John Lewis order stolen in transit, JL won't do nothing about it?!

Options

Comments

• frugal_mike
    frugal_mike Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    Options
    Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act does not apply to any debit cards. Debit Card providers do often offer something called chargeback though. This is not a statutory right, but something they offer anyway.
  • DaveTheMus
    DaveTheMus Posts: 2,669 Forumite
    Options
    It's amazing how hard the Police will work to not investigate a crime.....

I thought theft was a serious crime....
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • shammyjack
    shammyjack Posts: 2,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act does not apply to any debit cards. Debit Card providers do often offer something called chargeback though. This is not a statutory right, but something they offer anyway.

I have had about 8 or 9 repayments through my Visa DC over the years with no hassle at all, gone through on the nod !
  • geerex
    geerex Posts: 785 Forumite
    Options
    You're all wrong. OP clearly states that JL "won't do nothing", therefore, they are doing something and all the OP needs to do is wait.

Sillies.
  • frugal_mike
    frugal_mike Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    Options
    shammyjack wrote: »
    I have had about 8 or 9 repayments through my Visa DC over the years with no hassle at all, gone through on the nod !

Indeed, they may do it for the OP too. Or they may check with JL and then refuse when JL produce the signature.

What you had wasnt a Section 75 claim though. Credit card companies are jointly and severally liable for the contract, debit card providers are not. You can take a credit card company to court to claim back losses caused by a retailer, but you can't do that with a debit card provider.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    shammyjack wrote: »

Wow you must be unlucky to have had to do that 8 or 9 times.

No one answered my earlier point wether a 15 year old is allowed to sign for the parcel, if he isnt, doesnt that make a difference.
  • Bantex_2
    Bantex_2 Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    Options
    DaveTheMus wrote: »
    It's amazing how hard the Police will work to not investigate a crime.....

I thought theft was a serious crime....

What would you expect them to do?
  • Civic93
    Civic93 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    geerex wrote: »
    You're all wrong. OP clearly states that JL "won't do nothing", therefore, they are doing something and all the OP needs to do is wait.

Sillies.

John lewis have said they will not investigate any further and they apologise for the long time they took , now you understand why ive posted this? I need to know if theres anything else i can do
  • Civic93
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    Wow you must be unlucky to have had to do that 8 or 9 times.

No one answered my earlier point wether a 15 year old is allowed to sign for the parcel, if he isnt, doesnt that make a difference.

Shall i raise this point to john lewis??
  • Civic93
    Options
    Bantex wrote: »
    What would you expect them to do?

Police have said they cant do anything about it, its for john lewis to deal with it not myself, they said that the items were stolen from john lewis so they are the ones to be reporting it. Gotta say john lewis have by far the worst customer services. Constantly hanging up calls, calls just passed on and going in circles. Abusive customer services its shocking
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure