Finally taken delivery of my Lexus IS250 SE-L to replace my run about Yaris!

Options

Comments

• darkmatter101
    Options
    I hope other people join me in reporting his posts. His trollish comments in other threads about cars people should buy is worse than unhelpful, and it is against the principle of the site.

Not everyone wants or can afford a flashy car and boasting about your car, especially when it turns out to be lies, is just unpleasant.

In future, if anyone goes around giving unhelpful advice as a means of showing off, make sure you report them.

I have in fact advised many people not to buy 'flashy' cars, and have posted on several occasions how not to purchase cars on finance and to live within your means.
  • BeenThroughItAll
    Options
    I have in fact advised many people not to buy 'flashy' cars, and have posted on several occasions how not to purchase cars on finance and to live within your means.

I'll give you credit here, you've got some proper thick skin and cojones to keep defending yourself when you've been shown up so badly.
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    darkmatter - you'd get a lot more credit on this forum if you acknowledged the existence of the RWD GT86, which proved your 'no RWD Toyota' statement wrong.
    Anyway, that Lexus is lovely, especially for a 'runaround'! A £4,000 Yaris would also be great for a runaround! I don't know how much your M3 is worth but I know the E92s are down to around £20k, so your runaround may be very close to the value of your real car!
  • jbainbridge
    Options
    almillar wrote: »
    I don't know how much your M3 is worth but I know the E92s are down to around £20k, so your runaround may be very close to the value of your real car!

I had no idea he had an M3 ... lucky chap.
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You advised one chap looking for a new runabout to get an M3 when he was looking at a Focus. How does that fit?

No point defending it, you got caught out on the IS and only seem to parrot whatever has already been posted on here (like going to look at an F instead). That's fine, no-one cares, no point pretending.

Same with the M3. Maybe you have one, maybe you don't, good for you either way but we don't care. Suggesting other people getting one is bad advice, and constantly bringing it up is bad form.
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I had no idea he had an M3 ... lucky chap.

He kept that quiet - a real dark(matter) horse :rotfl:
  • darkmatter101
    Options
    darkmatter - you'd get a lot more credit on this forum if you acknowledged the existence of the RWD GT86, which proved your 'no RWD Toyota' statement wrong.
    Anyway, that Lexus is lovely, especially for a 'runaround'! A £4,000 Yaris would also be great for a runaround! I don't know how much your M3 is worth but I know the E92s are down to around £20k, so your runaround may be very close to the value of your real car!

I definitely do acknowledge the GT86 and have tremendous respect for that car. I was thinking about that car when I posted that statement but like I said before the GT86,Supra, GT-4WD celica are all a completely different kettle of fish and cannot be compared to standard Toyota cars.
  • Joe_Horner
    Joe_Horner Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    oldhand wrote: »
    Was going to inform you all about my taking delivery of a new car freshener this morning at a great saving but after reading this demolition job dont think I will bother..........:(

Is it this one?

url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=TbKzvZZGZboM8M&tbnid=8htY5ZeIFt0qqM:&ved=0CAgQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.caraselledirect.com%2F_%2Fcaraselle_magic_tree_forest_fresh_car_air_freshener_green.2264-1&ei=yiYcVP-XM6vn7Aamz4CIDg&psig=AFQjCNFpzjVfnwbG8kperpVC-qdFXjpXRA&ust=1411217482924121magic_tree_forest_fresh_windscreen.jpg

Because I've just phoned them and it's still on sale - in fact, I've booked an appointment to go sniff it on Monday. Will have to try and get full retail as trade-in for my current can of Febreze though!
  • BeenThroughItAll
    Options

His M3 is worth however many sweets he swapped for it in the playground, and his Lexus doesn't exist either.

Maybe the Yaris is real? Who knows.
  • darkmatter101
    Options
    darkmatter -
    but I know the E92s are down to around £20k, so your runaround may be very close to the value of your real car!

The higher mileage 2007 (when the E92 M3 first came out) M3's are down to 20k. They probably aren't in the best of conditions and owned by people who had them on finance without servicing them properly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure