Changing for good...a new start!

Options

Comments

• Baldybear
    Baldybear Posts: 1,657 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Creeps in, so I got myself organised last night I did the grocery shopping for christmas early, veg is frozen bits, turkey ordered and paid for and last presents brought. Everything all up to date :) Bad thing did it early before payday so I put it on my CC, it now stands at £398 :( Oh dear.

So next months grocery bill will be pretty minimal as away over some time over xmas and new year, staying with family so no real expense. My freezer and store cupboards are rammed so january will be a frugal month spend wise. I have budgeted some amount of december salary for xmas dinner so can send this straight to the CC.

I will update my signature now to show horrible totals as visual helps :)

I will end 2014 with only my Bcard and sofa outstanding and have savings for the car next year. It will be tough with xmas bonus and strict budgeting for dec payday but I will do it.

2015 is going to be a new resolve, I need to get some savings into plan somehow in my budget, I need to get rid of the Bcard and sofa and I need to make sure my budgeting is bang on and no more overspends. Any unexpected expenses, which I am sure there will be a few, sigh, will have to be dealt with somehow.

I cant keep going round like this in circles anymore, its boring and preventing me from achieving ultimate goals.

Big kick up the butt kick from myself to myself done and listened too :D
  • Baldybear
    Options
    So after the last few days of crapness a few better days. Yesterday and today both NSD :) Spendy tomorrow, need to get fuel, its my works xmas do, meal paid for, staying overnight, already paid for so just probably a taxi fee, £10 or so. Nothing else planned spendy over the weekend.

£15 received from my auntie for xmas, be nice to put it towards something nice but to be honest dont really need anything so am going to be boring and put it towards the debt :) All helps in long term.

Had an argument with energy supplier earlier re my electricity account. Pay £35 a month, usage last month as last few months approx is around £30. Am currently in credit by £43. Want to withdraw credit and put DD down but thats another story so will fight with them with this after winter period. Anyhow got my bill after my meter readings, due to their system thinking of my usage they want to put my DD up to £56 :eek: Not impressed considering the above :mad: Finally spoke to someone with sense and they will reinstate my DD as £35. Keeping a close eye to make sure jan's payment is £35 and not £56. So come springtime will have a credit on electricity and gas so can argue my case to get my money refunded. Always a battle, sigh :cool:
  • Baldybear
    Options
    Good morning :)

Bought fuel yesterday so didnt have to run around today, cash out as well, maybe taxi later but money already to hand.

Electricity supplier e-mailed me confirming correct DD figure in place so one less thing to sort :)

Payslip landed last night so have worked out Xmas bonus, although not paid till next week.

My Sains CC currently stands at £398, paid £15 from auntie today, have £9 in survey money due to land shortly, £70 expenses (hopefully paid before xmas) so takes total to £304.

My Bonus is £782 :D Stupid tax takes loads of but least a decent figure so workings out:-

£304 for Sains CC
    £110 for Car Tax

Leaves me with £368.

Still waiting for confirmation of vet bill, hoping its less than £200 so will leave me £168 to put aside for car mot and service, pleased with that. Just need to get that vet bill and see exact figures :)

Will then be set up for new year to clear my Bcard, get rid of my overdraft and hopefully clear my sofa too :)
  • Baldybear
    Options

Last week at work, counting down the hours then lovely break until 5th Jan :D

£6 landed from survey money so sent straight to the CC.

So xmas do on friday, speaking to boss there said I had booked hotel, he said because I had done and hadnt assumed to claim back and was pleased staying down there (another fellow drinking mate for him later :rotfl:) he said I could claim back on expenses :T

So put in my expenses today, £134 so takes my CC down to only £242 to pay out of my Xmas bonus. They said should get paid before xmas so fingers crossed. So pleased as means more to put aside for car expenses next year :j

Saturday and sunday didnt spend a penny, wrapped up all my xmas pressies, tidied a bit more of the house.

Sunday had hossie trainer, already paid for then we had a yard fun pony day in the afternoon, lots of silly games with the hossies, obstacle courses and the like, all dressed up in the festive spirit. My hossie was very well behaved so pleased, my friend took a lovely photo so will share on here :)

PhiampMe14-12-14_zps5b5dc7d7.jpg
  • Baldybear
    Options
    mackyy02 wrote: »
    You tried something new!! Good for you! I’m always afraid I’ll mess up when I try new stuff. What made you decide to try something new? I’d like to get motivated. Maybe you have some ideas you can share.

Sorry maybe having a blonde moment, am confused re what I tried new?? :o

Any help that I can give will always try and share :)
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    You are being so positive keep it up :) you will get there xx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • Baldybear
    Options
    Good morning, payday :D Early so need to make it stretch for 5 weeks or so but got my bonus today :)

Have made the executive decision to pay of my Sains CC, done now 0, signature updated, 1 down 2 to go :)

Put rest of xmas bonus in a savings account, car tax is there and have £294 for vet bill and car mot/service. Still awaiting vet bill but have chased twice now so its in their court now so going to earn some interest while I can.

Expenses still to be paid but when these arrive as no sign of the vet bill yet am going to pay some of the Bcard, my next one to go. All money to this now.

Have achieved my goal of paying of Sains CC by Xmas, had to add extra lots on there but have managed to pay it all down.

Have paid of in total since started this diary is £759 :D Extra pleased with this so need to keep up the momentum. Need to keep budgeting better and hope there are no more unplanned spends so dont have to add to any debt again.

3 days left at work including today, cannot go fast enough have got this rotten cold/cough/chest infection that everyone seems to have come down with it and feel rubbish :( Hopefully better by xmas, most things ready so can relax come friday afternoon :)
  • Baldybear
    Options

Checked sains CC balance at 0 :D Says min payment due jan but hopefully this will be cancelled otherwise will be in credit lol, first time ever! Will use this card now but pay back as soon as spent. Will just use to make most of the nectar points etc.

Expenses have landed yay! Want to pay to Bcard but min payment due out in few days so will pay after that otherwise there stupid system messes it up and counteracts the min payment, have budgeted for this and want to overpay. Will mean after expenses and min payment Bcard will stand at £5194 so nearly at £5k, still a long way to go but much better than it was. In the meantime have chucked the money into a savings account, may earn a few pennies who knows watch this space.

Small top up shop yesterday, should be it now between now and new year :D Will have to do top up shop just before go back to work but got plenty in freezer/stores so going to try and make it last to next payday and be under budget and get the overdraft reduced more.
  • Baldybear
    Options
    Good morning world :) Last day at work, few hours left and then not back till 5 Jan :D

Have decided to keep my expenses in a savings account, hossie is due for teeth/injections in may and comparing to last years bill my expenses should cover this outright. Will need to find the funds somehow to pay anyhow so going to keep and use for this, hopefully earn me a few pence in interest too :)

Will get rid of the Bcard asap, want to get rid of by July, thats my target probably unachievable but hey like a challenge :) All extras to go to this so need to up my game, bring it on :D
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Oh, THIS is where you disappeared to!! Can't believe it's taken me so long to find you, have just been catching up :)

Re: the autumn colics - could it be mycotoxins in the grass? Several of my friends have had problems with their horses just being a bit 'off' stomach-wise in the autumn and it seems that this might be what's causing it. They've all seen improvements on something called Mycosorb, Progressive Earth on eBay sells it, £13.99 for 900g or £24.99 for 1.8kg, dose rate is 2-4grams per 100kg bodyweight a day (higher rate for 7-10 days, then drop to lower rate). Could be worth a try next autumn if it helps avoid a colic bill?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure