The Totally Awesome August NSD Challenge!

edited 8 August 2014 at 8:54AM in Debt-free Wannabe Challenges
523 replies 15.6K views

Replies

• marmiterulesokmarmiterulesok Forumite
    7.8K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's an outrageous lie, marmite, you don't really think I would let Igor anywhere near the hallowed halls of the Chateau Nargle kitchen, do you? Bad enough having to keep chasing that donkey from my raspberry patch.

'hangs head in shame' :o

The front page is updated.

Happy hump day people!

2ptrqxu.jpg

Look familiar?
  • I've had a lot of low spend days but not many no spend days this month. I've been looking for a new place to live and consequently been spending money on metro tickets to view properties most days :(

However, the last two days have been NSDs as I've been ill in bed, so I can update my total to 7/10 NSDs. Still an outside chance of meeting my goal.
  • NargleblastNargleblast Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Payday today so lots of spending will be happening. Still a chance to get one or two more NSDs in before the end of the month, though.
    One life - your life - live it!
  • t2rryt2rry Forumite
    941 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Good morning

Happy to declare NSD #15 for yesterday

:j:j

must find september's thread.....
    2020: Paid off £13,877.08
    2021: Paid off £19,683.09
    ***DEBT FREE 28/05/2021***
    Emergency Fund £10,000 Complete

Next Step... Additional Savings/Sinking Fund £4,000/£10,000
  • There's still a chance I could make it to target. Not quite sure what's happened as I haven't spent a lot this month, and I've needed little top up things or bus tickets which have spoiled the NSDS. Only spent on bus fare today and on Monday I'll get my bus pass for the month. Yesterday was a NSD d though taking me up to NSD #8 tomorrow won't be one as I'm getting the train to London to meet friends (ticket was free though!)
    NSDs January - 3/8 2017 total - 3
    declutter challenge 67/2017
    Goodreads Challenge 0/30
  • edited 27 August 2014 at 7:01PM
    kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 27 August 2014 at 7:01PM
    Well yesterday was deff not a NSD. Met up with an old school friend whom I haven't seen properly since we left school. We connected on FB a little while ago and found after all this time we still have lots in common (same job sector, baking, sports) and it just so happened we're both on holiday this week. Had a really lovely day, it's amazing how after 20yrs it was just like old times (well more drinking pots of tea rather than cider in the park, but YKWIM :rotfl:) There was no awkwardness and it was a lovely day. It also turned out rather spendy as I found a gorgeous jacket (one of those 'I'll just try this on...oh darn I love it and it fits perfectly), some trousers (I tend to live in jeans and fancied something different) and a lovely dress (even a stranger in the changing room said how nice it was :o Also had a yummy lunch.

So, it's beans on toast for the rest of the month, but I figure, that was 20yrs of shopping trips in one day so it wasn't tooooo bad :o

Nearly forgot, have spent 5 1/2 hrs in the garden today (gardening, not sunbathing :rotfl:) am totally shattered, two trips to the tip and one more to do, not sure if the garden looks any different (its odd, its quite landscaped with some mature plants but requires more maintenance than it looks like) but NSD #13 on the compost heap :D
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• AphidgirlAphidgirl Forumite
    431 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭
    A low spend yesterday of 99p but on non-essentials so couldn't count it. Have done a proper NSD today though so I'm happy to report that I've reached my target

NSD 10/10 :j

Wooo! Now to try and squeeze a couple more in before the end of the month....
    Starting 2016 debt-free :D
    Emergency Fund: £350/£1000
  • gothrockchic1gothrockchic1 Forumite
    2K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all, popping to report a NSD!!

NSD No 8 :j
  • t2rryt2rry Forumite
    941 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    NSD #16 today - is she going to do it again by the skin of her teeth....?
    2020: Paid off £13,877.08
    2021: Paid off £19,683.09
    ***DEBT FREE 28/05/2021***
    Emergency Fund £10,000 Complete

Next Step... Additional Savings/Sinking Fund £4,000/£10,000
  • kathy40ukkathy40uk Forumite
    874 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    :hello: Hi all xxx

Had my spendy day today but am rather pleased with myself as I spent £4 less in Al** than I had planned to :D

I've also managed to get my fridge working again so am a happy bunny :)

See you all tomorrow xx

:hello:

DFD Need to August 2027 :(
    NSD March 15/20
    NSD April 17/15
    NSD May 13/15

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

PCR tests to end for fully vaccinated

Travellers returning to England in Oct

MSE News

Free Homebuilding & Renovating Show tix