🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Looms

Options
1234568»

Comments

• meritaten
    meritaten Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    Options
    are you saying that at secondary level the students think its acceptable to behave the way you describe??????? wow - you DO have a discipline problem then. do they also text on their mobiles? chat to each other while you are teaching? and generally misbehave - because I cant believe its just the 'influence' of those 'rubber bands' which causes such behaviour'
  • fizz
    fizz Posts: 984 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I teach at secondary level. I have had kids sit in my class making the darned things - focused on that, not on what I'm trying to teach. I've had to deal with the little darlings flicking them at each other, stealing them, swapping them, giving them away, and generally being obnoxious towards each other with the 'I'll make one for her but not for you as you're not my friend' rubbish. So finally, when we were all run ragged with it, the Head banned them.

Same reason that they were banned at my dd's school...and frankly I don't blame the Head at all.
    20p Savers Club 2013 #17 £7.80/£120.00
  • System
    System Posts: 178,106 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I used the loom

I have quite chunky fingers and felt. A bit like they were cutting off the circulation :eek: so sticking with the loom for now

Fork? Is that another way of doing it? So much to learn hehe
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family