Spent 4 years pretending it's all OK

Options

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    NOA -you aren't moaning just saying how it is. I have to say on these boards I see so many accounts of one partner just not pulling their weight to debt slay. It's really a shame and I feel for them all. And you. No one should have to shoulder 100% of the responsibility for a joint situation.

Hugs!

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • supersaver1000
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    NOA -you aren't moaning just saying how it is. I have to say on these boards I see so many accounts of one partner just not pulling their weight to debt slay. It's really a shame and I feel for them all. And you. No one should have to shoulder 100% of the responsibility for a joint situation.

Hugs!

Bob

Agree with Bob Noah. You are doing great, sadly many of us have to be the strong ones. Xx
    OSWL (start 13st) by 30Jun20 6/10
    £1/day Xmas'20-62 £214/£366 saved
    Grocery Challenge Jun £742/£320 spent
    Homeowner wannabe by July 2020 - WooHoo!!
    Starter Emergency Fund £1000/£1000 saved
  • Brogden
    Brogden Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    edited 6 August 2015 at 3:36PM
    Options
    Agree with Bob Noah. You are doing great, sadly many of us have to be the strong ones. Xx

As has already been said by Bob.....so many people on this site are ladies with toally 'disengaged' male counterparts so NOAh.........no, no, no you're not alone (REM) :)

Whatever happened to the 'macho control freaks?' Am I the only one left? :o

Seriously NOAh, I do understand your irritation when a person who does not involve or interest themself in any part of the wider picture obsesses and stresses out about one little detail as though we don't know anything about anything :mad: !! I have that too, albeit the sexes are reversed :rotfl:!!

Onwards and upwards :D !!

Brogden xx
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Brogden - I have read just as many men recently saying they owe a lot of money and their wives just don't know/care. So I don't know if it is a man thing. More a crap partner thing.

• chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Urgent to do for today

2)Letter to SainsB creditor - they want a list of payments to everyone else too for their records.

NOAH
    xx

HI NOA just wondering but I am pretty sure that one creditor can't ask for what you are paying other creditors. Brogden can you clarify?
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • Brogden
    Options
    More a crap partner thing.

That's a bit harsh Bob :rotfl:!!
  • Brogden
    Options
    chevalier wrote: »

HI NOA just wondering but I am pretty sure that one creditor can't ask for what you are paying other creditors. Brogden can you clarify?
    chev

Hi Chev :)

They can ask but maybe we don't need to tell them ;) !! Or maybe we tell them just what we want them to know and no more ;););)!!

We can refuse to correspond with them altogether but that can be a fast track to court :eek: One of our lovely friends on here is receiving court papers as a result of non-communication :( !!

A lot of us are accustomed to providing income and expenditure statements. If these are detailed they will show how much each predator is getting paid so Sainsbug's question is not really that surprising.

Tell them to mind their own business if we like but pay a little, keep in touch and the likelihood of anything bad happening is miniscule :T !!

Brogden xx
  • mamato3
    mamato3 Posts: 216 Forumite
    Options
    Phew NoA I have just finished reading your diary it's taken best part of a week!

I just want to wish you the best on your journey I think you're doing amazing. I have subscribed and will tag along if you don't mind. :)
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Brogden wrote: »
    That's a bit harsh Bob :rotfl:!!

I wasnt saying that NOA has a crap partner, but that the act of ignoring debt or expecting your spouse to deal with it, is a poor thing in my book. And also, that it isnt a sex thing, there are just as many lazy, good for nothing women, as there are men, which is where we started this little discussion :)

• Brogden
    Options
    I wasnt saying that NOA has a crap partner, but that the act of ignoring debt or expecting your spouse to deal with it, is a poor thing in my book. And also, that it isnt a sex thing, there are just as many lazy, good for nothing women, as there are men, which is where we started this little discussion :)

I am sure everybody gets what you mean Bob :)

I think it is a poor thing too and I am sure all males and female would agree.........and I have similar issues to NOA in a sexually reversed sort of way of course :(

Brogden xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure