My Diary v3.0

Options

Comments

• natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Had a look at OH's ppi letter last night - all quite vague, so will get him to call them tonight or tomorrow.
    Whilst searching for something in a cupboard (think deep one under the stairs!) I came across a box with a load of old lever arch files in... all with OH's older paperwork in. Now this paperwork would have come in quite handy with previous claims.... but I did find paperwork for a old loan that I knew nothing about (and OH had forgotten about), that was paid in full a few years ago, but has a pre-loaded ppi amount on it. I will add that to the list!! Going to have a good trawl through the files tonight and see what is in there!
    Nothing to report on my side. All dull - and 3 weeks to pay day!!
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Zero progress on OH's ppi. Tuesday night I was in from work late and had other stuff to do. Last night was circuit training (and watching The Apprentice), but I did give OH the letter relating to the outstanding claim so he can call them from work today to chase as the 8 week deadline has passed (phone line only open 8am-5pm!)
    Tonight I plan to....
    write a birthday card for a friends little girl
    Look through OH's paperwork
    Pay CC
    Cook dinner
    .... and relax

OH cooked dinner on Monday- it was lovely.... a tomatoey, tuna pasta bake (think it was a Sainsbury recipe). I'm not a huge fan of tuna pasta bakes (warm tinned fish just doesn't really do it for me) but it was lovely - just as well really as OH made enough to feed about 8 people, so we had dinner Monday and I have had some for lunch every day since (with plenty left for tomorrow).
    That's all folks! :)
  • natsplatnat
    edited 16 October 2017 at 3:31PM
    Options
    Oh, I miss weekly pay! Been online this morning - all accounts as they should be.
    So, last night was quite productive...
    write a birthday card for a friends little girl DONE
    Look through OH's paperwork DONE
    Pay CC DONE
    Cook dinner DONE
    .... and relax DONE

OH managed to call about his outstanding ppi claim yesterday - apparently they are just snowed under because of all the new claims coming through since the deadline was announced and the Plevin ruling. They haven't kept to the rule of giving a final response in 8 weeks, so we could go to the Ombudsman, but I think we'll give it a couple of weeks and see what happens!
    I'll log on to The Resolver today and make a start on OH's loan with the front-loaded ppi. "If you don't ask, the answer will always be no!" I found some other accounts of OH's that also had ppi... some are for a bank we have already successfully claimed from, but the account numbers don't match! Will do a bit of digging on these first. I also managed to locate the account where the CC agreed to lower his interest rate in exchange for adding "accident and sickness cover". Now, I am pretty sure that this is not allowed either, so will be investigating that in the coming weeks! Blimey, I'm gonna be busy!!
    Right, I must get on with some work. I am in tomorrow, then off to see my sister Sat overnight. It's not gonna break the bank and it will be great to see her!
    Have a lovely weekend all - hoping the warm weather makes an appearance as promised by the weather forecasters!
    xxx
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    £1.35 withdrawn from TCB.

On other news - we may soon be the owners (more like keepers) of 2 x cats.
    (where is the eye rolling emoji??)
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Morning All!

Well, we now have 2 felines in our family! 2 totally black, 4 month old females.... names to still be agreed on.

Money wise there's not a lot to report - oh, except I am getting a tax rebate! A whole £10.80!!!!
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Sooo, what's new?

Cats are named - Gizmo (thanks to DSS for that) and Pixel. They are sooo cute!
    On the back of registering the claim for OH's loan, he received a form to prove he is who he says he is (or rather I say he is!). That went back in the post yesterday. 8 weeks and counting.
    Will try and register another of OH's claims this week! Honestly, what that man did before we got together does actually beggar belief sometimes! :)
    Spent around 5 hours de-cluttering on Sunday - 4 black sacks of carp items gone.... and the house looks no different as it all came from inside drawers and cupboards. Hopefully it does mean that in the near future we can re-home stuff into them instead of having them out!! We'll see!
    Not much else to report - not spending, but not making money either!! Could be worse!! ;)
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Ok, so 'Pixel' name not really sticking! Thinking caps back on - any suggestions gratefully received.
    Registered another ppi mis-selling complaint for OH last night. Fingers crossed on that one too!
    Withdrew £1.20 from Q.co yesterday! Whoop!
    Don't get paid until Monday - BOO!
    Life is certainly pretty dull at the moment!! XXX
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Morning All - happy November!
    I honestly don't know where the year has gone!?

Any way, I changed tariff with my G&E supplier and they wanted to reduce my DD.... now, usually I would be viewing this as a good thing... but it put my monthly gas payment at £1!! Really? So I have just had a 'live chat' online and they are keeping my DD at the same amount it is now.. I will see where we are in 3 months or so. I was just thinking that if this does turn out to be a cold winter, I don't want to end up owing them loads in a few months time!!
    Wages went in on Monday - everything moved around.
    Anyone finding Pro.Ac really slow at the mo? I know its been half-term.... but still!
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    I'll log on to The Resolver today and make a start on OH's loan with the front-loaded ppi. "If you don't ask, the answer will always be no!"

Complaint for mis-selling of ppi due to front-loading it on to the loan upheld. £1600 due within the next 20 days.

Use the MSE Resolver Tool - sooo easy! x
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Grrr - soooo annoyed.

I am away from home house-sitting and I after telling OH about the CC bill, I messaged him with the figure AND reminded him. 3 days after it was due, he (almost cheerfully) tells me via video chat that he hasn't paid it as he has no money!! Not impressed at all! At least I paid my section. I am waiting for him to tell me where his money has gone!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback