Comments

• camz2017
    camz2017 Posts: 347 Forumite
    Options
    That’s absolutely brilliant news I’m super happy for you :D

There’s some great take home salary calculators

This one I particularly like:
    https://m.thesalarycalculator.co.uk

Hope you’re having a glass of wine to celebrate at least!
    BC 0/15305.83 MBNA: 0/11231.16 TESCO 0/822.87 LOAN 0/4272.67
  • natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Ha ha! I literally wrote my post on here this morning, then scooted off to find a salary calculator!! :) Just waiting to hear about this years bonus now! lol (that's paid in Decembers wage!)

There will be AT LEAST a glass of lovely chilled white wine consumed this evening... not too much though as I have loads to do this weekend; starting with taking the kittens to the vets (deep joy!).

Catch you all Monday - have a great weekend All! x
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • EscapingTheAlarm
    Options
    Well done on your pay rise! That's amazing news! Enjoy celebrating!
    ETA x
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Good morning All - Happy New Year!!
    Well, where do I start? Not sure what there is to write, but here goes, in no particular order....
    • Kitties survived their first trip to the vets - OH taking them back this Sat for their booster. Then we can look at getting them spayed. Vet advised keeping them inside until they are 9 months old (currently 6.5 months) as this will mean they skip the age where they hone their hunting skills = less dead animals being brought in for us!
    • End of year work stocktake was successfully completed, Christmas meal attended - back at work for the first day today!
    • OH had flu from 20th Dec.... quiet Christmas all round.
    • Christmas bonus received - netted me about £700 after tax. All surplus money currently sat in my car fund - might need to use some for CC bill, but hey-ho!
    • Money from mum for xmas - paid into my car fund.
    • £10.80 tax rebate cheque received and banked in car fund.
    • Vouchers received for Christmas... safely in purse waiting to be spent.
    • Christmas done and dusted - went sales shopping and came home with only a bottle of Vodka!
    • Need to assess CC damage and move funds around to pay!
    • Keep an eye out for letter for OH's Plevin compensation.
    • Start house-sitting tomorrow for a week - money from that will go straight to car fund.
    Off the top of my head, that is it for now! I am sure more will come to mind as my brain gears up for the year ahead!

Here's to a money making / saving year for us all! xxx
  • camz2017
    Options
    Happy new year Nats! If you can, put up some pics of the kittens. I love cats, follow far too many on instagram!
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Morning All! A bit on the windy side here this morning!

House-sitting started - just been to feed the pooch and let him out (bonus that the house is only 1 min from work!)

Okay, so on the money front, I have had a look around my Accounts and CC bill - and all is not too bad at all. I shouldn't have to dip into my car fund this month! :)

Based on this.... here is Financial Plan for 2018 'Version 1'....
    • New pay should be in the region of + £220 / month.
    • Put £100 / month into car fund; my lovely spreadsheet tells me that doing this brings my loan end date forward to July this year! This is 9 months early & will also save interest = As of August I will then have + £214 / month to play with.
    • Put any "extra" money into car fund to bring forward loan end date... All cashback and house-sitting money etc
    • Up pension contribution this month and possibly again once car loan finished.
    • Continue to 'make my money work for me'! Simple things like clearing the CC in full on time each month so no interest accrues, maximizing cashback for 'essential' purchases, maximizing all interest earned on savings.
    So there you have it! A much shorter, simpler plan than many in the past!! lol. Kinda can't believe that come July I will be TOTALLY debt-free (despite having no debt other than my car loan since September 2015).

Right, that's enough thinking from me for this morning, time to do some work! lol
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Me again!
    Have done a bit of work, but have also been playing with my spreadsheet!
    It looks as though I should be able to bring my loan end date forward by another 2 months by using money that will have built up in another account!
    I could clear it even quicker if I were to use my emergency fund... but then I wouldn't have an emergency fund and this really isn't an emergency!! :)
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    UPDATE.... here is Financial Plan for 2018 'Version 1.1'....
    • New pay should be in the region of + £220 / month.
    • Put £100 / month into car fund; my lovely spreadsheet tells me that doing this brings my loan end date forward to July this year! This is 9 months early & will also save interest = As of August I will then have + £214 / month to play with. Having fully updated my spreadsheet my new target is to clear my car in April!
    • Put any "extra" money into car fund to bring forward loan end date... All cashback and house-sitting money etc
    • Up pension contribution this month and possibly again once car loan finished. Contributions automatically increase in April... Will leave this alone until then as I can see it going wrong otherwise... will divert Jan /Feb / March pension increase into the car fund.
    • Continue to 'make my money work for me'! Simple things like clearing the CC in full on time each month so no interest accrues, maximizing cashback for 'essential' purchases, maximizing all interest earned on savings.
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    So.... it turns out the Pro.Ac put a 'hold' on my account for no known reason. It was the tiniest of notifications on the screen meaning I just hadn't seen it and thought there were no surveys. All resolved now and a survey for 35p completed today! "I'll be rich I tell you, rich!" lol
  • camz2017
    Options
    I am pretty sure I replied to you, but not seeing it here! I read your diary (well parts of it) from 2008 earlier today. I cannot believe how far you have come since then! Glad to hear you have access to the surveys again now.

How brilliant you will have no debts by April!! :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport