Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

September 2014 Grocery Challenge - Page 32

New Post Advanced Search

September 2014 Grocery Challenge

edited 20 August 2014 at 8:38PM in Old Style MoneySaving
637 replies 45.6K views

Replies

• No Spend Day for me :) I took my parents shopping today. My mum brought my deodorant for me :A and gave me her "free" eggs, sausages rolls and new potatoes from her 2 for £x buys ;)
  • PablosmummyPablosmummy Forumite
    378 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Just sorted my weekly Tesco shop for tomorrow, another £75 gone. Annoyingly we needed cat litter, baby milk and nappies all in the same week so that took up quite a big chunk of my budget for this shop.
    Got some custard cookie dough chilling in the freezer using bits from the cupboard, never tried them before so no idea what they're like. hopefully edible ha
    May Grocery Challenge -£216/400
  • dumplingdumpling Forumite
    2.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got some custard cookie dough chilling in the freezer using bits from the cupboard, never tried them before so no idea what they're like. hopefully edible ha

I make these regularly and they are more than edible, they have a lovely texture and they are such a cheerful cookie 'cos of the custard powder. My family absolutely love them so hopefully you will like them too.
  • PablosmummyPablosmummy Forumite
    378 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    just tried one, gorgeous! Now I just have to stay away from them until after my dinner
    May Grocery Challenge -£216/400
  • Argh! It's only the 8th and I've already spent £61 of my £120 budget! It's my first month so this is a real eye opener - I've been an MSE affictionado since I left home and really thought I was doing all the right things: downshelfing; meal planning; shopping around...my thrifty ways have slipped! This grocery spend really needs pulling back... really don't know how to get it down any further though...
    KYL xx
  • £52.50 to add for our Mr T delivery, which was mostly made up of wine and will not all be drunk this month but will include it in September anyway. Leaves about £34 left until the 20th when we go on holiday which is very much doable! Fingers crossed!
    MFW 2016 #32 £1574.66/£1500:j:j
  • How did chicken in the slow cooker go? I've been meaning to try it for a while.

Chicken was very yummy! DH said it was the easiest Sunday roast he'd ever carved cos it all just fell apart! Meant I could really get the most of the meat to take off and had enough for another 2 meals and sandwiches for a small chicken. Made the house smell scrummy too!
    MFW 2016 #32 £1574.66/£1500:j:j
  • Had a no spend day today! Need to get organised and plan some meals for the week as DH is returning from work and this is normally when my good intentions go a bit wrong!
    November 2017 NSD 2/8
  • CaterinaCaterina Forumite
    5.9K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spent just under £6 in an impromptu picnic with DH near his workplace. As it was a one-off treat it is going down as entertainment/treats, not as grocery as such, so won't be calculated in my update.

But it means today was not a NSD. Maybe tomorrow.

Good night.
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • Saver-upperSaver-upper Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Argh! It's only the 8th and I've already spent £61 of my £120 budget! It's my first month so this is a real eye opener - I've been an MSE affictionado since I left home and really thought I was doing all the right things: downshelfing; meal planning; shopping around...my thrifty ways have slipped! This grocery spend really needs pulling back... really don't know how to get it down any further though...
    KYL xx

Aww,bless you Keen Young Learner.
    Where do you shop?For years I shopped at Tesco,and if I only needed a few items,it was easier to drop into a Sainsburys on my way home from work.Since I decided to slash the budget,I've started doing my main shop in ALDI,then nip across the road to Morrisons for anything I couldn't get.Can definitely see a real difference in amount spent.
    SPC #108 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50