Finally taken delivery of my Lexus IS250 SE-L to replace my run about Yaris!

Options

Comments

• darkmatter101
    Options
    There is nothing I can do now to redeem my credibility except to provide useful and informative advice to other users with motoring queries
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    There is nothing I can do now to redeem my credibility except to provide useful and informative advice to other users with motoring queries

Yes, perhaps, do it constructively though :cool:
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options

Have you heard of the fable of The boy who cried wolf?
  • Johnnytwostep
    Options
    DUTR wrote: »
    I'm not sure why you keep harbouring on about the vehicle you have?
    It's not out of reach for many posters/readers here, whether they buy it outright or on credit.
    Any car owner will tell you, you don't get opposite gender (or the same for those that way inclined) throwing themselves at you for the car you drive. No one looks up to you, you get a car to get from A-B or a fancy car to reward yourself (if you feel that way) .

It is a measure of self esteem, or lack of that makes people exaggerate whatever it may be that they aspire to. Self-assured people do not have to do this as they know that having a big car is not really a measure of anything important.
  • JustinR1979
    Options
    BeenThroughItAll - Legend!

Why would you have a big expensive V6 as a runaround anyway?
  • force_ten
    force_ten Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have in fact advised many people not to buy 'flashy' cars, and have posted on several occasions how not to purchase cars on finance and to live within your [STRIKE]means[/STRIKE] DREAMS.

Corrected that for you :rotfl::rotfl:
  • topdaddy_2
    topdaddy_2 Posts: 1,408 Forumite
    Options
    I was gonna say something about a three series being the poor-er mans beemer but the one series has that title now. And this thread has gone off on a very funny tangent too. Also gt86...is that a performance car? With little skinny effcient tires to boot.
  • force_ten
    force_ten Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Look, I do have an M3, whether you believe me or not I do not mind. From now on I will not needlessly bring up my car if that makes everyone happy.

I bought it from Athena and it is on my bedroom wall next to tennis girl
  • Horizon81
    Horizon81 Posts: 1,594 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    !B8uLDTwEWk~$(KGrHqQOKj4Ezdey9Ov,BM34IlfcIQ~~_35.JPG

Padded cell?
  • Iceweasel
    Iceweasel Posts: 4,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    OH dear, not only is the OP trying miserably to show off, now the story is unravelling

Be honest, this is the car you have just bought,

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/used-cars/perodua/kelisa/used-perodua-kelisa-ezi-5dr-auto-chesterfield-fpa-201409127344023?logcode=p

A brilliant choice - 0 to 62mph in 17.2 seconds - lets burn some rubber, dude!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure