PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

October 2014 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• CountingPennies
    Options
    Well i've been away for the weekend and spent a fortune, including doing a big shop since getting back this evening and eating out far too much. Will dig receipts out tomorrow to update. Pretty annoyed with myself but never mind! These things happen, I just need to learn to make better choices which is why this forum helps me so much!

Hope everyone is well and has had a good weekend. And those who haven't been well hope u all feel better soon. Lots of bugs around at this time of year. Tummy bug wiped me out last week!

CP xx
    Slimming World Challenge 2017 0/30.5lb

Grocery challenge 2017 JAN: £5.56/£350
  • Faete
    Faete Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    £50.11 spent this weekend. :)

Fae xx
    “Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde :p
    January Grocery Challenge - £189.44/£300.00 :D
    Save
    Save
  • franby64
    franby64 Posts: 944 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 21 October 2014 at 4:17PM
    Options
    Morning

Just a couple of small spends in the last couple of days.
    Still haven't done a plan - I must do that today because it will probably make the difference between success and failure this month! Shouts at self - SO DO IT!!!
    Total now £239.37/£325. £8.60 a day left.

ETA - done it!
    August Shopping Challenge. 26/8. Budget £250 Spent £256.81.. £6.81 over. So £0.00 a day left.
  • dingdongsaving
    Options
    10 days of my month left (always just run from 1st-last day) and glad to have managed 15/21NSDs...with 1/2 term starting Thursday I know we'll be far more likely to pop out for little bits and might be tempted by a cake shop when we pop out, an ice cream van at the park, a chip shop when we walk the doggies at the beach etc. :) Gotta love a holiday!
    We always take our own snacks/drinks to the cinema & always pack a picnic when we go out and about but we love to add treats in the breaks. I remember growing up and having our usual picnics "boosted" by a large portion of chips in the middle when we went to the beach too. :)
  • Billie-jo
    Billie-jo Posts: 1,221 Forumite
    Options
    £5.95 spent this morning in Morrys. Bread, tomatoes, bananas and potatoes. 10 days left and we have just over £100 left.

Tonight we are having cheese & potato pie with gammon and some salad. Far too cold for salad really but it needs using up.
    Hope everyone stays safe in this wild and windy weather that is hitting us today.
    MARCH £62.38/250
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,622 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Have just done my top up shop, for which I try to aim for no more than £20 and today have done it for £16.35 which is good. Shop was split between several shops and so I was out for much longer than usual!

I parked up in Ald! and then walked to the High Street (less than 5 min walk). Popped into the £1 shop didn't have what I wanted so left empty handed so will try again when I'm in town on Thursday. Then popped into a couple of charity shops where I spent a fiver but that's not from the grocery budget. Then on to Iceland and spent £2 on 2 packs of 6 faggots, each pack will do dinner for me and DH plus lunch the following day so will need to do extra potatoes & veg tonight when we have the first box.

Then back to Ald! where I spent £5.71 on some fruit, veg, passata, crabsticks & eggs.

Then jumped back in the car and drove round the corner to Mr Ts and spent another £6.97 of which £2 will come from the Household budget not the grocery one. Then on to Mr Ms where I spent another £3.12, £2 of which was on some stockpots which were on special offer and which I would have needed to buy soon, probably next week so worth getting today. I couldn't actually get the pack of couscous I went in for so will need to try again on Thursday!

Then stopped at the farm shop for some potatoes as they are much cheaper there than any of the SMs at only 11p a lb - so another 55p.

Will update signature shortly.

Denise
  • xx_Jo_xx
    xx_Jo_xx Posts: 2,858 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    NSD for me yesterday :) purely because I was prepared enough to take breakfast, lunch and dinner to work for a change!

DS and I are both home today, but another NSD so far, lunch used up sandwich fillings from the fridge and wraps from the freezer. Chicken casserole is bubbling away for dinner in the SC, made from freezer chicken, and bottom-of-the-fridge-vegetables :D

I am going to need milk soon, but I'm trying to hang off -- I'm not good at sticking to my list, so it's never just milk!
    :)Sometimes lurking, sometimes posting, but always flying:)
    You are supposed to be the leading lady of your own life, for God's sake! - The Holiday
    DFW :idea: August 2013... Debt total £15,475.56 - Jan 15 £11,738.66 - DEBT FREE by 2015
    Feb GC £48.02/£250 (£201.98)
    :D I will declutter my house and debts :D
  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Options
    nsd here too making do with milk till tomorrow I can streeeeeeeeeeeeeetch it out!!!!!!!!!!!! too windy to venture out!
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • bmma
    bmma Posts: 607 Forumite
    Options
    NSD today x
    :hello::coffee:Penny Pincher in training
    Keep Calm Keep Vegan:):staradmin
    year's food budget £1,920
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,582 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    edited 21 October 2014 at 8:40PM
    Options
    Ive ended up up having to do an Asd* order for tomorrow, because Z*oplus have cocked my order up. After ordering on the 12th and having my money , the order was just stuck. So as this now won't come in time, I've had to do an emergency cat food run. So, Asd* is coming tomorrow instead of Tesc*. (Had to also buy a decent laundry liquid, as my current one isn't getting the stains out of the laundry properly. So a hundred wash Ariel included ... takes me over budget but it will last a while). Tesc* now rescheduled to Thursday. Cat food doesn't come under my GC but the whole delay with the order has cocked my best laid plans right up!!!

Today 58p spends on a loaf of bread, as DD2 needs some for cookery and i'd used the last for my dinner today.

Have added the Asda shop (bits that weren't cat food) ,but may have to adjust if it ends up being a different total when it's delivered!
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £106.38 May £?
    Forever learning the art of frugality
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family