PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Spendaholics programme

Options

Comments

• Murtle
    Murtle Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oooopsss looks like I just bid on a complete set on Ebay and won them!!! :D

Congratulations....

but....ow...no....not....more.....stuff!!!!!

:D Hope you enjoy reading them!!!
  • Curry_Queen
    Curry_Queen Posts: 5,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Murtle wrote:
    Congratulations....

but....ow...no....not....more.....stuff!!!!!

:D Hope you enjoy reading them!!!

But it's only four ickle books :o

I would love to follow the rule of "one in ... one out" that some of you use but when it comes to books ... NO WAY could I ever part with any ;)

I blame you lot for tempting me anyway, and the glasses of wine that I'd guzzled for even bidding in the first place :rotfl:

They do sound like a great read though and the sort of thing I'd enjoy, and I might ... I said might ... just put them back up for sale once I've read them to give someone else the opportunity :D
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• tom_and_barbara_good
    Options
    don't forget that you can sell them on amazon as well as ebay, and no photo needed, just don't read them in the bath!
    If I screw my eyes up tight I can just about see where you're coming from
  • kingfisher1961
    Options
    I listened to Martin on a commercial radio station the other week giving his usual good advice. As soon as he had finished the very next advert they ran was for one of those fee paying DMC's! Also I watched Spendaholics last night on BBC3 and whilst the young man had gone a long way to cutting down his budget and not living off his mum it didn't mention how he was doing about paying off his debts of £29,000.
  • Lucie_2
    Lucie_2 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would love to follow the rule of "one in ... one out" that some of you use but when it comes to books ... NO WAY could I ever part with any ;)

Do we need to set up our own MSE Old style book swop/lending scheme?

I would like to read all of the Helen Forresters again (got lime st @ 2 already) & have got loads of books just sat here waiting to borrowed by people.
  • VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oooopsss looks like I just bid on a complete set on Ebay and won them!!! :D

Sounds like the time when I won a MSE t-shirt on ebay. Mr-nearly-VickyA thought that I'd quite literally WON it and was really impressed with my competition prowess! I had to point out that I'd "won" it by donating money to charity................... :whistle:
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Did anyone see the programme last night.....27 year old bloke in debt to the tune of around £29k (i think). He was working 15 hours a week in a bar and sponging off his mother.

Got me so riled, his mother had given him the money and didn't seem that bothered about having it back, so how is that classed as debt??? In my eyes that was just a case of the mother trying to make up for a guilt trip she was having....at one stage she'd given him £3000 in one week!!!! :eek:

There are people out there in real debt who live from hand to mouth and have real troubles, last nights programme was just a joke, poor lad had to stop spending £150 on westwood shirts but was advised to go to a tailor and design his own shirt for £80....my heart bled for him :mad: ..what's wrong with ASDA £3 a time shirts.... I just wanted to slap him and the programme makers for a complete waste of an hour.

I'll climb off my soap box now!
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • debbym
    debbym Posts: 460 Forumite
    Options
    There is another one of these progs on the way from BBC2 - "How to pay off your mortgage in 2 years". From the write up I've seen it sounds like "Moneyspinners" on adrenalin...
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Options
    VickyA wrote:
    Sounds like the time when I won a MSE t-shirt on ebay. Mr-nearly-VickyA thought that I'd quite literally WON it and was really impressed with my competition prowess! I had to point out that I'd "won" it by donating money to charity................... :whistle:

OMG!! I had no idea MSE t-shirts were around!!! What does it look like? How much is it? Do I *really* need it? Can I get it cheaper????? Should I shop around?

I WANT ONE!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Queenie!!!! No more spending!!! Where's the spanking smilie when you need it.

I realised today that when I did my book clear out I disposed of my Helen Forrester books and really wanted to read them again after this thread.

I popped into my local Shopmobility who also have a shed load of books and picked up Twopence To Cross the Mersey and Liverpool Miss for 70p for the two :D
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family