We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Debate House Prices


In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Nice People 12: Nice in Nice

1…935936938940941…994

Comments

  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    You tube is being difficult. Third night in a row.
  • Nikkster
    Nikkster Posts: 6,391 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Quite.

    Its a widow of an old friend of firs. I said I'd have him call her later ( its still evening there) or tomorrow, but she was letting us know she was ok. Which was kind, only I wasn't aware she wasn't . I'm not quite sure how one had that kind of accident with a spider web either, fir will get more out of her....:D

    A couple of days ago, I opened my bedroom door to find a cobweb right across the doorway. And a mahoosive spider chillaxing right in the middle of it. It's a good job a) I'd bothered to put my glasses on and b) it was a rather sizeable spider so I noticed it.
    The cobweb almost looked like it was made out of cotton - the fibre was so thick and strong. It was quite impressive. Spidey still went out of the window though.

    Hope fir's friend is ok.
  • Nikkster
    Nikkster Posts: 6,391 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    You tube is being difficult. Third night in a row.

    It keeps crashing the web browser (chrome?) on my phone this week. Never done that before.
  • Nikkster
    Nikkster Posts: 6,391 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Yorkie1 wrote: »
    I've dug up spuds as late as March, so no rush unless you feel the urge.

    Forgot to ask - even if I planted them in May?

    I've kind of abandoned the garden for the past few weeks :o. The next few weeks it's going to be even more difficult - impossible - for me to get out there. I'll have to start again next year. It makes me feel a bit sad as I love spending time out there (esp when it's nice and warm and sunny though...). Hoping to cut the grass for the last time this yr tomorrow eve (think I need to do it before the weekend?).
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Nikkster wrote: »
    It keeps crashing the web browser (chrome?) on my phone this week. Never done that before.

    I'll stop trying then if its not just me.

    Sleepy all the time but when I finally say go for it...sleep....I find it hard to relax , so like to play a meditation or hypnosis thing.
  • Generali
    Generali Posts: 36,411 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hi lemonjelly! Hope you're well:beer::j

    Happy birthday mate.

    Good work on the cycling, we'll have you going up Mont Ventoux by next summer! You may well find you don't lose a huge amount of weight unless you have quite a bit spare IYSWIM. What you will find is you will lose fat and gain muscle which is even better!
  • Nikkster
    Nikkster Posts: 6,391 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    I'll stop trying then if its not just me.

    Sleepy all the time but when I finally say go for it...sleep....I find it hard to relax , so like to play a meditation or hypnosis thing.

    I'll send you the document I'm reviewing if you want?
  • It was that kind of territory. 40 year old man, has let himself go a bit, WLTM <25 year old blonde with "significant assets".

    Still, good luck to him!

    perhaps he needs to add "shortsighted" to his wishlist?
    LydiaJ wrote: »
    Spirit!! How lovely to hear from you. :j

    So glad you are able to post. Hope you are giving the oldies a fabulous fun-filled time having somebody young and glamorous amongst them. ;)

    Wish you had indeed said Disraeli with a video camera to record their reactions! :D

    Oooooh, it's that nice Mr. Blair, isn't it?
    ...much enquiry having been made concerning a gentleman, who had quitted a company where Johnson was, and no information being obtained; at last Johnson observed, that 'he did not care to speak ill of any man behind his back, but he believed the gentleman was an attorney'.
  • Nikkster
    Nikkster Posts: 6,391 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Well, I've made it up to equation 40 (of 49, then there are a few figures). I'll have to tackle the rest tomorrow I think.
  • lemonjelly wrote: »

    Hello All!:hello:
    Sorry I've not been around for so long.

    Happy Birhtday!

    Did you see my post for you about jam / jelly?

    Is your Dad ok?
    ...much enquiry having been made concerning a gentleman, who had quitted a company where Johnson was, and no information being obtained; at last Johnson observed, that 'he did not care to speak ill of any man behind his back, but he believed the gentleman was an attorney'.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.