PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2014 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Topped up with milk today, and also bought crisps from p land as it was cheaper than mr T so another £2.84 spent. Takes September up to £30.07. Leaves £129.93 for the rest of the month :)
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • cheexy
    cheexy Posts: 454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Went into poundland this afternoon and got 3 cans of diet pepsi for £1. Also got a small loaf of Walburton sliced bread for 79p. So this adds 1.79 to my total spend and brings it up to £21.76 for September
    £47605.33 outstanding in C.C (£8000 Interest free till January 2025)
  • Hello!

I'm coming a bit late to the party but would like to join in for September. We've just moved house and I've just had a baby (4 weeks old!) so after some rather frivolous spending on baby and new furniture for the house! I'd like to start saving some money! Mainly so we can do nice things with little one! So we have an idea that we may spend £50 a week on food. I suspect the real total is ALOT higher than this! So there are three full weeks left in September so my month will run from 8th to 28th and our budget is for £150
    November 2017 NSD 2/8
  • bmma
    bmma Posts: 607 Forumite
    total spends for week 1 = £47.27/ £50.00p
    2 NSD'S
    :hello::coffee:Penny Pincher in training
    Keep Calm Keep Vegan:):staradmin
    year's food budget £1,920
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    More food shopping today, £26.32 spent at w8rose, mostly on YS stuff, including 3 packets of Alaskan wild salmon, my favourite. Not a frequent buy as normally very expensive, but decided to stock up as I have never seen it YSd before and the opportunity was too good to miss. But of course even reduced it has upped the cost considerably.

Only 7 days into September and already nearly 1/3 down on the budget. Yesterday stock up of nuts and seeds, and the fish and chips, have had quite an effect on it. So now I have 1 week ahead with a commitment to low and NS days to repair the damage.
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • £11.70 spends for me today in Asd* and Lid*
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £103.76 as of 6/4/24
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    £56.82 spent from my £175 budget so far :eek:

Yesterday's spends came to £34.05 but we're pretty well stocked for the week now. If I'd done a meal plan I would probably have spent less, but that's a lesson learned I suppose.
  • Caterina wrote: »
    More food shopping today, £26.32 spent at w8rose, mostly on YS stuff, including 3 packets of Alaskan wild salmon, my favourite. Not a frequent buy as normally very expensive, but decided to stock up as I have never seen it YSd before and the opportunity was too good to miss. But of course even reduced it has upped the cost considerably.

Only 7 days into September and already nearly 1/3 down on the budget. Yesterday stock up of nuts and seeds, and the fish and chips, have had quite an effect on it. So now I have 1 week ahead with a commitment to low and NS days to repair the damage.

But you're nearly a third through the month, as well as nearly a third through your budget!

I did my weekly shop in aldeee yesterday, which takes me to £43/£80 for this month. I won't be shopping again until the weekend, and even then it'll only be lunchbox bits, so I'm ok with this. My freezer is so full! I'll also have a small shop on 22nd (a monday, as we're at my mum's for the weekend so can't go then), and then a shop on the 28th, which will be split proportionally between sept and oct. Being back at work makes it so much easier to stay away from the shops!

Have a great week, everyone,

PG x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • Meezel
    Meezel Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good Morning!

I wasn't feeing up to shopping this weekend not feeling too good so I decided to do an online shop at A*da it came to £71.24 (this included delivery) I wont need to go shopping until the weekend and hopefully it will just be for stuff for the lunchbox next week fingers crossed.

I am starting back to Slimming World this week, I am going on holiday in May 2015 so I want feel better in myself for that. I am definitely going to be sitting down doing meal plans plus making more to freeze them, I am not the best cook in the world but I definitely going to try to get better especially if it means getting more motivated in saving money :)

Have a good day everyone!

Meezel x
    Debt Free - Now time to look to the future! :T
  • CH27
    CH27 Posts: 5,531 Forumite
    Day 1 of week 2.

I'm struggling to get back into the disciplined mode I need to be in to save money.
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport