Replacing my economical run about car??

Options

Comments

• Foxy-Stoat_3
    Options
    I'm out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Dream World" by The B Sharps....describes a lot of the posts in the Loans and Mortgage sections !!!
  • BeenThroughItAll
    Options
    I absolutely love that thrill of revving it to 8000 rpm, bullying my way past cars. I feel like a god, it's a huge thrill, roaring past cars, overtaking them, taking sharp turns fast and letting that V8 scream. Rarely, when I'm in my Yaris, I'd see a fast 330i/335i/M3/M5 coming up behind me at an astonishing rate, with its angry, aggressive infamous BMW grilles (occasionally the xeons eyes are on) flying past with that typical BMW aural note. I have seen this throughout my life with the E36/E46 M3's and I knew that I needed to be a part of this.
    Please do not distort what I said. I did not mean I'm angry and aggressive while driving my M3...

Seriously? You just don't see it do you? You really do think you're completely sane.

You said you like bullying, roaring past, etc. You said you saw other people (basically, driving like !!!!s) doing it, and you needed to be part of it.

Mate, you seriously need to grow the f??k up and stop talking like a 10 year old in the playground.
  • Mr_Mink
    Options
    bullying my way past cars. I feel like a god, it's a huge thrill, roaring past cars, overtaking them, taking sharp turns fast
    Please do not distort what I said. I did not mean I'm angry and aggressive while driving my M3

No need to distort what you said. You described yourself as an aggressive driver.
  • OddballJamie
    Options
    Mate, you seriously need to grow the f??k up and stop talking like a 10 year old in the playground.

I believe I have found a photo of Dark Matter's bedroom.

1338436428996_BedroomRedBMW-938x704.jpg
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm jealous.
  • darkmatter101
    Options
    Just to be clear to all the judgmental posts, I have NEVER been in a crash, I have a completely clean driving record, no points for speeding or any of that
  • OddballJamie
    Options
    Just to be clear to all the judgmental posts, I have NEVER been in a crash, I have a completely clean driving record, no points for speeding or any of that

Do they all happen in the rear-view mirror? ;)
  • JustinR1979
    Options
    To be fair I've had an M3 and M5, and the cars inspire such confidence you almost can't help but drive fast. In the car you're at about 10%, but as you're going so much faster than average runabouts you probably look like a hooligan from the outside.

As for running them everyday, in a way it seems a waste. My 30 mile round trip for work was spent sat in slow traffic, or watching the mpg.
    Who wants commuting to take more of a chunk of your pay than it has to, especially if you're sat at 40mph, any car can do that.
    Driving a Polo for work, then jumping in the M5 on a Friday night was great, makes you appreciate it more.
  • Iceweasel
    Iceweasel Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 16 September 2014 at 4:26PM
    Options
    To be fair I've had an M3 and M5, and the cars inspire such confidence you almost can't help but drive fast. In the car you're at about 10%, but as you're going so much faster than average runabouts you probably look like a hooligan from the outside.

That's a very good point - the cornering ability alone is beyond the comprehension of someone who has never been in a true performance car.

As for running them everyday, in a way it seems a waste. My 30 mile round trip for work was spent sat in slow traffic, or watching the mpg.
    Who wants commuting to take more of a chunk of your pay than it has to, especially if you're sat at 40mph, any car can do that.

Now that's about the running costs _ I can't see how it is money saving to have all the extra costs of a 2nd car only for driving to work, as opposed to a few more miles every day on the better car. Different if it's for carrying tools or dirty or awkward sized stuff of course.

Driving a Polo for work, then jumping in the M5 on a Friday night was great, makes you appreciate it more.

Perhaps - but I wouldn't want to spend any time in a Polo if I had an M3 sat at home.

As I alluded to in my earlier post, life's too short to drink cheap wine - or drive cars you don't really like.

I'm not advocating both at the same time of course i.e. drinking and driving - although the OP drinks coffee whilst driving I seems.

Cheers and happy motoring.
  • JustinR1979
    Options
    Iceweasel wrote: »
    Perhaps - but I wouldn't want to spend any time in a Polo if I had an M3 sat at home.

As I alluded to in my earlier post, life's too short to drink cheap wine - or drive cars you don't really like.

I know! But if you're poncing along in traffic at 40mph you can't enjoy any car much.
    Polo was a 1600, but SO slow, didn't matter what gear you used, just changed the engine noise level!
    Doesn't take much to save £20 a week, grand a year, soon covers tax and insurance on the daily - in my case was the gf's car she never used, so was just sat there anyway :)

A saying I once heard, about saving your nice car, went along the lines of not having sex with your beautiful mrs to save her for the next bloke; kind of right really.

In an ideal world you'd have a nice thirsty car and blast about every day.
    I know 10 years ago I had the M3, never took any notice of mpg, couldn't tell you what it did to the gallon. Today fuel takes such a chunk out your pocket.
    Say £40 a week just for work, that's £2.5k from your gross for a start, 10% for an average earner.
    £40 a week for fun yes, for work, no :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport