John Lewis order stolen in transit, JL won't do nothing about it?!

Options

Comments

• pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Which courier is it? I thought an "adult" (18 or over) had to sign?
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    pinkshoes wrote: »
    Which courier is it? I thought an "adult" (18 or over) had to sign?

City Link so the OP says.
  • Spank
    Spank Posts: 1,751 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Can you post a pic of the box to show the slash.
  • Takeaway_Addict
    Takeaway_Addict Posts: 6,538 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Civic93 wrote: »
    Little brothers 15 years old, the slash was hidden when signed for, asked him he said couriers just knocked on the door got his sign, gave and box and done one. Couriers were city link say john lewis, its still being investigated but surely theres something else i can do. Explained this to trading standards they say john lewis has breached the contract
    They may have breached contract but considering they have a signature how will you prove this?
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
  • monty-doggy
    monty-doggy Posts: 2,134 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    visidigi wrote: »
    I ordered two iPads from JL a while back, they were in their box, another cardboard box and then a shipping bag.

Op what exactly was signed for, and empty bag? Or are you saying they opened the outer cardboard, removed iPads, sealed up box and then handed over a taped bag with nothing but cardboard in?

My I pad came like this too.

If you are pulling a fast one, or brother is, be aware that they can be traced via serial number once they are used online and you can be prosecuted if you report them stolen and then sell them on.
  • Civic93
    Civic93 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    My I pad came like this too.

If you are pulling a fast one, or brother is, be aware that they can be traced via serial number once they are used online and you can be prosecuted if you report them stolen and then sell them on.

Ive told them this already, i have contacted trading standards which told me to write a formal complaint with a deadline to act upon, which i have done so, now with no response, il be contacting trading standards again on monday. Il fight this til the end, even if i have to go to small claims court il do it, i just need to know what else can i do on my side? John Lewis are stalling, been to the police station today, the officer said the same thing to me
  • Civic93
    Options
    visidigi wrote: »
    I ordered two iPads from JL a while back, they were in their box, another cardboard box and then a shipping bag.

Op what exactly was signed for, and empty bag? Or are you saying they opened the outer cardboard, removed iPads, sealed up box and then handed over a taped bag with nothing but cardboard in?

Its a green box, inside was plastic bubble wrap and invoice and a john lewis offer leaflet, i still have these
  • Civic93
    Options
    Browntoa wrote: »
    so basically you need to

1) insist the police register the "crime" and give you a crime number

2) give the crime number to John Lewis for them to check further with their courier (it's normally their own drivers )

3) follow it up in writing in a letter sent recorded delivery

sensible response so far, thanks

Been to the police again today, they cannot issue a crime reference number as the officer and his sergeant say the contract is with john lewis and john lewis have to contact the police for a crime reference number not myself. told john lewis this again, and they say the same thing 'we can't do any further investigation without reference no', they asked the exact thing 2 weeks ago, i told the officer to talk to john lewis and he did explain, yet in circles

Ive written a formal complaint and sent recorded to head office, waiting for a response, as expected no contact yet, trading standards to be contracted again on monday for further steps.
  • Takeaway_Addict
    Takeaway_Addict Posts: 6,538 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Go back to the police station and phone John Lewis from there and get them to speak to the police
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,444 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Civic93 wrote: »
    Its a green box, inside was plastic bubble wrap and invoice and a john lewis offer leaflet, i still have these

So you did in fact sign for a cardboard box???

I know the air is light there were two!

What does city link say about the weight of the shipment in transit, is it accurate for two iPads? CL might be able to help you deduce where this has happened.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure