🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

My Diary v3.0

Options

Comments

• camz2017
    camz2017 Posts: 347 Forumite
    Options
    To ensure a good credit, anything with your name on it should leave via Direct Debit (even if joint). I personally would get anything Joint paid off, and then focus on your own debts, and own finances. You cannot control someone else, only point them in the right direction.

Best of luck :) ps subscribed!
    BC 0/15305.83 MBNA: 0/11231.16 TESCO 0/822.87 LOAN 0/4272.67
  • natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi camz,
    thanks for popping by and subscribing - I forgot to add in my post that I have paid OH's share of the CC bill, so we are all square and he now owes me.
    Luckily, our monthly CC bill is all we have debtwise (well, excluding my car finance which I am working on paying off early) and it is always paid in full each month. It was just annoying that he didn't tell me he hadn't paid it until it was 3 days late! Oh well, lesson learned!
    I am soooo glad it is Friday. Work has been pretty full on this week and I am away from home, missing OH (despite his CC failure!). But we are both out for dinner tonight with my parentals and then we are visiting OH's sisters family tomorrow. Need to be back to the house I am sitting late afternoon. There are fireworks locally tomorrow evening and will need to be out walking with the dog whilst they are going on... if we stay in the poor dog goes mad!
    Sunday, I would really like a very chilled day.... kicking off with a good old fashioned Sunday morning lay-in!
    Surveys have been really slow recently... especially Pro.Ac Nothing added to my car fund lately - the money from house-sitting will be going in there though!
    Catch you all later! :)
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Using my last 1/2 days leave this afternoon to go birthday and festive shopping. Almost wish I was staying at work ... it is cold and very wet out there!
    Catch you all next week! x
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    House-sitting money received and moved over to my car loan fund. Over 2 months worth of payments in there now. I will clear it sooner, I will!

Festive shopping under way - really struggling more than usual to get into it this year. On the upside we appear have less people than any previous year to buy for.
    Pro.Ac still soooo slow - not a single survey for weeks now! Grrr.
  • camz2017
    Options
    Hope you got everything you needed. Happy new week :D

I’ve headed up to ikea, I finish for Christmas on Friday and I’m trying to avoid the office until then. Drove to my client site this morning and came back home midday. Just bought a £5 lamp in ikea as my bedroom has no ceiling lights and just lamps and it’s like being in a cave. Went to B&M for some 100 watt crazy bright bulbs.
  • camz2017
    Options
    Imagine how good it will feel when you own the car! :D

Festive shopping wise just get it all online - that’s what I do :D

I can only get into buying stuff for myself hahahaa. Just kidding :p
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Well, the present buying is progressing... looking back at shopping history I usually fall into buying presents for people in a certain order (not sure why, it just seems to be that way). This year, the order is completely different (for some unknown reason) and I am a bit worried I am kidding myself and there's more to do than I think.... time for a list over the weekend me thinks!
    Saying that, I did manage to buy myself a new dress; must have picked the only one that wasn't reduced!! Doh!!
    House-sitting this evening, then work tomorrow followed by a hair appointment. Out in the evening for a 'Christmas party' held by one of OH's suppliers. Should only be the cost of a few drinks and another couple are driving us there and back saving on a taxi! Looks like I will be heading back into town on Sunday for more present inspiration.
    Managed to write a bunch of cards last night so will need to get them posted next week along with some small gifts and a parcel to America.
    Somehow the house looks like a complete tip.. again!! I have no idea how it happens as we are both out the house for most of the day...but OH and DSS do have an inability to put stuff back where it came from. I'm hoping OH may do some tidying tonight whilst I am away... but I won't be holding my breath! He has been instructed to put the washing on though - which he will do!
    OH has received his ppi refund money from the loan ppi I complained about (not a massive amount, but better than nothing!) He will be transferring almost all of it to me to re-pay last months CC I paid for him... and the rest will go toward this months I'm sure! I have also submitted a plevin complaint on CC ppi that had been declined - should know about that by mid-Jan. OH doesn't know about this; thought it would be a nice surprise if it does pay out!! *good girlfriend points to be earned*
    So, that is me up to date again. No sign of snow down here... it's cold with a biting wind, but there is barely a cloud in the sky!
    Have a great weekend All! x
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Just updated all my spreadsheets (slow day at work) ... can now see everything right the way through to the end of Dec 2018 = 1 content Nats x
  • camz2017
    Options
    Well done - keep it up :)
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Sooo, I updated my spreadsheet (love it!) and now I will need to do it again... as I have a payrise!!! WHOOP WHOOP! 13.3% payrise! DOUBLE WHOOP WHOOP!
    This will be paid from Januarys pay. I have asked if I can take the increase in a split between straightforward pay, employer contribution to my pension and holiday. The answer was yes... so I will let them know how I would like it split! Time to put my thinking cap on and crunch some numbers!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure