Jealousy of Motability car

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Indie_Kid wrote: »
    I get the impression that you're jealous. Although, why you'd be jealous of a disabled person being able to lease a car to get around, really is beyond
    There tou go another one having a go without actually understanding (I am assuming that you actually read) what I wrote.

ANY JEALOUSY IS ABOUT THE EXTREMELY GENEROUS LEASE DEAL THAT THEY HAVE AVAILABLE AND NOTHING TO DO WITH DISABILITY!

Got that?

Sorry that I shouted but maybe it will sink in that way
  • pstuart
    pstuart Posts: 668 Forumite
    Options
    !!!!!! wrote: »
    There tou go another one having a go without actually understanding (I am assuming that you actually read) what I wrote.

ANY JEALOUSY IS ABOUT THE EXTREMELY GENEROUS LEASE DEAL THAT THEY HAVE AVAILABLE AND NOTHING TO DO WITH DISABILITY!

Got that?

Well done, I am one of 'them' and really don't understand why you have to come on a Disabilty forum bullying and shouting at the disabled.

For future reference you don't get any PIP points for being a t..t.
  • baxie
    baxie Posts: 204 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm shocked, but not surprised, that people get jealous of a motability vehicle. I sometimes wonder if they understand the concept behind this scheme.
  • SandraScarlett
    Options
    baxie wrote: »
    I'm shocked, but not surprised, that people get jealous of a motability vehicle. I sometimes wonder if they understand the concept behind this scheme.

Alas, it doesn't matter how much you explain, some people only hear what they want to hear. In a most altruistic gesture, these people have kindly said ;) that they are not jealous of the disabilities of anyone that qualifies for a Motability vehicle. :) Isn't that kind of them!

But they have said the terms of the scheme favours the disabled, and not the abled bodied. Er, sorry, I thought that was the rationale behind it. Perhaps they'd like a freebie packet of DH's incontinent pants as well, to make them feel really inclusive, and part of the club. :)

xx
  • bigbulldog
    Options
    !!!!!! wrote: »

Got that?

What a SAD person you are jealous about something you cant have hang on I'll make you an offer if you really want this generous lease deal.......she'll give you her disability,so she can have a normal life and then you get your generous deal.........I take it's a no then.............you utter !!!!.:mad:
  • skeggysteve
    Options
    The Motability company/charity is one of the biggest buyers of new cars in the UK.

So they get the best deals from manufacturer, it's not rocket science!

They also base their prices on the end value of the car and Motability car tend to have fewer mile than other lease car.

Most ex Motability cars tend to be better looked after than 'normal' lease cars - mind you one I picked up smelled like the guy/gal had been smoking 60 a day in it for 3 years every day with the windows closed - even as a smoker I didn't like it!
  • skeggysteve
    Options
    ...was going to take down an internal wall ourselves to give us more space by utilising an unused room - however, my friend told me that we could get a grant to do it - so we applied and it was approved and the job will be started soon. The money we was paying for the wall we are going on holiday with instead...

Mrs Sparrow,

So you could have paid for the wall but choose to have a holiday instead?
    Respite care is available in this country and at less cost and better quality than a cruise ship.

I, respectfully, suggest that your post could have could have done more harm than good to the disabled.
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oli.s wrote: »
    used to work with a guy who's grandfather qualified for one so this guy somehow got himself out on the insurance by saying he had to drive his grandad around (which he did only around twice a month by his own admission) but used the car which was a flashy BMW as his own every day.

Perhaps such issues would become redundant if invalid carriages were reintroduced.
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ohreally wrote: »
    Perhaps such issues would become redundant if invalid carriages were reintroduced.

Weren't they stopped because they wre dangerous or so,etching?
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    pstuart wrote: »
    Well done, I am one of 'them' and really don't understand why you have to come on a Disabilty forum bullying and shouting at the disabled.

For future reference you don't get any PIP points for being a t..t.
    I am not bullying but you seem to be saying that I am not allowed an opinion. Your response is typical in that you don't actually comprehend what is written but see it as purely an attack on the disabled.

I dion't care about the disability, it could have been one armed paperhangers, members of the WI or lovers of One Direction (God forbid), the sentiment is the same. It is a very generous lease deal and my thoughts would be the same.

To my mind it is not me that is doing any bullying but those that do not like my opinions. I didn't realise that the disability was a closed forum and anybody who questioned in the slightest anything to do with disability would be pilloried.

I will continue to comment where I see fit. If you really want to investigate things then feel free to look at all my other posts and you will find that contrary to what you think I am not anti-disabled but do have, and since this is a free country and this forum is open, my own opinions which may be at variance to other people because I question some things rather than be a PC sheep that will only say the right things to appease the more vocal.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure