PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Weekly Flylady Thread 4th August 2014

Options

Comments

• LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thought I'd better show my face in here today, as I don't know if I'll get to post tomorrow/rest of this week. Or I may go totally the other way and post non-stop.:cool: (ok I'll try not to do that, I promise).

Mr LW is at work today, his last day for a bit.:cool: He'll be filling the car up with petrol on the way home so that I don't need to worry about that; BM is on as I type, and will be stashed in the spare room later so that I can get it out myself; we also have a note to charge our phones tonight. Washing is all up to date. I think we're as prepared as we can be, now.

Flying-wise, I can't settle to anything; I find myself flitting about doing little cleaning tasks, all totally unrelated - I suspect it's coping strategy. I may end up spring-cleaning the bungalow from top to bottom tomorrow!:eek::rotfl:

Jessie's had a lovely long walk, a good brush (brushing is the only part of her care that's hard work, because of her corkscrew coat) and a game with her tennis ball - she's currently flaked out beside the sofa.

I'm running on coffee and adrenaline.:cool:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    LW glad to hear you have a furry friend.

Been lurking for a while but really needed to talk to fur friendly people.

RANT ALERT

Ozzie was attacked by a Staffie this morning. No collar although apparently according to the RSPCA he is microchipped and looks like he's been used as a fighting dog. It took two helpful men passing by to literally kick him off Oz after about 5 mins. Oz is currently on a drip at the vets with puncture wounds round his neck. Only the fact he is a Rough Collie saved him from much worse because of his fur. How can people be so irresponsible.

Anyway, getting well vibes please. As he's 12 the shock is about as dangerous as the bites.

Thanks to West Midlands police for a fast response at 0600.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,949 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Piggers, can you confirm please if you'll be in York on Wednesday?
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,096 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 6 August 2014 at 5:02PM
    Options
    Kailua wrote: »
    I have a couple now that seem to have changed and were very itchy a couple of weeks ago but I didn't feel I should go back to the doctors as obviously as far as they are concerned they have already told me there is nothing wrong.

The practice has quite a number of doctors, and when your own GP isn't available you are given the choice to see one of the others or wait for your own to return. I was allocated to Dr R today although I told them I didn't mind waiting. I've seen him before, and he's very, very thorough and good at explaining everything. When he told me what type of mole he thought it probably was on the phone this morning he told me it was benign (I wiki'ed it immediately) but he wanted to see it to be sure. When he saw it, he told me I'll probably get more of them and so I said, 'Nothing to be worried about, then.' At that point he got a slim A4 book of colour photographs off his shelf and flipped through it to show what malignant melanomas look like, in comparison to what I've got, and then what lots of different benign growths can look like.

If your mole(s) are itchy, get an appointment and go and be seen and ask what to look for in the future. No ifs or buts, no 'They'll think I'm making a fuss about nothing' - GO! Please. Just for me, if not for yourself. They will very, very rarely be anything worrying, but my practice is very clear about this - if you're worried about anything like that, go and see them.

Dr R said that explaining it to someone was a bit like trying to explain the difference between a cheetah, a leopard and a hyena (he's got a Southern Africa accent). He knows what he's looking at and for. What really impressed me this morning was how well the surgery is dealing with the increased volume of work. Very professionally done.

More stairs and floors given a thorough 'doing' and there's rather a lot more to do.
    Better is good enough.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    FBO I've replied to you on the Daily thread, hun. x
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'll be thinking of you LW.

That's awful FBO - hope he's ok.

Jue
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 4 August 2014 at 3:32PM
    Options
    *mops brow*

kitchen done - looks lovely *proud glow*

glad the mole is ok Honey; and FBO hope Oz is ok too.

It would make sense, before I start on the DR, to iron todays washing.*rubs chin* then, when I have ironed the valance (hanging part only;)) I can remake DS's bed. *scratches head in haze of indecision*

Lamewolf - the offer-to-iron-hankies is serious and still stands. I started off learning how to iron using hankies first then graduated to pillowcases and tea towels. The ONLY things I hate ironing are fitted sheets, because they done fold neatly. So much so that I am the proud owner of 1 - and that was bought for DS to take to Uni!

Trip to Swedish shop may be postponed - DD has gone to see her friend.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh FBO I've been wondering how you've been keeping (((hugs))) I'm sorry to hear about Ozzie, hope he makes a swift recovery. And I hope the dogs owner is suitably reprimanded and the dog removed.

Also meant to say, lovely pics and cake looks fab, pigpen. I have asked DD and she had seen a mass-produced princess castle cake in the supermarket that she wants :( but I think she may have 2 so I might get to make her one after all, just a small one for her actual birthday. We can take the other with us when we go bowling with friends a few days before.

Can you tell I'm trying to avoid working today :(
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Lozzy88
    Lozzy88 Posts: 780 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 4 August 2014 at 3:35PM
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    Lamewolf.... I'm sure I'm not speaking alone when I say we'll all be thinking of you and Mr LW over the next few days.

I agree with HoneyBear :)

FBO I am very sorry to hear about your dog being attacked by a staffy :( I have 2 staffys and although neither have shown any sign of aggression I do always keep them on a lead as you just never know what could happen..... I hope your pooch recovers it must of been very scary for you.

So so much more I would like to comment on but I just cant I have had 2 lumbar punctures last month and I currently cant lift my head off the pillow, I am vomiting constantly and there is more talk of fitting a shunt... Stupid head, the way I am feeling I would let them which is not like me at all. OH is now on unpaid leave at work and we are going to have to live of very little until I am better. Still it could be worse.

Hope we are all having a lovely day, I will be back with a vengeance ASAP
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,096 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Very gentle *healing vibes* for FBO's Ozzie. I don't know what's wrong with some dog owners, I really don't, but I do know what's right with most of them. Animals bring out what's best in most people. Don't forget you're probably in shock, too. (I would be if anything attacked Mrs Dog.)

Sorry about long and too frequent posts. Back to floors.
    Better is good enough.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family