Changing for good...a new start!

Options

Comments

• DebtFree2012
    DebtFree2012 Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Options
    Happy new year BB

What a beautiful pic and as LAM says, not so little now!

Good luck for 2015 :)
    Debt - CCV £3792
    CCB £1383 (took a hit for a holiday)

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • Baldybear
    Baldybear Posts: 1,657 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good morning :)

Back to work, got up ok this morning was a struggle lol but made it. Seems like holidays a long way away, oh how quickly it goes back to normal :cool:

Mfmaybe - it is a struggle keeping the white bits white, especially as she loves a good roll, and uses poo as a pillow quite often :rotfl:

£5.43 withdrawn from paypal from weekends ebay sales, have sent straight to savings a/c so first bit of savings of the mark.

Have decided to get the savings up to full target first and then do half and half to debt and holiday funds after. My Bcard is still 0% till feb 2017 so plenty of time to pay it off, still paying min payment so it is going down. I do need the insurance for payments this year somehow anyway so it makes sense to do it this way.
  • Baldybear
    Options

Car tax reminder landed last night, paid this morning, all out of saving :) Now to keep saving to hit the rest of the target for the year.

Apart from above another NSD, managed to hit 18 in December so super pleased with that. Dinner from freezer, made lunch to bring in today, am scarily organised for a change, prob wont last long!
  • Baldybear
    Options

So an overspend on budget this month it would seem :( So I need £10 to give to yard owner from when she did hossie last week, have ordered a load of winter hay so need £15 for this (cheaper than getting from yard as double that price). Also my hoss trainer has badgered me into a training session before payday, she wanted 2 but really cant afford 1 so did a compromise so £25 to find.

So sister owes me £20, so need to find £30 to fund the above. Looking at budget can find £5 so £25 to come out of nowhere. Now my "budget" this month was £1424 and in my current a/c was £1537 (this includes overdraft). So if I was under budget would be able to knock £113 off my overdraft figure (as per signature), planning on doing this each month to get to not using the OD at all. So I do have money albeit not mine. I need to get fuel, have budgeted £60, with dropping fuel prices hopefully wont need that much but I dont know yet. So I will have to take out the £25 from this £113 figure which isnt great, but still means my OD will be reduced this month, just not as much as planned.

The winter hay should last for ages and hopefully that will be it this year. I do need to get some more bedding and other hay etc this weekend but already have a separate budget for this.

I have bought stuff for work, milk etc but this will be paid back on expenses next month so cash neutral.

Got some meat out of the freezer last night, defrosted and whacked in the slow cooker this morning, smelt a wee bit funny but hopefully be ok for later, fingers crossed, once slow cooked for 12 hrs should be good. If it is will be 3 meals, one to eat tonight and 2 to freeze :)
  • Baldybear
    Options
    Small signature update - keeps me motivated and know I am going in the right direction :D
  • Baldybear
    Options
    £5 nectar points received from survey site, will help with food shopping next month.

If I receive vouchers and stuff like above going to see if I can deduct from my budget and pay the hard cash equivalent to one of my goals. Will see if I can make this work. Will do the nectar points next month.
  • Baldybear
    Options
    Afternoon ramblings/thoughts :rotfl:

So definitely going to use my vouchers earned as above, already highlighted the £5 in next months budget :)

So worked out dont pay council tax and water rates in feb and march - this can go straight to my savings target. This will be £294, so new target to reach is £285, already got that £5 from ebay, looks a lot more realistic this way. :)

Reading on another thread somebody had upped their standing order to pay of their 0% card before 0% period ends up. Had a look, mine ends Feb 2016 so I have 13 months. If I take total divide by 13 I would need to pay £409 a month :eek: I just dont have that sort of money :( I pay rough minimum of £120 a month, I can keep to that so I need to find an extra £289 a month on top to make sure pay of before interest hits. :cool: Hopefully if all goes pear shaped I should be able to do another 0% balance transfer but really dont want to be doing that. So eek loads of money to find.

I still want to reduce overdraft (at least a work in progress) and still go on holiday :rotfl: Yep I'm nuts but hey watch this space.
  • Baldybear
    Options
    Good morning, creeping ever closer to that weekend :)

Crappy day with weather and so dark this morning, I am not a winter person :cool: roll on summer.

So withdrawn some more survey money this morning but takes a few weeks to hit account so not counting it just yet.

Meat was ok last night, lovely stew last night and a couple of meals in the freezer :)

NSD today and dinner out of the freezer again, so boring but it works.
  • DebtFree2012
    DebtFree2012 Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Options
    Needs must BB - I am in the same boat. Trying to make something at the weekend now to bring in to work.
    Debt - CCV £3792
    CCB £1383 (took a hit for a holiday)

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • Baldybear
    Options

DD of min payment out of my account this am to Sains CC, have cancelled and hopefully stopped the payment as not needed as balance is 0, its only £8 but annoying if I have to ring and get it back. DD cancelled now tho and will only use the card when getting extra points so will pay back straight away anyhow so DD no longer needed. Just need to make sure am on top of it all.

£10 gift card for Sains landed last night from survey site so that can be put towards payday food, hopefully another £10 of budget money to the savings. So far have £15 vouchers/points and a £12 of spend £60 voucher. Will need complete top up of freezer and fresh plus some store cupboard bits so hopefully be under budget then can put more to savings.

Nothing very exciting planned for the weekend, friend round tonight for catch up, getting hoss feed and must fix my electric fence, yawn!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure