Solar Quotes

Options

Comments

• Sterlingtimes
    Options
    I short listed several companies for quotation and made contact. Only one has bothered to engage with me and quote. That single quote is promising.

SolarKing made it entirely conditional that they met with me and my wife together. When I questioned this they stated that it was the law. I told SolarKing to forget it!
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • tunnel
    tunnel Posts: 2,588 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I short listed several companies for quotation and made contact. Only one has bothered to engage with me and quote. That single quote is promising.

SolarKing made it entirely conditional that they met with me and my wife together. When I questioned this they stated that it was the law. I told SolarKing to forget it!

Why not post your rough location on here to see if any members could recomend an installer close to you, it has worked for several posters on here in the past.
    2 kWp SEbE , 2kWp SSW & 2.5kWp NWbW.....in sunny North Derbyshire17.7kWh Givenergy battery added(for the power hungry kids)
  • Sterlingtimes
    Options
    Thank you Tunnel

I am in Coventry, can anyone recommend a really good company to supply and install please?
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • tunnel
    Options
    Try these, http://www.ctsrenewables.co.uk/about_us.aspx
    They're not exactly local to you but they do cover your area and are reasonably priced, i know as i used them for my last install(WNW), can't hurt to try them
    Give me a shout if you decide to go with them too as in the vein of MSE they offer a referral scheme
    2 kWp SEbE , 2kWp SSW & 2.5kWp NWbW.....in sunny North Derbyshire17.7kWh Givenergy battery added(for the power hungry kids)
  • Fruit_and_Nut_Case
    Options
    ...they stated that it was the law.

:rotfl:
    I told SolarKing to forget it!

:T
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
  • Sterlingtimes
    Options
    Thank you, Fruit and Nut.

Even funnier is that I have studied law and my nineteen year old son is currently studying law. We had a good laugh at SolarKing's explanation of the law and why a spouse must be involved in the decision.

Clearly, this is a preparation for a hard double-glazing style sale, sign-up to day at a discounted price.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Clearly, this is a preparation for a hard double-glazing style sale, sign-up to day at a discounted price.

A further 15% off if they can put up an advertising board on your land??
  • EricMears
    EricMears Posts: 3,239 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you, Fruit and Nut.

Even funnier is that I have studied law and my nineteen year old son is currently studying law. We had a good laugh at SolarKing's explanation of the law and why a spouse must be involved in the decision.

Always worth asking such people if they can 'remind' you of the relevant legislation !

Never fails to amaze me just what claims are made for the contents of e.g. data protection or Health & safety regulations. I know both acts are pretty long - but if they really attempted to incorporate all the points that people attribute to them you'd need a fork lift truck to pick up a single printed copy !
    NE Derbyshire.4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).24kWh of Pylontech batteries with Lux controller BEV : Hyundai Ioniq5
  • franklally
    Options
    I've just had a quote for 7 x Hyundai solar panels with a sma sunny boy invertor for £4956.
    Predicted output is 1722 kWh/pa

Any thoughts - it seems expensive for the outlay and return?
  • tunnel
    Options
    franklally wrote: »
    I've just had a quote for 7 x Hyundai solar panels with a sma sunny boy invertor for £4956.
    Predicted output is 1722 kWh/pa

Any thoughts - it seems expensive for the outlay and return?
    Considering that you can near as damn it buy a 4kWp system for that price then hell yes that's expensive.
    Is there a reason why you've been quoted for such a small system?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure