* Breaking The Habit.... Hopefully.

edited 29 July 2014 at 11:16PM in Debt Free Diaries
145 replies 9.4K views

Replies

• in_need_of_directionin_need_of_direction Forumite
    6.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love the detail on the skirt of that dress.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £45699.11Offset fund today £5810
    Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:j
    Weight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 12 st 13lb
    determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes.
    Progress not perfection.:T
  • scubaangelscubaangel Forumite
    6.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pfft its your wedding planning, you should be talking about it. I merely reserve the right to tell you that you're sickeningly in love and its not fair on us poor lonely singletypes ;)

The cold's clearing up slowly, which is bugging me as I really want/need to go see Nana but as the home have had problems with one of the vomiting bugs anyone who hasnt had a flu jab and is not 100% well is banned at the moment. Just trying to make a start on the whole packing to move thing but being hampered by the lack of having anywhere to live arranged!
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
  • stewbystewby Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭
    I did read about the job scuby, congratulations.
    :D

I am trying to remember if it was your thread where you resigned before getting another job. I don't think I could do that, I have a lot of respect and awe for you being able to believe in yourself that much. It's amazing.
    Also... the whole moving thing. I must admit, I did love having my own space (seems really small and stupid but I haven't done a jigsaw puzzle in years) but I quite enjoy having the company now. I couldn't imagine living with my parents again though... think I would go daft so I can see why you are unsure.
    Good luck with everything. I promise I am lurking.
    ;)

So.... I am stuck on favours. Men are simple, they are getting a minature bottle of whisky with a glass. Either the whisky or the glass with be personalised. Job done.

The two kids are getting digital cameras (they will be seven so it will just be kiddy ones) so that they can take pictures of the wedding. We will steal the pictures but they will get to keep the cameras.
    :)

Women are bl**dy impossible. Can't find anything that has made me think "wow".
    Any suggestions then please tell me. I feel like I just keep looking at the internet and shaking my head.
    :(

Plan is to get personalised chocolate bars for the reception (which is basically a bit party at a relatives house). That famous shopping site has them for a really good price so will do that as a wee thank you for coming.
    :o

Today was a spend-free day until I had to buy bread. Small rant as we could have waited until tomorrow for it but OH text and said we were desperate and I got some whilst I was out. Should have checked first. Boo hiss.
    :doh:

Hugs to everyone, even the lurkers.
    ;)
    Mortgage: £0/£80,329.91
    Savings: £0/£6400
    :love:
  • liltdiddyliltliltdiddylilt Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello flower :)

Hate the days when you buy bread and find you have enough at home :o I basically count slices before I leave in the morning and then shout at people for eating too many :rotfl:

The bottom of that dress is beauty!! And as for being childish, so am I. I am grown up where necessary and I take being a mum very seriously, but what I do on my own time is my own business. Tonight it is mainly trying to decide between a sonic the hedgehog christmas jumper or a Minion... *blinks* :rotfl:

:D xx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
    6.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup I resigned a couple of weeks ago, had two interviews in two days and thankfully got offered the one I really wanted last week. It was less about being confident and more about realising that all the confidence was being knocked out of me by the situation with my current job and that if I didn't get out now I likely never would.

I just need to find somewhere I can lodge for a few months while I find my feet in the new job then will decide if I want to keep lodging (as it'll be cheaper than renting alone) or need my own space more.

I've no good ideas for favours for women, my friends who got married earlier this year did mini treasure chests of pick n mix sweets for everyone - they did admit to being concerned that giving us a sugar high might be unwise along with the alcohol though (I think they underestimated the effect on me of several free icecreams though).

I'm so not looking forward to having to take in to consideration my food stocks before I can eat again, it's been so easy to just let Dad handle it.

Lilt do you have to choose? They both sound fab!
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• stewbystewby Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I blame OH (of course).
    He is now eating toast every morning (with the stupid £6.50 honey) and taking a sandwich to work. Totally his fault.
    :p

I would have to go with sonic the hedgehog lilt. I still remember the theme music like I played it only yesterday. Although, being a girl and the little sister, I was always relegated to being tails. In saying that, I have never seen minion-y stuff. Sounds like I am missing a lot of fun.

