PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 28th July 2014

Options

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,054 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    bossymoo wrote: »
    Not me for York this time, I'm afraid. I'll be working :(

:( I was really hoping you'd be going.. I think our girlies would love to meet up.. if you're over this way tomorrow feel free to pop in for cake and a spot of pass-the-parcel <3
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • **Vanilla**
    **Vanilla** Posts: 362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Flying over last few days have been none. Really have a big case of CBA at the minute.

DD got back Friday after being away at an event all week. She didn't look her happy self when I appeared, I thought she was just tired. Then comes the dreaded words that a leader wants to have a wee chat with me. DD had got her self worked up and had banged her fist against a wall and then she had bitten herself. Of course they were just letting me know about self harm which they were just right too (if only they knew huh) so a 45 minute drive home and DD spent the whole time crying, couldn't explain why she done. Just that she lets things build up. She had a good night's sleep last night and another talk from me today and I'm really hoping there won't be any more.

Honestly I really don't think I know what I'm at anymore, everything just feels like it's falling apart.

Oil heating not working here so got someone out today to look at it , of course it worked while he was here and has since stopped again so i'll have to get him out Monday again. Grrrrr
    Life is short, live it. Love is rare, grab it. Anger is bad, dump it. Fear is awful, face it. Memories are sweet, cherish it.”
  • pigpen
    edited 2 August 2014 at 10:31PM
    Options
    Vanilla.. I hope DD is feeling happier.. not so easy this growing up lark is it :(

Todays pics.. WITH clothes..

10557233_10152583129168518_2621539896965643851_n.jpg?oh=7187c5f8328dc08a42db261757d576ca&oe=5458794A

And my basket cases..

I did have to tell DD1 to move... she had lifted her top and was scratting her belly in the background.. she is SO gross :p

10534125_10152583126813518_5049094862981475759_n.jpg
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Aww thanks pigpen we are at DD friends party tomorrow. Seems really odd that DD is just a month younger than her (and squeak) yet has to wait another year for school :( DD would probably quite like Dot too, and Pixie of course.
    DS on the other hand would grumble that there are never any boys to play with ;) happily he is good pals with the birthday girls brother so is invited to the party too.
    I think they are still awake though, so will be too tired to party...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • pigpen
    Options
    bossymoo wrote: »
    Aww thanks pigpen we are at DD friends party tomorrow. Seems really odd that DD is just a month younger than her (and squeak) yet has to wait another year for school :( DD would probably quite like Dot too, and Pixie of course.
    DS on the other hand would grumble that there are never any boys to play with ;) happily he is good pals with the birthday girls brother so is invited to the party too.
    I think they are still awake though, so will be too tired to party...

Ah well, My grandboy is here tomorrow too, he is 5 (6 in Feb) so we have a playmate if you ever get this way :)

My 2 are suddenly very into Disney princesses so they'd have lots to speak about :) .. Squeak is Elsa or Rapunzel and Dot is Anna or Cinderella .. DD2 is Spen (Sven, the reindeer in frozen) and Pixie is Olaf ... all perfectly sane in my house!
  • nicki_2
    nicki_2 Posts: 7,321 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I've spent most of the day since my last post sorting photographs I've taken on my phone. Silly me keeps backing them up to my laptop but not taking them off the phone. I've had multiple copies of the same pics going back to at least Christmas 2012 although I'm sure I have older ones on there as well :o It took me 3 hours to work through one upper level folder. Doing the whole lot will take me days at this rate! :eek:

Tomorrow DD is out with ex, so the plan is kick her out to the cinema with him and then go for a bath, in peace. Well as peaceful as can be when I put my music on :dance: I have no idea if she'll be going away this summer so her days out with her dad are going to be my only 'me time' so "pamper" time it is (ie a bath without having to listen to p0kemon/l00ney toons etc on the TV downstairs) not chore time ;) DD needs to go for a bath herself tomorrow so has set her alarm for 6am :eek: Good job I had a lie in today instead, so I'll get up with her, and get a few odd jobs done, and maybe move some more files. Then after I'm bathed I'll do the laundry ;) If I do it right I shouldn't end up with an ironing pile ;)

Anyways I'm off to bed, hoping to be asleep before 2am unlike the past week! See you all tomorrow :wave:
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Skinty - that's a super-duper organisational feat !!

