* Breaking The Habit.... Hopefully.

edited 29 July 2014 at 10:16PM in Debt Free Diaries
145 replies 9.4K views
191011121315»

Replies

• apple_muncherapple_muncher Forumite
    12.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cornflakes and rice krispies suffer from cross contamination due to manufacturing processes, so we have to assiduously avoid them here. Anything that 'may contain' has to not even cross the threshold!
    NST Janus; NSD 1; Ex

MFWDate: very soonish. I hope...
  • scubaangelscubaangel Forumite
    6.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thats interesting as the portion paks - yes the spelling makes me twitchy - we have at work don't even have the may contain statement on them (just checked the two I have in the cupboard).
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
  • stewbystewby Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭
    Have spent a wee while doing some research again today. Hopefully, the blood results will show nothing.
    I have had eczema since I was a child so the skin issues could be that... and it could just be an irritable bowel syndrome which I will have to learn to live with.
    :undecided

I was going through my cupboards and telling my mum that there might be six boxes of flour heading in her general direction... and a couple of boxes of pasta sheets.
    I am hoping my OH will go gluten free with me too. At least in joint meals.
    :embarasse

Calories in today: 1266.
    Exercise: None but I did chase my nephew around the house for a while.
    :o

Thanks for all the advice guys. I looked at the coeliac disease website you showed me but am not going to register until I find out the results.
    The GP advised me to keep eating gluten-y foods until I have the blood tests so that there is accurate results.

Thank you for all the reassurance, I am so worried about this but it makes me feel good knowing that there are people out there who can offer advice and reassurance.
    Hugs.
    Mortgage: £0/£80,329.91
    Savings: £0/£6400
    :love:
  • apple_muncherapple_muncher Forumite
    12.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good idea not to rush into anything, stewby. The test results take several weeks - at least they do for dd, and she has them every 6 months. Knowledge is power, and you are building up a good power base!
    NST Janus; NSD 1; Ex

MFWDate: very soonish. I hope...
  • stewbystewby Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the blood sample is just the first test then as they told me that I would get my results tomorrow.
    :undecided

I can't decide what I want the results to be honest. I don't want to have a gluten intolerance as I eat a small enough range of foods as it is without limiting it further.
    For example: My go-to meal in a restaurant is a cheeseburger and chips.
    :o

At the same time, it would be great to have a reason for my symptoms. The bowel issues, the indigestion issue, my tiredness all the time. I recently noted that it also brought up "brain fog" which I have been getting a lot (particularly as work which is very worrying).

Does it sound bad that I am not desperate for it to be negative?? I feel really guilty about it.
    :(

Diet was a disaster on Monday. To cheer myself up after the blood tests, we had a chinese (OH's treat) so I got to keep my spend-free day.

Today has been much better. We made mini chocolate krispies... only 25 calories per krispie. Yum yum.
    :D

Total calories in: 1163.
    Exercise done: 142 calories.

Getting more into a routine now which is great. Even after my chinese treat, I do not feel that I have failed or must have another treat. Fingers crossed it keeps going so well.
    :)
    Mortgage: £0/£80,329.91
    Savings: £0/£6400
    :love:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Covid pass scam robbed grandfather of £25k

He got his money back after MSE intervened

MSE News

20,000 FREE Ideal Home Show tickets

For London, Fri 11 Mar to Sun 27 Mar

MSE Deals