The Totally Awesome August NSD Challenge!

edited 8 August 2014 at 8:54AM in Debt-free Wannabe Challenges
523 replies 15.6K views

Replies

• Saver-upperSaver-upper Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Oooohh,I've reached target!!:j:j
    It's a record target!!:j:j
    Probably won't happen again til the next Ice Age 'cos next week kids are back at school,and real life kicks in again :cool::cool:

Today was NSD#18
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• lindorlindor Forumite
    95 Posts
    After a spendy day in London on Tuesday ( although my brother was very generous and treated us to dinner, which saved me a fair few £s), yesterday was NSD #10. So last night's dinner was more a la Mrs Cropley of Vicar of Dibley than Delia Smith, but it was edible. Don't worry, I won't be sharing the recipe!
  • ButtiButti Forumite
    5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    NO NSD today....forgot my sandwiches :eek:

However am planning for one tomorrow and doing food planning for next week :D.

B x
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evening all, took last lot of cuttings from yesterday to the tip today (prob not a good idea to leave it all in the car overnight - 8 spiders re-homed to the garden) :eek: stopped at L!dl on the way back (right next to the civic amenity site) and picked up a few bits but that came from the house grocery budget. £20, not bad, grabbed a fresh loaf (just baked and still warm), chicken, some sugar snap peas, kitchen roll, cat food, and a few other bits to top us up. Freezer jam packed from all the food my mum got me so nothing going in there atm.

Sorry...waffling.

Anyway, achirvments today are the bathrooms being cleaned, and oven getting its annual deep clean, as well as a few (nearly final) touches to the project that was the front door.

and NSD #14 TARGET MET!!!! :j
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• t2rryt2rry Forumite
    941 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    :j:jHELLOOOOO PAYDAY!:j:j

NSD #17 for me yesterday....edging ever closer....
    2020: Paid off £13,877.08
    2021: Paid off £19,683.09
    ***DEBT FREE 28/05/2021***
    Emergency Fund £10,000 Complete

Next Step... Additional Savings/Sinking Fund £4,000/£10,000
  • NargleblastNargleblast Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My payday was Wednesday, t2rry, and it is all accounted for with all the direct debits due next week and the mega food shopping orgy I had that day. A very miniscule amount is left for top up petrol and food, and my monthly reflexology session. So, September should be full of NSDs for me!
    One life - your life - live it!
  • t2rryt2rry Forumite
    941 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I love this day of the month Nargle, I could spend hours (I sometimes do!) moving money to the right places, split between 6 different savings accounts, making overpayments to debt (no matter how small) and tinkering with the budget to work out where I can save!!

My first budget challenge will be tomorrow - we have £70 budgeted for a family do. If we go over budget, it costs me an NSD and I don't hit August's target...if we keep it under, the excess is free for debt payments or savings (whichever I feel deserves it more!)

Quite excited!
    2020: Paid off £13,877.08
    2021: Paid off £19,683.09
    ***DEBT FREE 28/05/2021***
    Emergency Fund £10,000 Complete

Next Step... Additional Savings/Sinking Fund £4,000/£10,000
  • nsd 12 today should be a further nsd however I need fuel and goodies as going away for a free weekend! Although if I didn't get them till tomorrow as I'm going to have a spend day then? ???? Oh I'm getting the hang of nsd again. L2B.x
    LBM 2008 [STRIKE]£45,091.23[/STRIKE] eek: now £7889:T Debt free date 18/07/2018 :)
  • jaxsmarjaxsmar Forumite
    429 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    12 no spends days
    Penny wise pound foolish
    #266 E/F £150/£1000 366 days 1p challenge 2020 ✓ completed.🎉🎈
    No.13 366 days challenge 2021..
  • ButtiButti Forumite
    5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    NSD 8 today. Not much chance of me hitting my target but will get another one on Sunday methinks!
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

PCR tests to end for fully vaccinated

Travellers returning to England in Oct

MSE News

Free Homebuilding & Renovating Show tix

London, Harrogate & Shepton Mallet

MSE Deals