Valli - so glad to hear you had a great holiday (mostly)

Mumto5 wrote: »
    Ginge is coming home today:j:j:j

Recovery will take a long time, thank you to all of you who have sent good wishes, vibes and prayers. The power of the Flyladies is a remarkable thing.

I need to get flying fast now!!!!
    Fantastic news. Great to hear he's progressing so well :)

Talking about kitchen organisation I don't know if this would help anyone else. I was really fed up with the usual problem with keeping small jars and packets of herbs and spices in the usual cupboard, together with sauces etc and having to keep moving things to get to others and not really being able to see them all.

When I had a kitchen refit last year I finished up with an almost spare double wall-cupboard apart from my herbs etc. I had an idea and so DH took the cupboard to the joiners and had it cut in half DEPTH-WISE iyswim.

We then put in three shelves (plus bottom of cupboard makes 4) each just over 12 cm wide. (This just takes the large Tate and Ll Syrup tin which is the biggest cooking stuff I use). All the herbs and spices now can stand in alpha order along top shelves and other things like sauces and pickles occupy the bottom.

Nothing is in front of anything and so easy to find things and just as easy to keep tidy and it's all shut away behind the double doors :T

It was like Autumn here all of a sudden. Very blowy and really heavy showers on and off all day. Spent the day shopping, putting away and cooking. Kitchen all back to normal and WUDUPA so have been watching the last of the games.

Day free tomorrow but waiting to see what the weather does.

Hope you all have a super Sunday and all goes well for your 'Do' Pig-pen

Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • pigpen
    Options
    Breakfast and cuppa underway.. the sun is shining so is my eye.. I think Madam Hayfever poked me in it overnight.. if I drug it I'll go to sleep so hopefully the rain dealt with the excess pollen.

I need to

:whizz Henry over downstairs ~ delegate
    : prepare food which needs cooking
    :Wrap presents ~ delegate to OH
    :wrap p-t-p parcels ~ may or may not delegate depends on time
    :ring my dad to have him remind my nanna it is squeaks birthday tomorrow and Pixies next weekend .. she will be upset if she misses one of them so it is not as rude as it feels.
    :Clear pic space on my phone.. it's a bit full.. I can do that while cooking.
    :shift CS stuff into the car ~ delegate to OH
    :bath our 3 naughties ~ delegate to OH
    :demand DS3, OH and DD3 shower and wear clothes.
    :clear the worksurface of Dooooooooooom
    :sweep the kitchen

I did party bags last night.. :)

On with breakfast then!
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning! We are having brekkie then it's bath time for little moos. I've ironed what they are wearing and I'm dressed, just need to dry my hair? Will we be ready by 10? Who knows :p
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,309 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Congratulations Mumto5. What a relief.

Loved the photo Pigpen. Your posts make me smile because I can imagine this mad, chaotic, happy household which is just how it should be when you have got little ones. Happy birthday for tomorrow Squeak!

So DS1 went to the local end of carnival week, Saturday night outdoor thing last night. (Know locally for lots of people wandering around very drunk). For those who dont know my DS has severe health problems and has suffered on and off with anxiety and depression. He never goes anywhere and has no friends. His cousin rang up and asked if he wanted to go with a load of other 16 year olds. I was half pleased and half terrified when DS said yes! He stayed at his cousins and I have strongly resisted the urge to text him and see if all is OK. I did take my mobile upstairs with me when I went to bed though!

Bit of a lazy weekend so far. DS2 at a party today, going to look at kitchens (hopefully new kitchen will happen in October).

Might have done the York meet but its my last day at work before the hols! Roll on Thursday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure