :) painted my nails the other day mint green with white dots and pink roses, a bit cath kidston ish. Also been wearing lipstick everyday especially the bold colours loving a bold lip for autumn! :D

Also in the interest of money saving, I opened a new savings account today! :D closed my old one because had to use all my savings for the big move I've just had but finally got finances looking healthy again :D super pleased :)
    Frugal Student!!!
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    slightly off topic but may help some on here as lots of your sigs still look like swearfests.

if you go inot user cp, click on edit sig. but do not alter anything then click save, after that your sig will reappear in its full former glory. ChrissyG pointed this out on another thread i use.

need to buy some soap and or showergel but its not for me so wont count.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • hieveryone
    hieveryone Posts: 3,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    A couple of ins which were needed:

Boots Coconut Shampoo x 2 (as on offer 2 for £2)

48 products in stash.

Bought is to buy. Brought is to bring.
  • poppy_f1
    poppy_f1 Posts: 2,637 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    octobers glossy box has arrived so ins are:
    nuxe creme fraiche mask
    etre belle liplift
    so susan mascara
    ciante nail varnish ditch the heels
    yves rocher perfume
    rimmel bb cream
  • FLA27
    FLA27 Posts: 301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    slightly off topic but may help some on here as lots of your sigs still look like swearfests.

if you go inot user cp, click on edit sig. but do not alter anything then click save, after that your sig will reappear in its full former glory. ChrissyG pointed this out on another thread i use.

need to buy some soap and or showergel but its not for me so wont count.

My sig looks ok when i'm viewing when signed in but when I look at the site on a device which isn't signed in, I have exclamation marks!!!!

Will try to fix.

I am pleased with myself today. I hesitated outside the Body Shop attracted by the Sale signs. I didn't go in though. Resisted.

I have used up the last of my face oils in rollerball bottles so I can start on solid oil in a little pot that I need to use. I've also finished my Balance Me moisturiser and started on my preferred Liz Earle.
  • trudij
    trudij Posts: 1,905 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mostly appearing to declare that I'm going to try flipping hard to have an in of the benefit advent calendar when IT goes on sale tomorrow....

Hope everyone is well
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup
  • MoonJelly
    Options
    UU Aldi Lacura face moisturiser. WBA but I need to finish other creams first.
    ..............................................................................
    NW: [STRIKE]£5014.49[/STRIKE]/£4000/£745
    BC: £4308/£2500
    Loan: Co-op: [STRIKE]£3777.23[/STRIKE] /
    [STRIKE]£3387.23[/STRIKE]
    £2900/PAID
    Challenge: debt-free by Christmas 2017
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    trudij wrote: »
    Mostly appearing to declare that I'm going to try flipping hard to have an in of the benefit advent calendar when IT goes on sale tomorrow....

Hope everyone is well

Not looking, not looking. Is it on feelunique.com though??

Have another UU : 500ml bottle of Soap & Glory Sugar Crush shower gel. Probably won't buy again. I love the Sugar Crush body scrub for its zestiness but this shower gel version smelt synthetic and the fragrance did not linger on my skin like the scrub does. My prefereable zesty shower gel is L'occitane Verbena. Do have an Elemis Lime and Ginger on the go at the moment though so won't be looking to purchase any more shower gel anytime soon. Saying that I have four soaps/shower gels on the go! Have Snowflake soap by Lush (sweet fragrance), L'Occitane Amber & Santal (warm fragrance) and Philosophy Pumpkin Pie (also warm). All of them have loads of product in them so won't be declaring any more shower gel UUs for a while.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family