PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Weekly Flylady Thread 28th July 2014

Options

Comments

• Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,949 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello flyladies. Just fluttering been happening here around the paid stuff. I need to do some ironing but am going to bake some biscuits instead.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh pigpen, I feel so sorry for you. Big hugs coming your way. I wouldn't be able to cope, I would have tied her up!

All done, except the exercise, and the rain is now watering the plants again :)

[STRIKE]Walk dogs
    Clean garden
    Buy veggies for dinner
    Wash dog duvet
    Load and put on DW
    S&S kitchen
    S&S bathroom
    Hoover downstairs
    Dust lounge
    Recycling out
    Water plants[/STRIKE]
    Do some exercise
    [STRIKE]Cook dinner
    Prune at least one bush in the garden[/STRIKE]
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • Kailua
    Kailua Posts: 378 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tired again so have only done a limited amount but I am happy with the bedroom for the moment so that is the main thing. Baby steps.

I have:
    • opened the window and let in the rain/sun in for most of the day
    • cleared the floordrobe which wasn't too bad to be fair more bits and pieces(bottles of wine waiting to be hidden) than actual clothes!
    • only dusted around the objects on the tops of the bedside cupboards/chest of drawers I think I need to declutter some as there are too many to move each time.
    • run the cleaner over some of the walls that for some reason seem to get dusty (obviously not straight then) and did the ceiling joins to get any cobwebs.
    • vacuumed the bedroom floor and used a dettol wipe mop thing to be sure.

I have also cleared the photos from the memory cards of two cameras and filed the photographs by month taken. Worrying that the pictures in one camera went back to September 2012! So I have added this job to my master list of chores that I am trying to develop. I want to develop a proper list of cleaning for each room and then do that room when the flylady says so so I feel like it has to be done and add on all the little extra tasks that the flylady has to get the house sorted. Like sorting the knicker drawer etc.
    £279/£2016 (13.8%)
    £1137/2015 (56%)
    £1833/2014 (91%)
  • just_the_two_of_us
    Options
    Oh well sorry Pigpen I didn't catch up with you with a double HHC - I fell asleep!!!!
    Vol job 1 is exhausting me - moan sorry skip para if you wish
    - the person who does 3 full days does not do it properly so I have - well not "have" as it is voluntary - but "feel" I need to do it properly when I am there. They were worried about me today as I went so white purely 'cos I dashed round and did all necessary like a maniac for 3 plus hours!!! Have left a nice note for next week when I'm off then have promised DH if no better it is bye bye!!!

Since DH came home we have been shopping to Freeport, I made the beds, put washer on, partly packed, HHI done and all put away. DH has WUDUPA and is making tea and I have brought more stuff down to pack into car when we have cleaned it! Luckily we have all day tomorrow but have bank appt at 9 and Mr T wine delivery at lunch - rude to ignore 1000 extra points for a spend!!

Will catcvh up later tomorrow then.

Pigpen - you are brill and Dot sounds a terror but a delight at the same time - one day you will look back at this time and smile. xx
    July 16 £95/£200
    Nov 16 £0/£200

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don't need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself." Thich Nhat Hahn
  • Jazee
    Options
    I decided to make flapjacks in the end, cooling now so will have to be taste tested soon.

Time to read today's paper and then do something useful like preparing supper.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,096 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 1 August 2014 at 11:16PM
    Options
    The gymnastics are over *sob* but watching them has given my soul the most amazing lift. I am in awe of all of them, women and men, at what they manage to achieve. There are a couple of youngsters, new to seniors, who made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. For anyone who's interested but hasn't managed to catch any of it, the two newcomers to watch for are Claudio Fragapane at 16 years old won four gold medals (!) and Nile Wilson at 18 won at least two golds. Wowsers!

It's raining, and flying is on hold. Obvs I'm thinking about it, though.
    Better is good enough.
  • Jazee
    Options
    Okay okay, I'm going to do HHI.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,879 Forumite
    Options
    Evening

Piggers~~ have you had her hearing tested? she sounds just like me when I was young, but I did wear clothes! you mention speech threopy, just a thought.

Wrk done and very busy
    OH has just (and only just) informed me his 3 grand kids and various parents are arriving tonight (ekk).. no food, no beds made etc...............err when did you know they were coming............mid of last week...................did you not think of telling me?? so I am carrying on as usual on line, he can sort them, I ' ll worry about them tomorrow night, it als oseens they are stuck in traffic up north M2 way.
    Breast Cancer Now 100 miles October 2022 100 / 100miles
    D- Day 80km June 2024 0/80km
    Sun, Sea
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 1 August 2014 at 8:31PM
    Options
    Aww pigpen I feel your pain - DS is a whirlwind most days. But now he is a bit older he is much less destructive and learning to control his emotions a bit better. Is it possible for a child to be gentle and crazy together? Well I think he is. I'm rooting for you with the sleep training, yep school hols are as good a time as any xxx

We have had drizzle / lashings of rain all day here. Don't quite know where the day has gone. The kiddies had all the cushions making stepping stones from the conservatory at the back right through to the garage at the front. They've been wrestling most of the afternoon. And eating. Both in bed now so I'm having some supper.

DW is on and I've just taken DS shirt and pjs out of the WM. They've been soaking in vanish - somehow black leggings ended up in my colours wash and managed to leak into his stuff. The pjs are still darker than they were but the shirt looks much better.

I've put away holiday swims (their uv stuff) that will keep for next year, and even had a sort in my wardrobe. I *may* do some ironing tomorrow. Think we will go to my mums also. Just to get out (more wet weather forecast - which I don't mind as I've reseeded patches of lawn this week :T). Might even take the sleeping bags so she can put them in the caravan when she goes.

Right, I'm going to put the kettle on, anyone?

ETA: I also made a reading record for DD. She wanted one like DS has for school so we made one out of a notebook, aww bless she read her first book to me tonight. Biff, Chip and Kipper anyone? Lol
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,067 Forumite
    Options
    kazwookie wrote: »
    Piggers~~ have you had her hearing tested? she sounds just like me when I was young, but I did wear clothes! you mention speech threopy, just a thought.

She can hear a biscuit wrapper at a thousand paces, she has no issue there.. she is being seen for her stammer and lisp.. she has a fabulous vocabulary when she can get her words out but her lisp is very.. hmmmm... spitty.

It took 40 minutes and 4 putting-back-to-beds tonight .. she isn't getting any better... :( .. it is quite demoralising having to spend 45 minutes up there repeatedly putting her back to bed with her getting more and more angry and upset and us (me mostly, OH has done 2 nights) getting increasingly frustrated.. She has to learn eventually surely?!

She tried ripping out Squeaks hair while I was trying to brush it, she bit me while I was doing hers.. she doesn't bite me properly but gets told off as though she did.. she likes to sink her teeth into anyone and everyone.

But, it is all ok now because she is asleep and tomorrow she WILL be better. We have Tesco delivery in the morning and toy shop visit about lunch and the girls are home about 2pm so lots of things for her to be excited about and entertained by :)
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income