Forum Home» Motoring

stop/start - Page 28

New Post Advanced Search

stop/start

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Motoring
558 replies 24.4K views
1252628303156

Replies

  • Originally Posted by topdaddy viewpost.gif They didnt say. Youve even quoted then not saying it. How can you not see that? The words "the heater is on" or variations of that are not present. At all.

    I hold you to your

    because of
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kpwll viewpost.gif
    I'm probably going to get shot down in flames for this but I have to wait between 10 & 20 mins for them to come out of school and due


    you said it don't work like that!
    Yeah it dont work that, although i concede the phrase heater on was written but as above not stated that its the senario from the op or myself from my original input in this thread
  • motorguy wrote: »
    So what are you saying?

    Whats you big beef with me, and subsequently everyone else that you cant accept what we're all saying?

    My beef is you are saying that the car will restart as if I have said it wont. Alot. But that never happened. So why keep saying it?
  • motorguymotorguy Forumite
    20.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Topdaddy wrote: »
    My beef is you are saying that the car will restart as if I have said it wont. Alot. But that never happened. So why keep saying it?

    So what are you saying that prevents you from agreeing with us?

    You just keeping saying "Yeah it dont work that" but not actually telling us how it does work?
    Just because you're offended doesnt mean you're right
  • Topdaddy wrote: »
    My beef is you are saying that the car will restart as if I have said it wont. Alot. But that never happened. So why keep saying it?
    No weve all said that there will be residual heat in the matrix to provide warm air till such time the temp sensor and ecu says engine please start we need more heat scotty!


    you said it don't work like that something to do with ignition and the HEATER what ever the hell this heater is.


    then you got many other people tell you it does and will and then you started being a pedantic little child trying to cover his backside!. and now are trying to take posts quite literal in that the OP never ASKED THE QUESTION so its a non argument in an poor effort to save face. youd have saved face a few hundred posts back when you said sorry I got it wrong they can and do work like that.
  • motorguymotorguy Forumite
    20.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your original objection seemed to be this...
    Topdaddy wrote: »
    the heater (clues in the name) will not heat. The fans will turn(running off the battery) but the heater will not warm up(either itself or the cabin air).

    What we are all saying is that it will use the latent heat in the matrix (if there is any) and if there is no latent heating remaining (or there in the first place) the car will restart to allow hot water to flow.

    What part of that are you objecting to?
    Just because you're offended doesnt mean you're right
  • motorguy wrote: »
    Your original objection seemed to be this...



    What we are all saying is that it will use the latent heat in the matrix (if there is any) and if there is no latent heating remaining (or there in the first place) the car will restart to allow hot water to flow.

    What part of that are you objecting to?

    This is just a repeat of post 271. See my reponse to that
  • motorguymotorguy Forumite
    20.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Topdaddy wrote: »
    This is just a repeat of post 271. See my reponse to that

    So that would be "My beef is you are saying that the car will restart as if I have said it wont. Alot. But that never happened. So why keep saying it?"

    No, you said there would be no heat, we said that if there was latent heat, the car would use it. If there wasnt it would restart.

    No one said you said the car wouldnt restart.

    So why cant you answer the question?
    Just because you're offended doesnt mean you're right
  • motorguy wrote: »
    So that would be "My beef is you are saying that the car will restart as if I have said it wont. Alot. But that never happened. So why keep saying it?"

    No, you said there would be no heat, we said that if there was latent heat, the car would use it. If there wasnt it would restart.

    No one said you said the car wouldnt restart.

    So why cant you answer the question?

    You are saying the car will restart. Man many times now. I havent once said it wouldnt yet you persist to say it in a way that indicates Ive disputed that. You seem to be a bit hung up on that, and in your rambling ive now lost you. Answer what question?
  • Topdaddy wrote: »
    You are saying the car will restart. Man many times now. I havent once said it wouldnt yet you persist to say it in a way that indicates Ive disputed that. You seem to be a bit hung up on that, and in your rambling ive now lost you. Answer what question?
    it doesn't work like that is a sweeping statement i.e nothing you have said works like that! you didn't say I disagree with this or I don't think it does and gave an explanation as to why.
  • it doesn't work like that is a sweeping statement i.e nothing you have said works like that! you didn't say I disagree with this or I don't think it does and gave an explanation as to why.

    Nothing i have said works like that? That the same as I have explained as to why? I dont have to explain anything.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support