I suppose you are right enough scuby. I would just be too scared of work places not liking me and then ending up with nothing. It takes a lot of courage and self-belief.
    Is your new job something that you want to do, or is it just a stop-gap sort of job?? I know you said it was the one you really wanted but for a while you were talking about changing careers completely (I think I remember you saying that in my old thread, my memory is not any better I'm afraid).

Spending this evening noseying at recipes... cause googlemaps has gone too posh for me and I can no longer work it which means no honeymoon planning.
    :cry:

I am glad the bottom of the dress is getting such good feedback, my mum doesn't like it. I think it is because she can't picture how it would look with straps and stuff. Not that it matters as I am going to be a bridezilla and tell her that it's MY dress.
    :p

Hope everyone is doing okay today.
    Hugs.
  • liltdiddyliltliltdiddylilt Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay bridezilla, go you!! My mum doesn't dare argue with me on my choices (*cough* my daughters name *cough*) and I just don't tell her if I think she is going to argue. When I was pregnant I refused to tell her my name choice as she put my sister off her first choice name, and she regrets it even now and he is nearing 12. She swore blind she would love it no matter what it was, and then swallowed it when I told her. Jellytot is actually Elliott. A boys name now, but in my great grandparents day it was unisex. She has Grace for her middle name. And I love it *stamps feet*.

Scuba both = £40. The sonic one is by far my favourite but also £30 of that 40 :eek: also well done you for going for the job and quitting your old one! Good for you. I did that in 2009. I handed in my notice and the day after it was completed I moved 250 miles away with 4 boxes of junk - started sending my CV's out once I got there and had a job within 2 weeks thank goodness. The best bit was I moved by the sea, and got the job in July, but didn't start til September. I bummed the super hot summer out on the beach :D still work the job now!
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • edited 5 November 2014 at 11:16PM
    scubaangelscubaangel Forumite
    6.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 5 November 2014 at 11:16PM
    I was unemployed long enough last year to know that eventually something would come along, and tbh I was sure that the agency I was temping for would have found me something - the mad people who ran it remembered me from years ago when I applied for the job I was doing for them so am sure would have been able to get me something else.

The job I've got is quite firmly a hospitality role, my current job is catering and the previous permanent job was retail with some hospitality (well a coffee shop and we didn't produce any food...). Not sure if it's my 'career' move job but I think it'll be something which will keep me busy and the organisation envisage it as being a role which needs to evolve as they build a client base outside of their usual groups. But its a really niche place so my main concern is actually fitting in with the existing staff and guests. I think part of why I really wanted it of the two I was interviewed for is that I've completely fallen in love with the building and its grounds which I'm hoping will help me in turn sell it to new people!

Of course I'm sure the nerves will kick in the night before I'm due to start and I'll think I've done something horribly stupid!

Lilt I love Elliot for a girls name, its unusual without being completely weird! Hmm I see why you're struggling to choose £30 is a lot for a jumper but its Sonic.....I'm jealous I want to live by the sea (apparently some of my soon to be colleagues do commute from the south coast but that seems like an awfully long way to travel daily to me).
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• stewbystewby Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    My dream house has the most gorgeous view. Hopefully this will work. It should be a boarded up house in Lossiemouth.

http://goo.gl/maps/BcrJA

If you spin it 180 degrees on google this is the view you get:

http://goo.gl/maps/SfRWC

It is a lottery win house I imagine as it would need a lot of work (hasn't been lived in for twenty years according to the council) and also not a lot of opportunity for work there.... but I love it.

Elliot is a lovely name. It's the name of a character from one of my favourite TV shows (scrubs). The character is a female doctor. I am all for traditional names. If I ever have children (not sure at the moment, we are discussing adoption), I quite like the name Mitchell or Alexandreya. Like Elliot, they are unusual but not weird (if you know what I mean).

My cousin was going to call her daughter Red but changed it at the last minute. She kinda wishes she had now and they call her Red as a nickname. (She's not ginger or anything, it was a cartoon they watched whilst they were pregnant).
    6.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow that view is stunning, how on earth has a house which itself looks nice with that view be empty so long?
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides