We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

October 2014 Grocery Challenge

1…4041434546…59

Comments

  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Nsd today not going out,think baking might be on the books
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • £24 in Mr T's. Where I live our local one is in Eastville and it shows up on bank statements as Tesco Evil :-)

    That did include £9 for lego, a meal deal (I wanted a bottle of wine anyway so it seems to make sense to get pudding, a side and a main for the other £4. And 2 tubs of ice cream so that should last a while.

    I have £107 left of the £250 budget and 11 days to go so it's looking good. My eating and drinking out budget is way over though so next month I might juggle the envelopes around.
  • CH27
    CH27 Posts: 5,531 Forumite
    I've spend all my week's budget in tesco but i'm well stocked up for the week so it will be 6 NSDs for me :D
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.
  • xx_Jo_xx
    xx_Jo_xx Posts: 2,858 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    :hello:

    Hi all, I hope you don't mind me popping back in... I'm lurking for inspiration from you guys. I've spent over £250 just on top up shops this month so far...despite both freezers being full!

    I just need to get a grip, keep on track and use some of your fab recipes to use up what I have in already :)

    Hope you are all good :):)

    Ty
    :)Sometimes lurking, sometimes posting, but always flying:)
    You are supposed to be the leading lady of your own life, for God's sake! - The Holiday
    DFW :idea: August 2013... Debt total £15,475.56 - Jan 15 £11,738.66 - DEBT FREE by 2015
    Feb GC £48.02/£250 (£201.98)
    :D I will declutter my house and debts :D
  • Mrs_Cheshire
    Mrs_Cheshire Posts: 1,275 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    popped to b&m earlier to have a wander, managed to pick up a couple of bit for my next few weeks menu plan.But always manage to pick up bits I wouldn't usually like chocolate bars and bottles of dr pepper for hubby.
    Spent £8.34!
    Grocery Challenge 2024
    Feb £419.82 Mar £599.53 Apr £405.69 May £531.37 Jun
    Declutter challenge 2024 0 items
  • Solstice_3
    Solstice_3 Posts: 444 Forumite
    edited 19 October 2014 at 4:10PM
    Today I went shopping and stuck to my list :D

    19/10 £11.43

    Should have enough in for breakfast, lunch and tea for 2-3 days so hoping for at least 2 NSDs!

    Edit can't find a weekly menu thread so will post mine here:

    Today - Roast lamb, potatoes and veg
    Mon - Shepherd's Pie made with lo lamb, mash, veg
    Tues - Mushroom & Kale lasagna
    Weds - Sausage, chips & beans. Cake for pudding (DS turns 3!)
    Thurs - Beef Stew, mash and veg
    Fri - Spaghetti Bol (FF) (Baking day for Party!)
    Sat - Pasta with bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes
    Sun - Chicken pie made with lo chicken, mash & veg
    Stay at home Mum to DS Oct 2011 and DD Dec 2013
    Grocery Challenge

    April 298.08/300.00 NSD 14 May £213.56/£300 NSD 4
  • piglet27
    piglet27 Posts: 175 Forumite
    Just got home from town to a blocked and backed up sewerage drain :(
    Phoned the water company, as my house was built in 1910 they are coming out to fix it, luckily! Last thing I want my new house to be full of is s.....!!!
    Spends are Mr T-£1.80 2kg natural yoghurt, Wi!ko-£3.50 washing liquid (lrg), pegs and toothpaste and A!dee-£28.03 2kg chicken breasts, fruit and veg, cereal, bread, milk, tuna and eggs. As I forgot to take my shopping list with me (even though i spent all morning completing this months meal plan and food list!) I will need to go back to town in a few days to get the remaining items I need.

    Totals of £33.33 to be added to sig now.
    GC Jan £200/£200.78 Feb £250/£156.07
    #161 £2019 in 2019 £132.01
    2019 Frugal Living
  • Solstice_3 wrote: »
    Today I went shopping and stuck to my list :D


    Tues - Mushroom & Kale lasagna

    Is this from the Hugh FW book? I was thinking of making it this week, it looks delicious!
  • CH27
    CH27 Posts: 5,531 Forumite
    Meal plan for the week.

    Today - Roast chicken, roasties & lots of veg.
    Monday - Chicken & leek pie.
    Tuesday - Chicken, spuds & veg.
    Wednesday - Chilli & rice.
    Thursday - Bangers & mash.
    Friday - Cheesey bean jacket spuds.
    Saturday - Lamb curry.
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    I have done a lot of spending in the last few days. I now have only £36 to last me another 11 days :eek:
    We can do it if we are disciplined though, it was the YS drawing me in :o
    I got £37 worth of food for just over £7 :D

    Well done sticking to your list Solstice :T That is what I really need to master.
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.