»

stop/start - Page 27

New Post Advanced Search

Welcome to the new MSE Forum!

If you were registered on the old Forum BEFORE 6th February 2020, you will need to reset your password (here) before you are able to log in. When you've reset your password, you can close this message with the 'X' in the top-right corner to make it disappear. If you need any help getting started, click here.

stop/start

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Motoring
558 replies 24.3K views
1242527293056

Replies

  • edited 24 July 2014 at 1:31PM
    atrixblue.-MFR-.atrixblue.-MFR-. PPR
    6.9K posts
    PPR
    edited 24 July 2014 at 1:31PM
    kpwll wrote: »
    I'm probably going to get shot down in flames for this but I have to wait between 10 & 20 mins for them to come out of school and due to illness do not tolerate cold or getting chilled very well. I will add that I do feel guilty when keeping the engine running.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by almillar viewpost.gif
    Yes topdaddy, I can read. I've practiced it a lot in this thread...
    You're on a phone? You might be able to read all of this better on a nice big screen.
    I can't quote the OP saying the heating is on?
    I'll paraphrase - the OP wants to stay warm and doesn't want the engine to shut off whilst doing this. The heater must be on if the OP is staying warm. How is it not? How can you be arguing that the OP never 'said' they had the heater on - they're trying to stay warm!
    because they never said it did they? And thats the point. You cant just decide to make things fit your arguement.

    your red..... from post 259.
    its clear in the OP's post they DID SAY!!


    how many times are you going to be wrong?
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by almillar viewpost.gif
    Yes topdaddy, I can read. I've practiced it a lot in this thread...
    You're on a phone? You might be able to read all of this better on a nice big screen.
    I can't quote the OP saying the heating is on?
    I'll paraphrase - the OP wants to stay warm and doesn't want the engine to shut off whilst doing this. The heater must be on if the OP is staying warm. How is it not? How can you be arguing that the OP never 'said' they had the heater on - they're trying to stay warm!
    because they never said it did they? And thats the point. You cant just decide to make things fit your arguement.

    your red..... from post 259.
    its clear in the OP's post they DID SAY!!


    how many times are you going to be wrong?

    They didnt say. Youve even quoted then not saying it. How can you not see that? The words "the heater is on" or variations of that are not present. At all.
  • Topdaddy wrote: »
    They didnt say. Youve even quoted then not saying it. How can you not see that? The words "the heater is on" or variations of that are not present. At all.
    kpwll wrote: »
    No reservations as such (although in the winter I do like the heater on whilst waiting to pick up the grandsons), it was just a discussion between hubby and me :)
    wrong again
  • motorguymotorguy
    20.6K posts
    Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Topdaddy wrote: »
    They didnt say. Youve even quoted then not saying it. How can you not see that? The words "the heater is on" or variations of that are not present. At all.

    But we've covered that off



    When using stop start, and the car has stopped -

    IF the heater was previously on, then the car will use latent heat from the heater matrix for as long as it can, afterwhich the car will restart.

    IF the heater was not previously on, and you put it on, the car will restart to enable it to build up the required heat in the heater matrix.


    To which you seem to replay "no thats not how it works"?

    So how does it work for the two scenarios?

    Why cant you just answer that - other than either (a) you'd have to agree with us or (b) you know you're wrong?
    Just because you're offended doesnt mean you're right
  • motorguymotorguy
    20.6K posts
    Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭

    how many times are you going to be wrong?

    Every time. But he'd rather avoid, distract or come out with some banal dross to not have to admit it.
    Just because you're offended doesnt mean you're right
  • RichardD1970RichardD1970
    3.6K posts
    Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stop being such an !!!!. The OP has a medical condition that means that they don't tolerate the cold.

    To suggest that they have driven to the school, in winter, without any heating on in the car, and only want to put it on when they are waiting, all to try to justify your stupid argument is pathetic in the extreme.
  • wrong again

    Heh thats says they like it on. I lije shed loads of money. Dont mean I have shed loads of money. You do see that right?
  • motorguy wrote: »
    But we've covered that off



    When using stop start, and the car has stopped -

    IF the heater was previously on, then the car will use latent heat from the heater matrix for as long as it can, afterwhich the car will restart.

    IF the heater was not previously on, and you put it on, the car will restart to enable it to build up the required heat in the heater matrix.


    To which you seem to replay "no thats not how it works"?

    So how does it work for the two scenarios?

    Why cant you just answer that - other than either (a) you'd have to agree with us or (b) you know you're wrong?

    No ones saying the car wont restart are they? Thick as two thick things.
  • edited 24 July 2014 at 2:10PM
    atrixblue.-MFR-.atrixblue.-MFR-. PPR
    6.9K posts
    PPR
    edited 24 July 2014 at 2:10PM
    Topdaddy wrote: »
    Heh thats says they like it on. I lije shed loads of money. Dont mean I have shed loads of money. You do see that right?
    Originally Posted by topdaddy viewpost.gif They didnt say. Youve even quoted then not saying it. How can you not see that? The words "the heater is on" or variations of that are not present. At all.

    I hold you to your words!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kpwll viewpost.gif
    No reservations as such (although in the winter I do like the heater on whilst waiting to pick up the grandsons), it was just a discussion between hubby and me :)




    because of
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kpwll viewpost.gif
    I'm probably going to get shot down in flames for this but I have to wait between 10 & 20 mins for them to come out of school and due to illness do not tolerate cold or getting chilled very well. I will add that I do feel guilty when keeping the engine running
    so she was informed it stays warm when the stop part of stop start is active, and will restart when the temp gets low to provide toasty warm heat.


    you said it don't work like that!
  • motorguymotorguy
    20.6K posts
    Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Topdaddy wrote: »
    No ones saying the car wont restart are they? Thick as two thick things.

    So what are you saying?

    Whats you big beef with me, and subsequently everyone else that you cant accept what we're all saying?
    Just because you're offended doesnt mean you're right
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms