My Diary v3.0

Options

Comments

• natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon All,
    Patiently waiting for my dress to be delivered - I don't do waiting too well!
    Was fairly productive yesterday evening ....
    Looked at the paperwork relating the to offer being made to OH under a Plevin complaint - cannot locate any additional paperwork to challenge a higher pay out so got OH to sign that off and it will go in the post this afternoon.
    Clean clothes put away and DSS bedding washed and dried.
    Managed to get OH to cancel DSS's old phone contract and get his old iPhone unlocked. OH's task for today is to find the best place to buy it from us!

I think tonight will be a bathroom blitz and some other mundane household admin!

Still trying to shake of this lurgy - don't actually feel ill, just really lethargic! :( I'll be ok though! :)
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Morning All!
    Plumber has just been to pick up the key - YAY! My boiler will be up and running soon! Whoop!
    New dress fits like a glove - but it is a little on the low-cut side... now normally I wouldn't worry too much as long as everything was 'contained', but as it is to wear to my Uncles wedding, I feel I need to be a little more conservative... the hunt is now on for a lace-fronted slip / cami of some description to go underneath! Not sure whether to try and match the colour of the dress (navy) or go for a contrast colour like a pink or turquoise and accessories to match? Dilemma! lol
    My 2 new pairs of shoes arrived this morning... for £5 each they are fab and I can't wait to wear them! Must step away from that website for a while or I will soon run out of pennies!! lol Eek!
    Bits of housework done last night - bathroom and kitchen blitzed. Some paperwork filed. OH managed to do the research for DSS's phone, but not actually put anything in place!
    Tonight I have circuits so there's nothing else on my 'to do' list. must start on a list for the weekend as I am off work!
    Catch you all later! x
  • camz2017
    camz2017 Posts: 347 Forumite
    Options
    Wishing you a very toasty evening :)

Well done on finishing that to do list I’ve literally never got to the bottom of one of mine. I just delete the list after so long and start over.
    BC 0/15305.83 MBNA: 0/11231.16 TESCO 0/822.87 LOAN 0/4272.67
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Ah, a house with heating! Marvellous! Got home from circuits last night and it was warm and cozy inside. :)
    Talking of circuits I am bit miffed - we don't have a great selection of fitness centres locally and the one I use is fairly pants but I really enjoy my class. Someone in their wisdom has decided to move circuits into the spin room - this means there is very reduced clear floor space for the stations we usually do and our instructor has incorporated 25-30 mins of spin into the class. I know it's all exercise, but I detest spin! With a serious passion!! If I want to ride a bike, I would get mine out the shed and go for a good ride round the countryside where I live! My main problem is my mind wanders too quickly, so after 5 minutes I am thinking about everything and everything, which is something I never had time to do at 'proper' circuits as it was fast and intense, then on to the next station, and the next and the next! I will persevere for now, but may have to actively look for another class somewhere else. There is a bootcamp which runs exclusively for women - but they are all ridiculously early 5am classes! I really have no desire to be up at that time in the morning!
    Anyway, that aside payday still feels a long way away! I am hoping that it clears into the bank Fri / Sat (due Monday). I have money left, I just really don't like seeing the balance soooo low. Not only that, I can start updating my spreadsheet with actual figures which always brings me joy!
    Toying with the idea of moving one of my bank accounts to earn a bonus. If I do, that bonus can go toward my car fund! That bludger will be gone soon!
    Right, off to make myself a cup of coffee and re-fill my water bottle! Happy Thursday peoples! x
  • camz2017
    Options
    I hate spin also!!!! I think it’s ridiculous and just a waste of time. Why would anyone want to sit on a rock hard agonising chair to the point they can’t sit down at work multiple times a week!?

I say keep your account where it is since account length does have an affect on your credit score. :)
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    camz2017 wrote: »
    Why would anyone want to sit on a rock hard agonising chair to the point they can’t sit down at work multiple times a week!?

Exactly my thoughts!

With regards to the Account move, I have several long-standing Accounts that are active (one's almost 20 years old!) so I am safe on that front. :) I could move our house account easily enough! I will ponder for a while though!

Bored at work today - busy enough but really nothing to get my teeth into... hence spending most of the day on here! Love reading snippets of peoples diaries!
  • camz2017
    Options
    I’ve switched accounts a few times it’s somewhat hidden but you usually need x amount of direct debits that are actively in use as part of the transfer and must pay in a specific amount per month. If you do not then use the account as your main account going forward they can revoke the funds, so you’d be advised to switch it over for general day to day use.
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Morning All!
    A glorious sunny morning here today - there was a really pretty ice pattern on my car this morning! (it's the small things right?)
    Checked the bank - no wages yet :(
    The house account meets all the criteria for an account move (OH and I both put in money to cover all the standard house bills, which are paid by DD) In fact, the current house account is only where it is as I moved it a couple of years back to get £100 or so! On top of that there are more DD's from the house account than my own current account! :) Might dedicate some time at work today to have a good look around at what is on offer!! lol
    The plan for tonight is pretty mundane - need to dye my hair, there is another mountain of clean clothes to put away (... I really don't know why OH or DSS can't do this?) and I make our bed - all fresh for the weekend! Lovely. DSS really, really annoyed me last night so I have left him a list of things for him to do when he gets in from college this afternoon... put dried washing up away, do any washing up that there is, feed the kittens, put out recycling, empty the bin (and put new bin bag in - yes, I have to be that specific) and empty cat litter tray. In fact he annoyed me sooo much last night I woke up angry this morning!
    Tomorrow I can't decide between a good lie-in or up early and hit the gym. I know what I should do, but my body says sleep! Not much planned for the day and then we are out for a premier of a local film one of our friends is in!
    Sunday I plan on getting the 2 new blinds we bought last weekend put up! Busy day huh? lol
    Just want to be paid so I can pop some exact figures in my spreadsheet - estimations are ok, but not as precise as I would like! :)
    Looks like another boring day at work - so no doubt I will be back here later! lol x
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    My payslip has just arrived in my inbox!! WHOOP WHOOP - off to play with my spreadsheet!
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    My estimation of my new monthly wage was out by £6! lol

In other news, the only Account I can currently switch to for a 'reward' is the M&S one with £125 in M&S vouchers (as I have / have had Accounts with all the others inside their exemption period) :(

I'm off home in a bit! My aim for next week is to spend less time on here and spend more time working! lol
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback