PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 28th July 2014

Options

Comments

• Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Welcome back Valli! I'm so sorry about your friend. (I just think of the emporium as yours, I know you don't own it really.)

Frodders, we're huge fans of Seth's. OH 'discovered' him when he used to play in the bar at the closest (tiny) theatre to us on Friday nights years and years ago - he's sort of local. Tbh you have to be pretty darn good to get a regular spot there, so OH always knew he was going places and it's been wonderful to watch him go from strength to strength. We've seen him several times over the years (once at the National Marine Acquarium - fab gig) and his brother, Shaun (and his wife) as well. Have a lovely time.

Skint, I can't believe how much you did yesterday and last night! You've come up with some really inventive solutions to make your tomorrows easier and I'm going to take some of your inspiration and sort a couple of kitchen cupbaords out today. I can't match you for energy!

The chalet is on a fortnight's let so no work there for me today. Mrs Dog trotted around the block, OH's breakfast in bed made and scoffed and it's actually sunny at the moment. Rain is forecast so I can't do any laundry. *shucks*
    Better is good enough.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,451 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Valli wrote: »
    I even got a 'you scrub up well' after I had showered and changed:rotfl:

:rotfl: It's the practice you get when doing what Flyladies do!

Good morning (just!) all and welcome back Bossy :wave:

Skinty, your mega list has set me thinking about how to improve the storage in my study. 99p mini-drawer sets within easy reach on the chest of drawers (which is under the space-restricting slope of the dormer ceiling) sound like a good idea for some of my oddments which are currently taking up cupboard space in plastic A4 boxes, which I really need for storing open packs of card and paper. I need to get myself a new pencil tidy too as the one that I've had for xxx years is slowly filling up with biro gunge :eek:

Lots of rain here overnight and this morning, but it's starting to brighten up now. I need to go into town, return something, drop off plastic bags at one of the CSs, buy gloss paint and a new lamp for the security light, get more bananas, etc etc. But first I must find my Toots list in the pile of papers which I swept off the desk before DGS1+2 came to stay.
  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    So far today I have been to pick up a parcel, paid in a cheque and visited Mr T as the fridge was looking decidedly empty!

We have had rain! Not a lot, but wet stuff all the same!

Need to grab some lunch then attack something for a HHC or 2.

Will be back later on to see if anyone fancies joining me.

bonnie - nice to see you posting; vanilla too :D
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    Frodders, we're huge fans of Seth's. OH 'discovered' him when he used to play in the bar at the closest (tiny) theatre to us on Friday nights years and years ago - he's sort of local. Tbh you have to be pretty darn good to get a regular spot there, so OH always knew he was going places and it's been wonderful to watch him go from strength to strength. We've seen him several times over the years (once at the National Marine Acquarium - fab gig) and his brother, Shaun (and his wife) as well. Have a lovely time.

This will be at least the - *counts on fingers* - 9th time I've seen him live. One of the best was when he played on the deck of HMS Warrior in Portsmouth Dockyard - only a hundred or so tickets and I was right at the front :D Got some good piccies!

Tomorrow is at the Open Air Theatre in Regent's Park, so hoping for good weather or I may get rather wet! Sure he'll be worth it though!

Ok, lunch time!
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • Mumto5
    Mumto5 Posts: 1,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ginge is coming home today:j:j:j

Recovery will take a long time, thank you to all of you who have sent good wishes, vibes and prayers. The power of the Flyladies is a remarkable thing.

I need to get flying fast now!!!!
  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Mumto5 wrote: »

Recovery will take a long time, thank you to all of you who have sent good wishes, vibes and prayers. The power of the Flyladies is a remarkable thing.

:j :j Fantastic news :j :j - so pleased for you all and for Ginge of course. Hope he is soon well on the road to a full recovery xx
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • nicki_2
    nicki_2 Posts: 7,321 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

:j:j:j Yay!!!!! :j:j:j

Its chucking it down here so we're having an at home day. DD is being entertained by her laptop and playing games in book of face, and I'm going to tackle the documents on my laptop in the hopes of getting them all transferred over from my external hard-drive to my documents again ;) I may be some time! Will pop in later when I need a break :wave:
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

:T:T:T Excellent news! I'll keep the vibes coming while he recovers; please keep giving us progress reports. I've just told Mr LW the news, and he too is pleased.:o

Jessie Labradoodle has arrived for her three-week holiday; we've managed walkies in between the showers, and she had a good run round in the garden when she first got here, so she's happy.:o Looks like we timed the walk well - it's persisting down out there now!
    Jessie's got loads of toys with her - I've made a list, so that I can make sure to gather them all up at the end of her stay.:o She's got: 2 rubber bones, a rubber "doughnut", a rubber squeaky pig, 2 balls (one rubber, one tennis), a rubber open-weave ball (I think it's a teething aid - she's 16 months old and they had her as a small puppy), a fluffy badger, and a fluffy octopus. That's a lot of toys for one dog!:D
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,451 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

:j :j :j Wonderful news Mumto5:j :j :j

More (((hugs))) and patience and healing vibes to you all: it won't be an easy road for any of you, but having him home will take away a lot of the fears.

x
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Brilliant news :)

Wow skint breeder that is an amazing list! Hope you got some sleep after all that.

Hope you got plenty of sleep too pigpen and hope Dot has been occupied by the busy day.

Today I don't seem to have achieved anything, my get up and go, has gone. I have a tiny little list today!

Today's list
    [STRIKE]Walk the dogs
    Got to the gym
    Collect new shoes[/STRIKE]
    Empty and reload DW
    S&S kitchen
    Make dinner
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • FizzWhizz
    FizzWhizz Posts: 939 Forumite
    First Post
    Options

WHOOP!! Fantastic news, wishing you all the best :) xxx

I have had a lovely lazy Saturday. I had to pop out to collect a parcel from an Amaz0n locker, if you've never used them I'd HIGHLY recommend, fast and efficient and SO much easier than having to schlep myself to the sorting office if I miss a delivery. I also had to post the boys' birth certificates to the passport office as KH wants to take them abroad in October half term but sent their abbreviated certs instead of the full ones. The rain was pouring so both the PO and the coop were quiet, even the pharmacy was dead but that didn't stop them taking almost ten minutes to serve me, I would love to get a job in there and shake the counter staff up a bit :p

Washing has been done and hung, washing up is up to date, I *could* flick the duster and run the vac around but… I can't be arrised :D Sitting down to watch Goodfellas with a cheeky cider. Happy Saturday all xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure