* Breaking The Habit.... Hopefully.

edited 29 July 2014 at 11:16PM in Debt Free Diaries
145 replies 9.4K views

Replies

• stewbystewby Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭
    It is owned by someone in America apparently. The council are trying to get it back somehow (there's a law thing relating to it).

Fingers crossed when it becomes available, we have heaps of money in order to buy it.
    :o
    Mortgage: £0/£80,329.91
    Savings: £0/£6400
    :love:
  • apple_muncherapple_muncher Forumite
    13K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Lossiemouth!

(but don't you get the plane noise from the airbase? or it is closed down?)
    NST May mischief #5
    S; NSD ; Ex

MFWDate: very soonish. I hope...
  • stewbystewby Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    You do... but I was a forces brat. I love all the noise from the airplanes. I love hearing plsnes then trying to find them in the sky. It could entertain me for hours.
    :D

The base was meant to be closing but they successfully petitioned to keep it and now we are getting the eurofighters up here.
    :j
  • scubaangelscubaangel Forumite
    6.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always enjoy that too although where I'm headed its mainly Chinooks that will be flying around. :D

Hope it doesnt come up for sale until you can afford it!
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
    13K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much do you think it is worth? Just so you have a figure... Does the drive at the side belong to it? Plenty of room for the bongo if it does!
    NST May mischief #5
    S; NSD ; Ex

• stewbystewby Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    There is one just along from it for about £300,000 but it is all updated and modern where as this house will need to be fully refurbished.
    So... I am hoping for roundabout £200,000 mark. Hopefully a little bit less.
    :undecided

I am hoping Lossiemouth is less interesting than my current location. Due to the oil industry being so near at hand, houses tend to be crazy money.
    A few years ago, a house went on the market for offers over £160k. It sold for over £230,000.
    :eek:

I do love that house and yes, plenty of room for our bongo.
    :happyhear

Hugs to everyone.
  • in_need_of_directionin_need_of_direction Forumite
    6.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    That really is a forever home.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £49999.60 Offset fund today 3178.03 0
    Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:j
    Weight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 12 st 13lb
    determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes.
    Progress not perfection.:T
  • stewbystewby Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Still dreaming but bought down to earth with a bit of a bump over the past couple of days... Best to get it out of the way early:

OH's company is doing badly (apparently), so they are doing redundancies. One from OH's section at present but possibly (read probably) more in April. OH is a bit worried about this as although he is a very hard worker, he is pretty much the newest one in the door.
    :(

They have been really nasty and told the manager, he has two choices. Take a promotion with a different company or stay where he is but someone in his team will be going.
    The oil industry is bl**dy evil and uncaring. The date of redundancy is actually 24th December... Xmas eve and they are going to throw someone out. I can't believe people could treat other human beings that way.
    :angry:

My cousin is desperately trying to find another job but no-one seems to want to hire her. It is getting a bit soul destroying and I would hate to be her right now.
    Her current boss is being a complete plonker (not quite the word I would use).

Moneywise... everything has gone a bit pearshaped. My car needed a bit of work so credit payment this month is probably going to be minimal.
    :(

Holiday wise, we are planning our first European Bongo trip.
    :eek:

We can get a ferry from Hull to Rotterdam and back for £363 which is cheaper than going to Ireland for the week. So, currently exploring where we can go.

So... I am still dreaming... just of different things for now.

Hugs to everyone reading.
  • stewbystewby Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    So... this morning was all doom and gloom as I was feeling quite rotten.
    This afternoon has proven amazingly better. As you know, my dad is in charge of my main account due to my inability to organise my finances.

Well... I thought I had pretty much nothing to put towards my credit card. However, my dad has played a blinder and I can afford to pay some of my garage bill (the garage very kindly do a installment thing) and still pay off £400 of my credit card.
    To say I am thrilled is an understatement. I cannot wait to get this sorted!!
    :j

Erm... not really much else to say apart from hooray!!!!!
    13K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hooray to dad! Ya boo and double hiss to both OH's and cousin's companies. It's so hard to not know what's going on and those who make others redundant like to be secretive. Well done on still paying the cc.
    NST May mischief #5
    S; NSD ; Ex

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides