Bowel cancer, stoma, illestomy bags, my journey with my fathers illness

Options

Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,475 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It's amazing what some positive thinking can do.

I knew someone who was in a hospice, which had suggested that relatives travel from afar to say goodbye, but then they were given a family wedding to look forward to and they ended up going home, helping with plans and attending that wedding.
  • ukmaggie45
    ukmaggie45 Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Fab blanket! :) :T :j :beer:

Glad to hear that things are going as well as possible at the moment. Long may it continue.

My best wishes and cyber hugs to you and your family from Liverpool. :)
  • Jellybro
    Jellybro Posts: 138 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm so glad to hear things are going well for you all.... And the knitted blanket it great!!
    I have been following your story since you posted on a thread I started after I lost my dad a couple months ago. It so nice to read you are all still managing to get him out and about and enjoying every day.

All the best to you all
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Thank you all. It means a lot xxxx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Such good news on a bleak wintry day . So glad the finances are falling into place . The blanket is wonderful , I saw your post on another thread when it was a wip and tried to picture what it would look like , it is a real work of love . Well done . Hugs to yourself , mum and the family . Your dad is a real toughie - bless him .
    Take care x
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Just a quick update,

Hes had a major setback, about 11pm we had to call out of ours gp / 999 call / back to out of hrs gp as a+e was full to bursting, ambulances backed up, patients in corridors,.... too tramatic to move him from bed

The GP came gave him morphine jab, topped him up again with morphine, tols to give 3/4 dose then 20 mins later can top up with the last 1/4, hopefully bed in about 10 mins...

He could go either way, but we have been told to prepare for the worst...

Not helped I've had my daughter off school since Wed, she got assulated by another pupil, and hate crime element involved, had police involved, school, got a meeting with dep head 2mor, with the hopes that it be safe enough for her to go back on Monday...

I'm the strong one of the family....
  • luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Can't read and run, thinking of you all x
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mum2one wrote: »
    I'm the strong one of the family....

You are carrying a heavy load at the moment. :(

Even if it's just a few minutes here and there, find a bit of time for yourself - with everyone relying on you, you need to keep well.
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Sorry to have to say dad passed away at dinner time, he was at home , the hospice had sent an ambulance for him as they had a bed for him they were due to come at 2pm they came about 12, they had got in a chair to bring him down the stairs, he went shallow breathing, he passes with us all there with him, he was in pain but he passed very quick,

Unfortunately due to the circumstances the coroner has got involved there is nothing we can do at the mo, we're hoping to pop and see over the weekend at the hospital,

It's a shock to us all xx
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mum2one wrote: »
    Sorry to have to say dad passed away at dinner time

Unfortunately due to the circumstances the coroner has got involved there is nothing we can do at the mo, we're hoping to pop and see over the weekend at the hospital,

Sorry to hear your news.

Mum died very suddenly - I found the coroner's office staff very kind and helpful - I hope the ones in your area are the same.

The coroner's involvement did delay the funeral a bit but that gave us a bit more time for us to come to terms with what had happened.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure